Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely should have the capacity. Also missed out on both Redman (I reckon 650-700k type offer) and Day (even bigger $) so reckon losing Doedee (probably 500k ish currenly), Mc Adam (350-400k?), Sloanes salary halving or more, we could we have 2m OR MORE to spend
You don’t think that we increased salaries of players like Soligo and Rachelle when we signed them to big deals after their rookie contracts. What about the other 10 guys we re signed this year?

We certainly have cap room, but it wouldn’t be anything like $2m.

Assuming MELB finish top 4 in 2024....that still makes it pick F32 at best, and that's B4 it blows out with compo picks, academy, and father/son .....not good enough for McAdam
We only want that future second for points anyway - we wouldn't be selecting a player with it. There's also the possibility of getting Sydney's F2, as Melbourne holds that as well after the Grundy trade.

Mcadam straight swap.
Ahem GIF by South Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why people think what we are offering Petty is overs. He is 23 year old premiership player who can play a key position at either end. Also no flight risk come free agency.

Port would be all over him if they hadn't already committed to other players. We will have to outbid them next year.

This term gets thrown around too much for me.

Billy Frampton is a premiership player....

Doesn't all of a sudden make him Wayne Carey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back