List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Ryan is our Tom Stewart who debuted in the AFL as a 24 year old.🤞
Bailey Fritsch is another that came from a VFL program, and I think we are a bit better in the recruiting dept than when we brought in players like J Lisle.

With Chris Fagan and Danny Daly flying down to Melbourne yesterday you would think Brandon Ryan has given an indication that he is keen to move... IMO it will get done late.

I'd be rapt if we added Ryan and McLaughlin this off season, key/3rd tall forward depth sorted, probably still need another tall defender as cover for Payne/Andrews.
It is possible they have a couple of other players they want to have a chat with apart from Ryan.

Also a few good players were picked up in the post draft last year.
The Lions of course got McKenna & Brain and when Adams finally decided to retire, we picked up Joyce.

Saints : Caminiti 18 games in 2023 & Stocker 23 games.
Dogs: Oscar Baker 18 games
Blues: Cincotta 19 games
Pies: Markov 23 games
North: Shields 16 games
Crows: Mark Keane 5 games. That being the last 5 games.

I don’t get the excitement about a 26 year old that has barely done a thing at VFL/AFL level and even less so giving up a second round pick for him, irrespective of what year it’s from.

Would rather Schache back and that’s saying something or hell Gunston stays.

So this bloke is going to compliment our thirst for VFL talls with Lane, Smith, Fort etc., I honestly don’t see the need. If Joe or Eric goes down, just go mobile down forward or bring in Fort.

I tend to agree.

I wish Fagan wasn't so one dimensional and actually used a smaller forward line. We have the cattle. If one goes down we can play Rayner permanently up forward. We should be doing that anyway as that is where he is most dangerous.

But he wants to persist with big forward lines and persist with Rayner up the ground because that's what worked for Hawthorn and everyone has a false belief that Rayner is going to turn into a Dusty, Petracca, De Goey etc.

Anyone watched much of Ryan? Sounds promising but would be a pretty early pick to hand over.

I am keen on usB

Brody Mihocek drafted at 25yo

Look there are so many examples of the other way around.

But Ryan did kick 3 in his second game, Fullarton has never looked like doing that and been in the AFL system for years now.

Ryan clearly has upside given how recently he was playing local footy. Seems a canny selection to provide someone who could A) play this year and not be too raw but B) also be someone still playing if Daniher when daniher starts to drop off in 2-3 years

We shouldn't get carried away but from a list profile point of view and flag tilt next year he seems ideal
Although Tom Fullerton’s first couple of games were very good and the way he moved to take his first mark in his first game, I thought we had something.
It’s a shame he got injured in his second game I think from memory, because he was looking pretty good until then.
Hasn’t done a hell of a lot since unfortunately, played his role in the Semi last year after Daniher missed for the birth of his baby.

Anyone watched much of Ryan? Sounds promising but would be a pretty early pick to hand over.

I am keen on usB

But Ryan did kick 3 in his second game, Fullarton has never looked like doing that and been in the AFL system for years now.

Ryan clearly has upside given how recently he was playing local footy. Seems a canny selection to provide someone who could A) play this year and not be too raw but B) also be someone still playing if Daniher when daniher starts to drop off in 2-3 years

We shouldn't get carried away but from a list profile point of view and flag tilt next year he seems ideal
Jono Freeman kicked 4 under lights at the G against Collingwood so I’m not sure citing one game is justification for bringing in this guy.

I am keen on usB

I actually think that Tommy did show something. He had a very good game against the Hawks in Tassie last year and also did a good job against Melbourne in the finals last year when called up at the very last moment when Daniher couldn’t play. Obviously, Melbourne have recognised that as well.

Supposedly St Kilda are willing to pay part of Jack Billings' contract. I think he has something to offer us as a winger or half forward flank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing we are talking about Ryan below his 2023 stats.
AFL from footywire
VFL from this link which i believe is from a BF poster. Good site information for VFL, AFL & AFLW

3 AFL games
After kicking 3 goals v Pies he missed the next game due to illness.
Not sure if he missed R23 also due to illness.
Returned in R24 but was subbed out after 36% TOG. Only 1 disposal being a handball.
15 VFL games including 3 finals.
Solid VFL form (stats wise). Looks like he struggled v Suns in the GF.

1697589959734.png

1697589859413.png

With Chris Fagan and Danny Daly flying down to Melbourne yesterday you would think Brandon Ryan has given an indication that he is keen to move... IMO it will get done late.

I'd be rapt if we added Ryan and McLaughlin this off season, key/3rd tall forward depth sorted, probably still need another tall defender as cover for Payne/Andrews.

Yep, as well at meetings with potential assistant coaches

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1834101

Cal Twomey. Not too bright

How would trading our only key forward depth for next year help free up salary cap space for the following year?

If we aren't paying Gunston for 2024, we can allocate that money to a player we give a contract extension to. Alternatively, we can bank the cap space and roll over up to 5% of the cap to following years. Pretty simple really.

Whether its a good idea to trade out key forward depth is separate to how freeing up 500 grand could be useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back