List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Another one who would fit the profile we're after is Rory Lobb. Had a poor year at Dogs in 2023, was pretty good at Fremantle as a third tall + part time ruck in 2022. He moved to Melbourne wanting to be closer to his partner so there is little reason for him to leave.
Doesn’t seem to have the character traits we usually go for

Re-signed. But if there was ever a geriatric we would spend silly money on for 1-2 years to snatch a flag, it would be him.

If we had the space and he had the desire to top up his pension fund, I’d happily give him $800k for a year.

Sure, he may break down in his first game, but that’s a fair price to gamble as a missing link for a flag.

Imagine if we had a contested marking beast in our forward 30 + his forward ruck work.
Potential Zimmer frame sponsorship. Missed out on well.

Jokes aside.....love Tommy Hawkins....he has always played well against us was a nice thought for 20 seconds that maybe we could poach him. ... absolutely no chance he would have left Geelong......very loyal bloke

They won’t though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We've put three years to him apparently - I thought if a player requests a trade you have to roll over and accept whatever for them, or does that only work if they're "homesick" for those big Victorian contracts? :D

We've put three years to him apparently - I thought if a player requests a trade you have to roll over and accept whatever for them, or does that only work if they're "homesick" for those big Victorian contracts? :D
Recall him making a really nice debut, think may be mid 20s seems a decent contested mark which would be really useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one who would fit the profile we're after is Rory Lobb. Had a poor year at Dogs in 2023, was pretty good at Fremantle as a third tall + part time ruck in 2022. He moved to Melbourne wanting to be closer to his partner so there is little reason for him to leave.

I like where you are coming from, but please no

Brodie McLaughlin delisted from Suns. 51 goals in VFL. Should consider this bloke before the Hawks one.

I can see why we're going for Ryan over McLaughlin though with the extra height and he looked handy against Collingwood at AFL level kicking 3 goals. Ryan also had decent form in the VFL too (named CHF in the VFL team of the year).

I wonder whether 1) if he doesn’t get traded there whether he might have another Vic team interested & 2) if he doesn’t get traded to Vic somewhere, whether he’d come back to Brisbane for the 2nd year or retire perhaps?

Messy....

Relevant sections (Ralph warning):

Hawthorn has only limited interest in brokering a trade for Jack Gunston and is adamant young forward Brandon Ryan is off limits to the Lions or any other club.

The Hawks were surprised to be linked to triple premiership player Gunston when he declared an interest in a return to Waverley, with the Lions keen on a swap for 25-year-old Ryan.

Gunston had spoken to coach Chris Fagan about returning to finish his career at the Hawks after moving on last year amid frustration at the club’s off-field issues as he sought a fresh start.

But Hawthorn is deep in discussions on a deal for Mabior Chol and is keen to continue playing Ryan, who the club only recently locked away for another season.

Only if the club landed Gold Coast’s Chol and Essendon’s Massimo D’Ambrosio would the club consider 31-year-old Gunston.

Ryan has played a trio of AFL games but kicked three goals in his second game against Collingwood and looks a real find after being secured in this year’s mid-season draft.

He had over 60 shots at goal from 15 VFL games playing for the Northern Bullants and then Box Hill in the VFL before his senior elevation.

The rangy 200cm left-footer showed impressive movement and a strong set of hands against eventual premiers Collingwood, and could slot into a forward line alongside Mitch Lewis and Mabior Chol.

Brisbane is assessing its options, and while allowing Gunston to leave would clear $500,000 of cap space it would also rob the Lions of valuable depth.

Gunston might not be in the club’s best 22 next year but key tall Tom Fullarton has been traded to the Demons and the Lions need backup if Joe Daniher or Eric Hipwood go down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back