List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan will be going back to it at the first available opportunity.

If Gunston didn't have that injury we would've played 3 talls all through the season and in first final as well. Our coach is comfortable with 3 tall structure and the game plan built around it.
I understand that was the plan initially, however I feel the structure of our team has evolved for the better since the unfortunate injury to Gunston.

I understand that was the plan initially, however I feel the structure of our team has evolved for the better since the unfortunate injury to Gunston.
I agree, I think we're better with our structure as it is now. I wouldn't be changing it. It's brought Rayner into the game more and we're quicker with our fwd pressure n tackling. Scoring hasn't been a problem with just the 2 talls and O either. In the finals the extra defensive pressure fwd outweighs the need for a 3rd tall fwd.

Next season tho I agree with those saying we should keep Joe out of the ruck as much as possible to save those shoulders n prolong his career. To do that we'd need to play a second ruck or 3rd tall fwd/ruck. Even if we keep running the 2 tall and ruck next year I still think we need to recruit a fwd as cover for Joe or Hippy. That's if Gunston retires and Fullerton moves on or gets released.

I'm not pushing for Chol by any means, are there other options we could look at? Again it's only necessary to even look at that sort of player if Gunston retires.

Could someone like a James Stewart be brought in as a break glass type if he wanted continue his career or is he cooked?

Now for the idiot files of clueless VIC journos:

HAWTHORN

Exactly what the Hawks do this off-season is a little unclear. They’ve been linked to a host of names including Geelong’s Esava Ratugolea, North Melbourne’s Ben McKay, Western Bulldogs’ Kai Lohmann and Fremantle’s Liam Henry. But in the midst of a rebuild — and the club very open with those plans and insisting its priority is the draft — you sense Hawthorn won’t jeopardise its draft hand to any great extent. But could the club’s uptick in form as the season progressed have shifted the goalposts? Hawthorn has also reportedly been among the suitors for Western Bulldogs star Bailey Smith. Though it seems Smith is likely staying put at Whitten Oval, the Hawks should be willing to hand over near whatever it takes to get a player of his quality, still aged only 22, through the door, even Pick 3.

Had me stumped that the Dogs are already looking to move Kai Lohmann on :rolleyes:

I don’t get this argument for Daniher.

He played as a full time second ruck this year and had his best and most consistent year in ages. The team flourished with him playing that role, and if anything he’s been less prone to injury this year. Arguably we’re in our window now precisely because of our improved forward defensive pressure that his role allows. Why would we move him?
I am pretty sure he also played second ruck in his coleman year as well.

Tom Morris on SEN this morning said in his opinion Tom Doedee will end up at the Lions in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Fischer Mcasey completely give up the game? Is there a chance he could be at the lions next year?

Tom Morris on SEN this morning said in his opinion Tom Doedee will end up at the Lions in 2024.
Not the worst thing to happen if it was too. A back 6/7 of Andrews, Payne, Doedee, Starcevich, McKenna, Coleman and Wilmot over the next few years is pretty dam good. Lester for one more year, Darcy Gardiner for a cpl more, and Joyce round out tall depth. I saw the vfl final loss and while Joyce did a lot good, he gave away so many free kicks. Get that out of his game and he'll have a future here. Prior, Ah Chee, Madden round out the sm/med defender depth. Answerth and Carter Michael if they're retained as well.

Doedee would be great for 3 or 4yrs. I know he'll miss the first half at least of his first year but his addition keeps the defensive part of the premiership window open for that time. He'll heal much better in the warm Qld sun, it seems to have done wonders for others.

In fact get him up here now, the sooner he's in our doctors hands the better. Tom Morris is confident.

Not the worst thing to happen if it was too. A back 6/7 of Andrews, Payne, Doedee, Starcevich, McKenna, Coleman and Wilmot over the next few years is pretty dam good. Lester for one more year, Darcy Gardiner for a cpl more, and Joyce round out tall depth. I saw the vfl final loss and while Joyce did a lot good, he gave away so many free kicks. Get that out of his game and he'll have a future here. Prior, Ah Chee, Madden round out the sm/med defender depth. Answerth and Carter Michael if they're retained as well.

Doedee would be great for 3 or 4yrs. I know he'll miss the first half at least of his first year but his addition keeps the defensive part of the premiership window open for that time. He'll heal much better in the warm Qld sun, it seems to have done wonders for others.

In fact get him up here now, the sooner he's in our doctors hands the better. Tom Morris is confident.
No else worried that Doedee isn’t really a tall defender?

Doedee and Starcevich are the same height, so we’d effectively be moving to a two tall set up in defence.

No else worried that Doedee isn’t really a tall defender?

Doedee and Starcevich are the same height, so we’d effectively be moving to a two tall set up in defence.
most teams with proper third talls which doedee would play off as an interceptor are not that tall to begin with and doedee would not be horribly mismatched on - see rohan, georgiades, callum brown, fritsch. teams that play a resting ruck as the third tall might cause issues in some sense, but that set up brings issues that our team seem to exploit quite readily - most notably it makes it significantly easier to transition the ball out of d50

If we go in to a premiership defense with Doedee and Washcroft to come in the back end of the year, that is a nice bit of cavalry coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back