List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming taking Darling is a condition for pick 1 being on the table?
cash dump and possible future coaching position in Melbourne.
I wouldn't be against it if he can get his body right.
Just hope it doesn't take away from a young player getting their shot

I still hold out hope, that despite Brady bending over for the Tarrant and CCJ deals, he at least showed some metal in the JHF trade.

He is in a different position to the last 2 years though, he was armed with the crown jewels and had the ultimate leverage, where it's us chasing the crown jewels this year.

Between the long contracts to bog average club stalwarts he gives out like candy and rumored dollars being thrown at fringe players, I'm hoping like god he doesn't just give WCE the kings ransom here.

He has form in overpaying when buying. Selling I have more confidence in, but he's buying here....

I can't think of a single instance where this has worked selling the farm for a high pick, maybe Wardlaw vs Ginbey and Hewett from WCE perspective, but this will be an even bigger price.

I seriously can't see a situation between Thursfield, Brady, Clayton etc, where they can all sit in meetings and agree giving up Pick 2 and 3 for 1 is a good idea without some significant other piece being added to the deal.

There has to be much more to the deal involving the future picks and moving back in the draft but maintaining a quantity of picks.

If we do this deal and somehow secure something like Reid, McKercher and Watson - all will be forgiven.

We can't turn 6 or 7 first rounders into just Reid and Watson though with some junk picks around 30.

Last edited:
We don’t. I think best outcome is either Reid and GC pick- could be Watson, Saunders, Caddy or Sully. Doubt mckertcher slips or Dursma and prob only works if Eagles want Curtin

Or we take 2-3 and likely Curtin with Mckertcher maybe look at Dursma.
All you needed was "Curtain" and you had the trifecta.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

If we could exit day 1 of the draft with Reid and McKercher/Sanders we'll be telling the grand kids about this trade period. Legends will be made, statues will be built.

It depends at what cost...

If it's at the cost of the 6 first rounders we currently hold, I dare say there's more chance of articles being written about North's trade period for the next 5-6 years, retrospectively and not in a good way.....

Because we might really, really, really rate Reid above everyone else and may believe we can get a better combination of talented players into the club this way.

Unlike Bigfooty AFL clubs aren't as much into dick swinging shows of strength and actually discuss the shades of grey, rather than seeing black or white.
Dude ... what!!!

Post​

See new posts

Conversation​

Trade Centre
@tradecentreafl

More on North Melbourne, there have been preliminary talks with Jack Darling for a move to Arden St. Understand all three parties are keen to make this happen, and it may form part of the deal to get pick 1. #AFLTrade #AFLTradeRadio
@traderadio

6:53 PM · Oct 2, 2023
·
Views

While l hope it doesnt happen maybe we get pick#1 and Darling for Pick#2 and #3 then we play Comben in the backline..For us to do this we would need to have GC 1st pick by trading #14 and #19 to them...However it would only leave us with #1 and #5...

I'll repeat my annual plea...

817x9q.jpg

I don’t think we would do 2-3 without assurances of having GC pick. Hard to sell to fans that way.
Would also assume we try to keep pick around 19-25 to pick a player. Not based on anything more so we would prefer to use next years end of 1st round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's at the cost of the 6 first rounders we currently hold, I dare say there's more chance of articles being written about North's trade period for the next 5-6 years, retrospectively and not in a good way.....
It'll probably cost a bit of it if we get it done. Some won't like it. They'll get over it.

There are negative articles written about us all the time. I'm sure if we don't trade for Reid and he becomes a star the articles will be about how we missed out on him

It'll probably cost a bit of it if we get it done. Some won't like it. They'll get over it.

If they are going to do it, it's simply because they rate Reid much higher than the chasing pack.... or as Clarko has said the chasing pack has mids in it and he is happy for now with the mids.... either way there will be a premium but won't be 6 picks! Give them some credit!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they are going to do it, it's simply because they rate Reid much higher than the chasing pack.... or as Clarko has said the chasing pack has mids in it and he is happy for now with the mids.... either way there will be a premium but won't be 6 picks! Give them some credit!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's a possibility Clarko see's Hodge 2.0 in Reid.

Given the impact he had on his flags, he's willing to sell the farm for it.

It's a heck of a gamble though with our current draft hand.

I have some doubts on Harley's game style completely transitioning to AFL football. He's going to drive fans crazy with the amount of times he gets caught holding the ball next year.

I still hold out hope, that despite Brady bending over for the Tarrant and CCJ deals, he at least showed some metal in the JHF trade.

He is in a different position to the last 2 years though, he was armed with the crown jewels and had the ultimate leverage, where it's us chasing the crown jewels this year.

Between the long contracts to bog average club stalwarts he gives out like candy and rumored dollars being thrown at fringe players, I'm hoping like god he doesn't just give WCE the kings ransom here.

He has form in overpaying when buying. Selling I have more confidence in, but he's buying here....

I can't think of a single instance where this has worked selling the farm for a high pick, maybe Wardlaw vs Ginbey and Hewett from WCE perspective, but this will be an even bigger price.

I seriously can't see a situation between Thursfield, Brady, Clayton etc, where they can all sit in meetings and agree giving up Pick 2 and 3 for 1 is a good idea without some significant other piece being added to the deal.

There has to be much more to the deal involving the future picks and moving back in the draft but maintaining a quantity of picks.

If we do this deal and somehow secure something like Reid, McKercher and Watson - all will be forgiven.

We can't turn 6 or 7 first rounders into just Reid and Watson though with some junk picks around 30.
Don’t think Brady has anywhere near the power he had previously. Todd and AC have got their hands on the tiller. Feel a whole lot safer now.

Still waiting on a justification as to why it makes sense for the scum to offer marginally less then Band 1?

It makes zero sense for every party.
it makes complete sense from the pov of some media idiot trying to find something to write about for the next few days.

Last edited:

Media right now
disappointed come on GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back