List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy to have Doedee as a Lion! I think he will be a great fit for us and while we won't likely be recruiting anyone else, having Doedee and WAshcroft coming back in for the second half of the year is like having two gun recruit top ups for the run to finals. Very exciting.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

If they hadn't got pick 19, what would the alternative have been? End of second round? If that's the case, they might have matched and asked for our pick 27.

Next band is immediately after their second round pick. So pretty similar to pick 27 (don't know the exact pick, hard to work out with compo impacting things).

Whatever you call Jordan. Someone who has previously been delisted
You call them a "free agent". You're only a delisted free agent if you've been delisted, not if you've been delisted at any time in the past.

Technically is a 'lifetime' free agent due to being delisted previously, not a current delisted free agent. But I agree with you.
Yep. You should lose any right to compensation if someone is considered that low down on your list.
Someone gets delisted, signs with a new club and becomes a star with them (and there's been the occasional example here and there), they don't generate any compensation?

As long as the AFL is giving out compensation that seems way weirder and materially unfair than the reverse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone gets delisted, signs with a new club and becomes a star with them (and there's been the occasional example here and there), they don't generate any compensation?

As long as the AFL is giving out compensation that seems way weirder and materially unfair than the reverse.

It's all about measuring the worth of the player on the list. I don't think it happens that often

If Lyons wanted out in 2021 and we were to receive no compensation, we'd scream bloody murder.

Look it makes the rules too complicated, but I think that is different scenario than a club delisting a player to move them to the rookie list, and that player then leaving that club.

But in any case get rid of FA compo or don't start it until the end of the second round.

Gee whizz. With a compensation pick that high we must be paying him a fair bit, no?

It's a weird year for elevated compensation picks because compensation is calculated based on the current CBA, while the contracts are being signed under the new CBA (and associated salary cap rise).

It's all about measuring the worth of the player on the list. I don't think it happens that often
Lyons, Robbo, Hamling, Membrey, Menegola, Keays would all be examples where the new club would reasonably be upset if the player walked out the door with no compensation at one point or another during their career.

Wow, any chance you can send Jarrod Adelaide's way?

As you can see, some posters are still struggling to get over the grand final

Look it makes the rules too complicated, but I think that is different scenario than a club delisting a player to move them to the rookie list, and that player then leaving that club.

But in any case get rid of FA compo or don't start it until the end of the second round.
This makes a degree of sense if something must be done:
Then make it delisted by the same club they're leaving.
But it's all a bit of a faff about nothing IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back