Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting though that Nicks values players who can play multiple roles. I don't know if that extends to KPP though?
I don't think it does. KPP need to be on the field 90 percent of the game.
If there's a momentum swing it's handy that one player can move to either end to change things up but it needs to be the plan B, not the one wood.

Had 2 x 4 goal hauls this year making him Melbournes most likely tall forward

Heir apparent to Stephen May and a natural player in defence including a big season in their premiership year . Takes lots of marks and defends well

He’s a 7-8/10 player not a 9 but fits a need , has versatility and is an SA lad that might want to come home making him more valuable

The right age profile and experience to be in our hit zone as I get a sense we are patient and think our window opens from 2025/26 onwards

We don’t seem to be keen on anyone older than 26/27

We are the Leo DiCaprio of the AFL world

Tom Sparrow would be smarter..

Why would we need a second "Lachie Murphy", it's bad enough we have one but sadly he is the better of the two, jesus you and your obsession with honest triers whose disposal is as directed as a 3.30am sleepy piss knows no bounds.

Player Statistics Comparison​
Name​
Team​
Forward​
Position​
Midfield, Forward​
Career Games​
74​
Adelaide Football Club​
Origin​
South Adelaide​
December 4, 1998​
Date of Birth​
May 31, 2000​
24yr 10mth​
Age​
23yr 4mth​
175cm​
Height​
183cm
81kg​
Weight​
85kg
Last Drafted In​
Round 3, Pick #38​
Last Draft Position​
Round 2, Pick #27​
Last Drafted By​
2023​
Stats for Season​
2023​
22​
Games​
8.6​
Kicks​
6.3​
Handballs​
14.9​
Disposals​
3.0​
Marks​
3.0​
Goals​
0.5​
Behinds​
0.3​
3.0​
Tackles​
0​
Hitouts​
0​
Inside 50s​
3.0​
Goal Assists​
0.3​
Frees For​
0.7​
0.7​
Frees Against​
Contested Possessions​
6.0​
8.7​
Uncontested Possessions​
10.0​
Effective Disposals​
67.1%​
Disposal Efficiency %​
69.8%
2.5​
Clangers​
0.1​
Contested Marks​
0.1​
Marks Inside 50​
0.3​
2.2​
Clearances​
0.5​
Rebound 50s​
1.1​
One Percenters​
Bounces​
0​
Time On Ground %​
73.8​
0.1​
Centre Clearances​
Stoppage Clearances​
1.6​
Score Involvements​
4.0​
256.7​
Metres Gained​
3.1​
Turnovers​
1.1​
Intercepts​
Tackles Inside 50​
0.4​

Just imagine poaching a 28 yo medium forward and it ends up costing you a 23 yo swingman. I hope we convince him to come. Doubt he’s getting $7-800k at the Dees any time soon. Has to have his attention. Get it done Reid.
Hopefully he follows in his sisters footsteps

He strikes me as someone who will grow into a Chad Cornes type player where he can swing both ends of the ground. Which would be a phenomenal amount of flexibility for us and make us even more dangerous. Just needs a long injury free run.
Can we compare Petty to a Luko type player? Plays both ends?

He's a midfielder at the Crows, not wasted up forward like he is mostly at the Demons, understandable given he's been behind Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw who would all walk into our midfield.
Doesn't really make him a smarter choice, just more affordable/realistic compared to Oliver.

Wouldnt you have said “10 and 13” though?..

Given you werent actually 100% guaranteed north got 3 for Mckay as compo..

And it was still up in the air as to who the suns were gonna trade 4 to.. which effects 10 (now 11)

Bulldogs have been clear favourite for weeks to get that pick 4 from GC - and I haven’t seen one article that indicated they weren’t in the box seat
North getting band 1 which ended up being pick 3 has been mooted all year

So it makes sense to say 11 and 14 - but still very close intel to get that right. Like in the room when it happens type intel

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was WCE, the price I would set to North is pick 2, 15 and their F1...and that F1 is crucial as it could be a top 5 pick in a midfielder heavy draft next year. WCE can play the longer game in their list rebuild. get Curtin or McKercher this year, grab a project tall with the other pick in this draft and then load up on 2 top end mids next year.

Anything less than that, tell north to flip one..what do you think Shuestar13

2&3 please! 😆

If the reported offer they (Norf) made was true, then no words. What an utterly delusional club they are. Very sad, a once “proud” club who fought above their weight division reduced to nothing more than beggars. All the help by the VFL in the world and they still put their hands out for more.

I hope we hold pick 1 and draft Reid which is what is the likely result at the current point in time.

We are the Leo DiCaprio of the AFL world
That would make the Port Adelaide Football Club the Titanic.

giphy.gif

2&3 please! 😆

If the reported offer they (Norf) made was true, then no words. What an utterly delusional club they are. Very sad, a once “proud” club who fought above their weight division reduced to nothing more than beggars. All the help by the VFL in the world and they still put their hands out for more.

I hope we hold pick 1 and draft Reid which is what is the likely result at the current point in time.
If you reverse the scenario, no way would North accept the offer. Much like how they comfortably refused our offer of three 1sts for JHF in good drafts.

It has to be Picks 2 and 3.

Yeah just read about the GWS potential trade for Haynes. If that comes off we will still end up with 2 good picks if the Petty deal goes through.
If pick 7 is part of a haynes trade, even if we are sending a pick like 20 back potentially, its an absolute no brainer.

We could then look to offer 10 + mcadam to melbourne for petty and still take 7 and 14 to the draft + haynes as defensive cover and burgess as cover at both ends of the ground. If we can get pick 7..it potentially opens the door for sanders who could be the high end mid we need this year

If pick 7 is part of a haynes trade, even if we are sending a pick like 20 back potentially, its an absolute no brainer.

We could then look to offer 10 + mcadam to melbourne for petty and still take 7 and 14 to the draft + haynes as defensive cover and burgess as cover at both ends of the ground. If we can get pick 7..it potentially opens the door for sanders who could be the high end mid we need this year
No way we have cap space to take on both Petty and Haynes given the reported $$$

Did you see how they traded those picks you were getting quite worked up saying they couldn’t? Anything to say?
I had a chuckle hearing people say they couldn't trade them as they were going to be reviewed next year. The entire reason the AFL put that requirement on those picks was to make sure north traded them THIS year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back