Preview 2023 Rd 9 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Saturday May 13 7:30PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Cottrell, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Owies
OUT: Ed Curnow (Omitted), Josh Honey (Omitted), Brodie Kemp (Omitted)

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Matt KennedyMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowJordan BoydLachie Fogarty
Brodie Kemp

Don’t see why though? I mean effort was there and Voss acknowledged this at his post match presser.

Voss blamed poor execution for the loss so yelling/screaming/baking players for that is a bit of a waste and not appropriate imo. they are what they are. Baking won’t change that.
Just passing on what I heard from someone who was in the meeting... Got nothing else to add

Last year, even in the back half, I was always comfortable with the brand of footy we were playing

At the moment, I am finding it hard which version will show up

Right now, the best statement we can make is the level of intent
Me too... last year we were still competitive, and suffered some narrow defeats(also had some narrow victories.)
This season is a polar opposite, even the wins(except half a west coast side) have been very underwhelming, despite having most of our list available and the addition of good new players.

Don’t see why though? I mean effort was there and Voss acknowledged this at his post match presser.

Voss blamed poor execution for the loss so yelling/screaming/baking players for that is a bit of a waste and not appropriate imo. they are what they are. Baking won’t change that.

They needed a bake. The decision making was deplorable and same with the kicking, Ed's kick was plain lazy, Charlie kicked to no one, Young's hand ball to no one and Weiters around the corner kick just to name a few.

There's moving the ball quickly with good decisions and clean kicking and then there's what Carlton did on the weekend and the players absolutely need to be put across the knee.

85 points out of 100 scored on turnover can't be ignored and a quiet chat is not enough for professionals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the turn overs, which comes from our shite disposal, ipso facto fix the disposal and by natural consequence turn overs will be reduced. As my old Maths Master Big M would have said "...the cat, sat on, the mat....Son."

Surely us fans won't call it a success if we miss finals, we didnt miss them through lack of talent last year it was just down to tiring late in the year and losing some close games against top quality opposition.

You would be hard pressed to find improvement in any area of the ground, Curnow up forward but everyone around him is the same or worse the same could be said for Newman down back and the midfield is down on all fronts aside from Acres/Holland on the wings.

It's the turn overs, which comes from our shite disposal, ipso facto fix the disposal and by natural consequence turn overs will be reduced. As my old Maths Master Big M would have said "...the cat, sat on, the mat....Son."
Ken oath. 100% disposal. Turnovers between half back and centre thru to half forward. We are getting smashed through this area of the ground

That is the nature/nurture argument; are you born to be a psychopath or is it socialized? I don't believe that Fisher can't be re-educated to be more negative and forceful; and curtail his flair for a team first belief. We haven't had a decent lock down small defender since Franchina, and that's saying something.......

How about Cripps winning the ball and pushing forward - make Bont chase him.
Let’s get some offensive thinking back in our minds.
Yeah hear what you’re saying but if I was Bont I wouldn’t give 2 ****s about Cripps going forward and would just run my own race in this match up....

It would be Cripps going to him & not vice versa.

Listening to a few podcasts and starting to notice our inability to use a spare behind the ball. There’s no disadvantage to us using this tactic as everyone uses it. It’ll open up our forward line to have more space.

Charlie needs to start moving up the ground while leaving Harry closer to goal. Charlie’s one of the best kicks inside 50 in the league. He should be doing exactly what Jeremy Cameron is. Give him a free role to roam the field. Go everywhere. Harry to stay at home. I’d love to see it but will we try it. Play doc off the wing and send him straight back off the defensive side. Leave acres on the other to be the attacking wing.

Walsh can come off the forward square to add to the midfield and be the first handball recieve forward. Simples.

That is the nature/nurture argument; are you born to be a psychopath or is it socialized? I don't believe that Fisher can't be re-educated to be more negative and forceful; and curtail his flair for a team first belief. We haven't had a decent lock down small defender since Franchina, and that's saying something.......
All defenders need to be capable overhead, strong and lay tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back