Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we’re losing McAdam, Doedee and probably Rahilly

and “gaining” C.Burgess (28) and potentially Lemmens (29)

Jesus… consider my expectations for next year well and truly tempered. If this is a move to get pick 4 all shall be forgiven but I’m certainly not holding my breath

And knowing this club’s insane obsession with “experience” I’m almost expecting them to prioritise these GC cast-offs over promising kids
Surely Rahilly would've been dropped by now if he was going?

How dumb is rahilly for going back to geelong after they kicked him out. He wouldn't look like such a peanut if he was going back to any other vic club.

How dumb is rahilly for going back to geelong after they kicked him out. He wouldn't look like such a peanut if he was going back to any other vic club.
Have I missed something?

Surely he would've told the club by now if he was leaving?

Think he's still contracted for next year.

So we’re losing McAdam, Doedee and probably Rahilly

and “gaining” C.Burgess (28) and potentially Lemmens (29)

Jesus… consider my expectations for next year well and truly tempered. If this is a move to get pick 4 all shall be forgiven but I’m certainly not holding my breath

And knowing this club’s insane obsession with “experience” I’m almost expecting them to prioritise these GC cast-offs over promising kids
Burgess is understandable but Lemmens.......

Going off this and the similar rumours that have come out over the past week… just farken crap if true

Oh .. FFS

Weirdly the ALFCA have guidelines around these movements

Essentially, there is no push back if an assistant wants to leave if he's moving to a senior coaching position

There is also supposed to be dialogue for coaches out of contract in August .. but Rahilly isn't out of contract

Though we do know he missed the list management role at Essendon (to Matt Rosa)

No doubt Chris Scott will be in media in the next couple of days telling the world we're assholes and Rahilly's wife's mother has some undisclosed illness

He's spent his entire life in Geelong almost. Played for Geelong in the TAC Cup, played at Geelong from 98-2005, then coaches there until 2020. Not totally surprising he'd go back I'd they wanted him.

How many Carlton players are going to end up at the Saints...
Liam Stocker

media-giphy-com-f5b-772fc-e-gif.1159133

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's spent his entire life in Geelong almost. Played for Geelong in the TAC Cup, played at Geelong from 98-2005, then coaches there until 2020. Not totally surprising he'd go back I'd they wanted him.
So what you're saying is he's a biatch .. got pushed aside when Grigg was appointed the forward coach and now Grigg gets booted he slithers home when Scott comes over and gives him a reach around?

That's pathetic

So what you're saying is he's a biatch .. got pushed aside when Grigg was appointed the forward coach and now Grigg gets booted he slithers home when Scott comes over and gives him a reach around?

That's pathetic
If our forward line starts to dysfunction under the next guy we get..i am going to be miffed that we let rahilly go without a rea fight

If our forward line starts to dysfunction under the next guy we get..i am going to be miffed that we let rahilly go without a rea fight
Hopefully its ingrained in them so that Rahilly leaving shouldnt have too much impact. Hopefully they don't move VB to the forward line.

Geez..

so glad we won that dead rubber against west coast at the end of the year..

I mean, we’d have pick 6 instead of pick 9 if we didnt..

pick 6 couldve really tempted the dees to actually let Oliver go.. cause picks 5 and 6 with our f1 and dees pick 15 wouldve been very tempting to WC as a swap for pick 1..

Effectively taking $1million dollars out of the dees chocked to the brim salary cap and replacing it with Reid on a much smaller draftees salary..

but it was a good win we had over west coast…
West Coast were basically the worst team in the last 10 years, we were never going to lose that game. Not sure why people get worked up with this point of view. No club in the league would have deliberately lost that game just to improve their draft hand by a couple of picks.

Seems pretty pissweak from rahilly to be honest - former club gave him the flick then he goes grovelling back to them at the first chance.
I mean they didn’t give him the flick, we poached him when he wasn’t yet a line coach

I’m guessing he has family down in Geelong that he want to move back closer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back