Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have a couple of F/Sons incoming, not sure they would jeopardise that to spite us.

Think the angle he's taking is that the SANFL game qualification should be reduced.

Yeah you are right, I agree. And raising the issue of the Nth Academies is obvious as its getting out of control now. GC could be a huge juggernaut if they have many more years like this years crop (plus getting NT priority)

From my limited understanding the 200 games (from 4 to 5 clubs each) equated to the same potential number from VFL clubs. And the scary thing was it actually used to only be 50 VFL games (Jono Browns Dad played only 60 ish games for Fitzroy from memory). Part of the issue though was the 200 included pre-season (used to be 3-4 per year, and state games) and then when it became time to cash in for Gibbs, that little magg0t Rucci informed the AFL HQ re this issue. Even Russell Eberts son didnt actually qualify on the rules FFS as probably the greatest ever SANFL player.

Some Purple salt

Yup. Bartlett hates us and hates that we've read this one perfectly. Pick 19 for a lad with a long-term injury and we've effectively replaced is damn fine.

Haha lol - some concentrated NaCl coming out of the Doedee commentary. I've got no idea about the calculations used for compensation (seems nobody does) but isn't it 'loosely' based off of what the destination club is willing to pay? Not our fault if the Lions rate him that highly!

How long before people link it to the behind the scenes deal done by AFL to placate the club for f***cking up the finals berth for us with the goal umpire decision...should be pick 1 mother-lickers! ;)

They also have a couple of F/Sons incoming, not sure they would jeopardise that to spite us.

Think the angle he's taking is that the SANFL game qualification should be reduced.

The whole SANFL game qualification being reduced was a fight they (and we) should have picked 15 years ago. Can't be many more like big Jim still having kids late in their 40s.

The whole SANFL game qualification being reduced was a fight they (and we) should have picked 15 years ago. Can't be many more like big Jim still having kids late in their 40s.
Jim is trying to rebuild our list singlehandedly. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a North supporter. Wait until McKay gets the same compo!

(I presume that theirs will be ahead of ours - 19 to North and 20 to us.)
As someone else mentioned, he thinks North possibly getting band 1 for McKay is BS too

He's a North supporter. Wait until McKay gets the same compo!

(I presume that theirs will be ahead of ours - 19 to North and 20 to us.)
Yep, will be crickets when his dogshit club gets gifted a top three pick.

Yet he will be fine with an inferior player getting pick 3 compensation

He literally says this in a separate tweet lol

Something along the lines of, 'If Doedee gets pick then McKay has to get pick 3.' Does qualify saying he doesn't like it, but it is thinly veiled.

Did not see this one coming, does this squeeze anyone out at Collingwood?

Freo definitely have an issue with player retention.

I wonder if they'd be interested in McHenry.

Damo:

If
McKay leaves North deserve top compensation as he’s left a Victorian club
Then
Crows should get **** all for Doedee as I hate them and they aren’t Victorian, sucked in for losing a player, it’s your own fault

From Chris Davies. Cant disagree with some of it as the Northern Academies are getting out of hand. Wonder if our 2 FS have anything to do with it also..

14m ago
15:05
PORT Adelaide head of football Chris Davies has called for a review of the AFL's father-son system, suggesting Victorian clubs have an unfair advantage.

Davies told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio the Power "can't believe" a father's games threshold is 200 games in the SANFL compared to 100 for a Victorian club in order for their son to qualify as a father-son.

"The AFL have got some decisions to make with regard to what they want the draft to actually look like, whether it be issues about the northern academies, father-son situation," he said.

"To us, we still can't believe it's 100 games in the VFL and 200 games in the SANFL.

"I think it should (change). The AFL have got some real decisions to make right now.

"This year and the next few are going to be highly compromised." - Owen Leonard
Might be 200 games but it's from 5 SANFL teams not 1 VFL team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back