Preview 2023 Rd 23 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday August 19 2:10PM @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Harry McKay
OUT: Lachie Fogarty (soreness), Ed Curnow

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettBlake Acres
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Harry McKay
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowJosh Honey
Jack Silvagni

Harry for Motlop
Walsh for Hollands
Cerra for Dow
JSOS for Pittonet
Gov for Cincotta
Boyd for Fisher
Kennedy sub for Ed
Dont think there will be 7 changes before finals.
There is going to be some who miss unfortunately.
Ed curnow will definitely be one of them. I don't think jsos or fisher get in either . The rest is line ball. Boyd might be a bit stiff , but we can pretty much guarantee that there will be more injuries to come between now and finals so any available players have to be fit and ready to go

Friends, what is the best way to get to the ground? I can see online that there's no parking available. We'll have 4 adults, 2 x 5 year olds and 2 x 3 year olds so an Uber or cab is out of the question.

Friends, what is the best way to get to the ground? I can see online that there's no parking available. We'll have 4 adults, 2 x 5 year olds and 2 x 3 year olds so an Uber or cab is out of the question.
Maxi cab I would think. Takes 10

Wish I could be there but kids footy this weekend.

I know you will have a great day

Train to Nerang then DiDi (cheaper than Uber) to ground or they will likely be running shuttle buses from the station. 2.2km walk from station- which is a trek considering multiple people giving “piggy back” rides 😂

Last edited:
If you are staying in surfers you could catch tram to Helensvale train station. From there catch train to Nerang station. From there shuttle bus to stadium.

the train and busses are definitely free but not sure about tram. I suspect it is also free.

Bit of a route but probably enjoy the sight seeing and it’s mostly (all?) free service

There are busses from train station in Robina but it is tough from the Gold Coast strip.
There may be other spots where busses go but my suggestion would be grab 2 cabs in tandem, could be pricey though and when I got a cab last time traffic was hectic!
🤞

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've seen the media make some silly calls and discussion for content generation, but the Harry chat has been ridiculous. The fact some of our supporters have bought into it is mind boggling.
He is in our most important half dozen players and is a walk up start under any circumstance. What the opposition has done to Charlie the last two weeks just doesn't occur with H around.

I think the selection dilemma for this week now is if Pittonet and Docherty are right to get through the game.
Pitto's knee is strapped up like a mummy, he played an important role last weekend to allow TDK to run Gawn ragged late but SOS is there to cover for this week if necessary.

There are going to be unlucky players for the next two weeks and hopefully an elimination final after that. Good luck to the match committee making those calls.

IN - McKay, Boyd (SOS)
OUT - Motlop, E. Curnow (Pittonet)

Fisher as sub instead of Ed and cover for Doc if he doesn't get up.
The fact that our own supporters that have bought into it is nuts. There are so many clueless idiots all over social media.

Trade Harry

Yeah ok 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is no gimme by a long way.

If no Doc, that means no Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy and Doc in our midfield. Walsh tore them to shreds last time we played, it was his “turning the corner” game.

Touk Miller didn’t play against us last time either. A gun who regularly gives us grief. They were pretty decent v Swans away last week.

The odds reflect this will be closer than many around here think and I agree.

Last edited:

If no Doc, that means no Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy and Doc in our midfield. Walsh tore them to shreds last time we played, it was his “turned the corner” game.

Touk Miller didn’t play against us last time either. A gun who regularly gives us grief. They were pretty decent v Swans away last week.

If we play like we have the last 8 games, then we win.

Each week, I've been asking myself...is this the week we drop off? The team have proven themselves week after week that they will bring the heat.

What are our weaknesses, what will it take to beat us? I think that the only question mark is whether the physical, contested game style is possibly week in week out without any drop off in application.

Back them in.

If no Doc, that means no Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy and Doc in our midfield. Walsh tore them to shreds last time we played, it was his “turned the corner” game.

Definitely will be a tough match. They have the better of us at home. It'll be a lighter midfield mix for us, but a heavier forward line with H returning.

Definitely will be a tough match. They have the better of us at home. It'll be a lighter midfield mix for us, but a heavier forward line with H returning.
Yep H back helps, but he needs the midfield supply first, hence I worry that our midfield with only Crippa, Hewett and Paddy as our main mids leaves us a bit shallow. If no Doc, we’ll need enormous cameos from the likes of Cuners and Fog to get them enough quality supply.

Acres has been super lately, do we bring him in for more centre bounces and unleash Binns or Boyd as a wing option? He loves a contest and a brilliant extractor recently. Curious to get thoughts on this.

Serious question - Boyd was our BOG in 2’s - did he play as a mid our across hb per usual?

I really can't stand the fact that the media are saying we're a slight chance of a prelim or a GF and my years of torment says to my brain I'm not even sure we beat Gold Coast hahaha :tearsofjoy:
I haven't really allowed myself to enjoy the winning run as much as I should because finals aren't locked up and too many nightmares from last year.
We win this weekend it is rip the lid off time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back