Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So our slump was a cunning plan?

Excellent!
Genius even.
Just like the '95 team stinking the joint up for two weeks straight against St Kilda and Sydney, taking a little break before the business end. Except this one went for a couple of months. A Super Slump. With a big piss-up around the bonfire at Ed's place towards the end of it. Clearly there's something in this.

Just like the '95 team stinking the joint up for two weeks straight against St Kilda and Sydney, taking a little break before the business end. Except this one went for a couple of months. A Super Slump. With a big piss-up around the bonfire at Ed's place towards the end of it. Clearly there's something in this.
Book rights?

Collective Mind want in.

Pure insanity at the final siren Friday night.

Blokes crying, random strangers hugging, absolute chaos :heart::tearsofjoy:
I hugged the woman sitting next to me. Actually I think she hugged me. Another guy came up to me from nowhere and shook hands enthusiastically. He said to me “How old are you?” I replied 66. He then said “I’m 68”. And finally I was leaning back in my seat taking it all in and a guy whispered in my ear. “How long have you been following the Blues?” I said 1964. “Centenary year, you’ve seen it all”. I nodded and he patted me on the back. Very special to be talking with total strangers on a special night.

I hugged the woman sitting next to me. Actually I think she hugged me. Another guy came up to me from nowhere and shook hands enthusiastically. He said to me “How old are you?” I replied 66. He then said “I’m 68”. And finally I was leaning back in my seat taking it all in and a guy whispered in my ear. “How long have you been following the Blues?” I said 1964. “Centenary year, you’ve seen it all”. I nodded and he patted me on the back. Very special to be talking with total strangers on a special night.
Bloody awesome
Enjoy the week Blues it’s the best !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the replay -I think that it was the best Cripps kick I50 ever.to set up TDK's first goal. Normal those kicks have no penetration. Huge play when we needed it.

As much as the Dees would be kicking themselves about bad kicking at goal, we missed some amazing opportunities where we had opened them up and just needed to hit targets but turned the ball over. Especially in the 3rd quarter.

Yep, we really should have been well up at 3/4 time.
Was it Newman streaming forward with the 50 metre penalty who just limply passed it to one of their blokes? I had less than deep, nurturing love for him at the time.

Gary Ayers Award (Coaches' Votes)

10 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
8 -
Steven May (MELB)
4 - Jacob Weitering (CARL)
4 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
2 - Nicholas Newman (CARL)
2 -
Jake Lever (MELB)

Back