Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If pick 7 is part of a haynes trade, even if we are sending a pick like 20 back potentially, its an absolute no brainer.

We could then look to offer 10 + mcadam to melbourne for petty and still take 7 and 14 to the draft + haynes as defensive cover and burgess as cover at both ends of the ground. If we can get pick 7..it potentially opens the door for sanders who could be the high end mid we need this year
It depends on how much of Haynes salary we're taking on board .....we still have to hold enough back to cover Petty's Contract

Haynes & Petty (unlikely)

50% of Haynes Salary - #14 for GWS #7

Haynes instead of Petty
80% of Haynes Salary - #20 for GWS #7

I had a chuckle hearing people say they couldn't trade them as they were going to be reviewed next year. The entire reason the AFL put that requirement on those picks was to make sure north traded them THIS year
In other words, the AFL mislead Clubs and the footy community (insert lied)

I can confirm I'm not the trade preacher
George Costanza Flirt GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Use it or lose it

I thought it was heavily implied and then reported on, that they would definitely trade them this year to avoid that.
You're probably correct ....the AFL should have simply not provided any picks for 2024 & said we'll review next year

There's going to be a lot of angry Clubs after this Draft .....the AFL never get it right, and way too many draft picks have been thrown NORTHS way over recent years

IF I'm a Club now .....I'm targeting NORTH players to trade-in, lever them out

You're probably correct ....the AFL should have simply not provided any picks for 2024 & said we'll review next year

There's going to be a lot of angry Clubs after this Draft .....the AFL never get it right, and way too many draft picks have been thrown NORTHS way over recent years

This..they won't be able to hold them all. Maybe we should have targeted powell from them this year..decent young mid

It's how the AFL rolls. They did the same with Gold Coast, said they would review them, so Gold Coast traded.

North trading them is what the AFL wanted. They just didn't want to mandate it.

2&3 please!

If the reported offer they (Norf) made was true, then no words. What an utterly delusional club they are. Very sad, a once “proud” club who fought above their weight division reduced to nothing more than beggars. All the help by the VFL in the world and they still put their hands out for more.

I hope we hold pick 1 and draft Reid which is what is the likely result at the current point in time.

It will change. Confident North or Melbourne end up offering enough to get 1

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They have essentially been provided an expansion club draft opportunity - after already having a few drafts with top 5 picks. Let’s hope they have a GC result rather than a GWS result

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting .....zero talk of any MELB offer for McAdam .....absolute crickets 🤔
If there is any truth to the rumor about us getting pick 7 for Haynes and salary then we should try everything to keep McAdam as we won’t be getting 7 and Petty. We don’t have THAT much cap room. Keep Shane and trade 10 and 20 to Geelong for 8 and we go with 7, 8 and 14 to the draft. Could easily get us Sanders/McKercher, O’Sullivan and Windsor/Wilson.

I really think McAdam would stay if we offer him a better contract and the alternative is the PSD.

What are you talking about, mate?
The AFL announced happily at the time that they could trade them this year. Truth.
Sorry, I didn't hear that ....all I heard was they'd be reviewed in 2024

I'm not saying you're wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back