Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of weeks back he said something was going to happen with Adelaide and 11 and 14. Very cryptic in that it wasn’t specified as players or picks etc

Today we are involved in a flurry of trades that see 11 and 14 change hands - we get 14 and we are trying to complete two trades (mxAdam and hopefully Petty) with the team that got 11

Big coincidence or some very accurate early intel

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd call it pareidolia

What am I missing with petty?
I don’t watch a lot of Melbourne but have hardly ever noticed him.
Pick 10 and Mcadam seems like overs?
Is it just the contracted bit?
Had 2 x 4 goal hauls this year making him Melbournes most likely tall forward

Heir apparent to Stephen May and a natural player in defence including a big season in their premiership year . Takes lots of marks and defends well

He’s a 7-8/10 player not a 9 but fits a need , has versatility and is an SA lad that might want to come home making him more valuable

The right age profile and experience to be in our hit zone as I get a sense we are patient and think our window opens from 2025/26 onwards

We don’t seem to be keen on anyone older than 26/27

You said the deal was done

Your coin flip came up tails

This makes no sense. Melbourne paid much more for 11 than we did 14. We didn’t let them do anything

Stop making things up for attention
Just likes to talk about possible rumours in a way that sounds factual/inside info but never confirms that when asked.

Also wouldn't want us to be giving up a top 10 pick or something close to that for Petty, along with the cap.

Much rather go for Haynes (with a pick coming in), front load his contract as much as possible and go around again to try get a midfielder that will take us up a level.
We need to try get in the earlier part of next years draft where the A grade mids are plentiful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good in theory, but these kids will be only getting to the level where they make a difference (age 22) in 2028.
By then might he too late.
Some of the early mids next year will influence from day dot

I have a feeling that the club is reasonably patient and thinks the window is coming soon but not peaking for a bit yet

We don’t seem to be keen on anyone older than about 26 in trade and are happy to let someone like McAdam go at 28

I’m not saying forget about this year either but if we can’t get a difference making mid this year which seems likely not then we take a good player of another position and also make sure we are ready for next years draft where there’s more top end mids

Petty has the potential to be a top 3 swingman in the comp. This board is underrating him I reckon.

Swingmen have little to no value.

If Petty was genuinely great at either being a forward or defender, he wouldn't be used that way - and there is a point with either role a player needs to commit to it to be great.

I have a feeling that the club is reasonably patient and thinks the window is coming soon but not peaking for a bit yet

We don’t seem to be keen on anyone older than about 26 in trade and are happy to let someone like McAdam go at 28

I’m not saying forget about this year either but if we can’t get a difference making mid this year which seems likely not then we take a good player of another position and also make sure we are ready for next years draft where there’s more top end mids
You might be right.
List would start looking pretty darn nice if we were to bring in Pick 7, Petty, Pick 14 this year (if not better Pick into 8) then Draper + Welsh + free agent next year.
Then following year as well.

I personally think swing men are overrated. Better to have players that are elite or close to in both positions.

Can Petty be an A grade key defender?
Maybe.

He strikes me as someone who will grow into a Chad Cornes type player where he can swing both ends of the ground. Which would be a phenomenal amount of flexibility for us and make us even more dangerous. Just needs a long injury free run.

I would be surprised if we traded any future picks thats for sure.

I personally think swing men are overrated. Better to have players that are elite or close to in both positions.

Can Petty be an A grade key defender?
Maybe.
Bit the same re swing men

Best to settle into a position

Handy to be able to do both but not as important as being very good at one

They can be.. but more for older players..

butts and jones are both recovering from lisfrancs too..
Butts is a more straightforward fifth metatarsal.

Taylor is a Lisfranc.

Bit the same re swing men

Best to settle into a position

Handy to be able to do both but not as important as being very good at one
Interesting though that Nicks values players who can play multiple roles. I don't know if that extends to KPP though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back