Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just saw the Roos are picking Toby Pink (Glenelg) after he was named FB in the SANFL team of the year.

25 years old, 194cm, 95kg. Might be a handy depth KPD pick up for them. I wonder if we had any interest as well

Maybe not - if we are able to get in ahead of a Welsh bid, then extra mid range picks can be used to match a bid on him and possible the younger Michalanney
There is so many unknowns next year with our father sons that it just seems to make sense to trade everything into this year and then next year get Welsh, Michalaney and maybe a free agent like Hayward or McLuggage.

we have a great hand this year already but ad our future 1st and we could get Petty and 3 potential stars in the draft.

this year: Petty, McKercher, O’Sullivan, Darcy Wilson
Next year: Welsh, Michalaney, Hayward

Not many holes on our list then.

2&3 please! 😆

If the reported offer they (Norf) made was true, then no words. What an utterly delusional club they are. Very sad, a once “proud” club who fought above their weight division reduced to nothing more than beggars. All the help by the VFL in the world and they still put their hands out for more.

I hope we hold pick 1 and draft Reid which is what is the likely result at the current point in time.
NM is a pathetic football club.
The welfare club of Victoria.

Nah, better than a second this year.

If you can enter the trade period with three picks in the first two rounds it's an okay starting point even if it's a end of second round.

We’re not talking “a” second, we’re talking a very late one

And you always have to discount the value of future picks when trading for them a year in advance

For that I’d much rather not trade him and use his uncertainty about the PSD as a motivator to resign with us instead

We’re not talking “a” second, we’re talking a very late one

And you always have to discount the value of future picks when trading for them a year in advance

For that I’d much rather not trade him and use his uncertainty about the PSD as a motivator to resign with us instead
The NFL has a rule of thumb that each year into the future discounts by one round. E.g. future first worth a second.

Though they have 250odd kids drafted every year

Clayton Oliver spotted this morning at the Footscray hospital emergency dept.

I don't get why people think what we are offering Petty is overs. He is 23 year old premiership player who can play a key position at either end. Also no flight risk come free agency.

Port would be all over him if they hadn't already committed to other players. We will have to outbid them next year.
Sounds like Billy frampton 😆

Doedee gone, mcadam gone and we had money there and have not got anyone on stupid money...we 'might' have the capacity for both and if we do, then we are in a good place
absolutely should have the capacity. Also missed out on both Redman (I reckon 650-700k type offer) and Day (even bigger $) so reckon losing Doedee (probably 500k ish currenly), Mc Adam (350-400k?), Sloanes salary halving or more, we could we have 2m OR MORE to spend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's annoying that we've constantly lost players for money but now we have money, no one wants a bar of us.

Are we that stinky?

Considering we picked up Rankine and Dawson in the last two trade periods, that isn't it.

I do wonder if the league (inc. us) misread the room with the CBA change though, seeing how few genuinely good players are moving this year. Plus how valuable KPDs are at the moment.

Clayton Oliver spotted this morning at the Footscray hospital emergency dept.
His "commitment to professionalism" lasted 3 days?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back