List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay the hell away from Jack Darling .. yuck! Can’t stand that flopper

We didn’t trade JHF for Wardlaw and Sheez. We traded him for Wardlaw and Ports F1.

On paper the trade looked terrible as we were effectively downgrading 2 #1 picks for 2,3 and a late F1. However, we were going to pick Sheezel at #1 regardless.

I don’t think the order of our top 5 picks will matter too much if we were to trade with WCE. We might look like we’re paying overs yet still walk away with Reid + Watson/Sanders/Mckercher. A potential trade might look less than ideal at the time but come draft night both us and the Eagles would be laughing.

Leave the flexing and the need to “win” trades to * and kids on keyboards. The adults can work on trades that work for their clubs.

if that gets done we should fire brady out of a cannon. I could see it being slightly fairer if we kept 15 and West Coast gave their second rounder but the idea that we should bend over like this just so they can get 2 and 3 for 1, ridiculous. That's too much of a bargain for them

Losing draft capital to move up one spot keeps making less and less sense to me. The "once in a generational talent" lure is like paying double for a brand name. There's no guarantee that he even turns out to be the best player in the draft.

Didn't you just say you didn't watch underage footy? So why would it make sense to you as you don't know what you are buying. Just leave it to the experts that have watched these guys for best part of 4 yrs... they do know what they are doing and what's best for our list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think McKercher compliments us more than anyone else in the top 10.

Reid across half back is close, but McKercher's speed and running power is a ridiculous cherry on top to Wardlaw and LDU.

As you said, his constant running power is the other thing. Wardlaw and LDU are not great endurance athletes. McKercher would compliment that really well, as well as mainting the speed around stoppage.

McKercher runs a 960 Yo-Yo, which is higher than Sheezel last year, who was an endurance animal on Olly Hollands level.
I'm still very much in the take McKercher at pick 2 camp. There are a lot of deficiencies with our list, I feel speed is the main one.

Stay the hell away from Jack Darling .. yuck! Can’t stand that flopper

If darling is being thrown around..... makes Liam Ryan an unlikely option then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm still very much in the take McKercher at pick 2 camp. There are a lot of deficiencies with our list, I feel speed is the main one.

I have McKercher on equal footing with Reid personally.

I have Walter #1 on the theoretical NMFC draft board.

He's an easy decision at #2 and imo the sole reason we shouldn't be selling the farm for Reid unless we can get both Reid and McKercher.

If McKercher is at another club next year, we have made an incredibly stupid mistake.

I can live with Reid at WCE, I can't live with McKercher elsewhere next year, especially if we are paying for that reality with draft capital.

AFL Trade 2023: The age threshold set to guarantee North first-round compensation for Ben McKay

Essendon had been unsure its offer for Ben McKay would trigger first-round compensation and force North to give up the free agent without a fight. But there’s no need to worry anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if that gets done we should fire brady out of a cannon. I could see it being slightly fairer if we kept 15 and West Coast gave their second rounder but the idea that we should bend over like this just so they can get 2 and 3 for 1, ridiculous. That's too much of a bargain for them
I don't think Brady would make it to the cannon if he did that deal.

AFL trade news 2023: North Melbourne set for first-round compensation for Ben McKay move to Essendon
www.heraldsun.com.au
Ralphy's big pre-trade period wrap's big pre-trade period wrap
Ben McKay’s December birth date as the baby of his draft class will deliver North Melbourne a huge advantage in securing first-round compensation for the departing free agent.
Essendon on Monday had been uncertain whether their offer for Roos interceptor McKay would be big enough to secure that coveted first-round pick.
The Essendon offer of at least five years is less than $800,000 a season in guaranteed money, with the Dons uncertain about the threshold for first-round compensation.

If the compensation did not reach that first-round marker, the Roos had made public their determination to match the free agency offer and retain McKay.
But this masthead can reveal the age of a departing free agent is a critical element in deciding what compensation their club receives.
As a player born on December 24, 1997 (with twin Harry), McKay fits into the window as a 25-year-old departing free agent by less than two months on the league’s October 31 cut-off.
Essendon’s Ben McKay offer set to trigger first-round compensation. Picture: Steve Bell/Getty Images
Essendon’s Ben McKay offer set to trigger first-round compensation. Picture: Steve Bell/Getty Images
Under the AFL’s formula, a 25-year-old free agent requires a lesser salary to tick off first-round compensation than a 26-year-old or even 27-year-old.
So, as a 25-year-old, a guaranteed contract of $775,000 might be enough to tick off first-round compensation, whereas for a 26-year-old that threshold might have been $800,000 and a 27-year-old $850,000.
St Kilda free agent Jade Gresham, still likely to find his way to Essendon, is 26, so the Dons would have to pay a bigger contract for him for the Saints to secure first-round compensation.

That formula exists to provide greater compensation to the clubs of players who depart at a younger age – a club losing a 25-year-old free agent might miss out on eight years of service, compared to five years for a 28-year-old.
Gresham finished outside the top 10 in St Kilda’s best-and-fairest result on Monday night and is destined to move to Essendon given St Kilda’s determination to get back into the draft.
He will consider his options in coming days after wanting to wait until after the best-and-fairest, won by rebounder Jack Sinclair.
Jade Gresham is still likely to find his way to Essendon. Picture: Michael Klein.
Jade Gresham is still likely to find his way to Essendon. Picture: Michael Klein.
First-round compensation would secure St Kilda pick 13, while end-of-first-round compensation would secure it pick 20.
So, while the Saints would love another first-round pick for Gresham, a pick at 20 would still bolster their draft hand of 12, 32 and 51.
That move could still take place even if the second element of the deal – Dylan Shiel moving to St Kilda for a later pick – falls over.

Sources have clarified that this year’s free agency compensation will be based on lining up contracts with salaries based on 2023 wages before the 15 per cent pay rise for players for 2023 and 2024.
If the compensation was based on contracts for 2024, the Dons might have had to pay McKay an extra 15 per cent to hit the first-round trigger.
St Kilda is in contract talks with Nick Coffield and Hunter Clark, while Jack Billings would seek a new home if a suitor emerged, but has two years on a contract worth as much as $500,000 a season

Only truth in that article is that the McKay twins were actually born on the same day

It’s a tragedy for the modern journalist that people actually say what they think. Rawlings and Clarkson both so if it’s not band 1 for McKay, then we match. WCE list manager says we’re keeping pick 1.

So much fluff when the people who count make it plain what’s going to happen

I have McKercher on equal footing with Reid personally.

I have Walter #1 on the theoretical NMFC draft board.

He's an easy decision at #2 and imo the sole reason we shouldn't be selling the farm for Reid unless we can get both Reid and McKercher.

If McKercher is at another club next year, we have made an incredibly stupid mistake.

I can live with Reid at WCE, I can't live with McKercher elsewhere next year, especially if we are paying for that reality with draft capital.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I have no faith that we are going to nail this draft. The fact that we have neglected developing talls is something that screams alarm bells for me.

Something seems off, and I just don't understand the seeming desperation for pick 1/Reid, over a combination of others. It would be a different scenario if Walter was in the open pool, I'd sell much more for him compared to Reid.

By all means try to improve the draft hand, but don't sell the farm in doing so. We need at a minimum 4-5 picks inside this years top 30.

Imo there really isn't all that much of a gap between McKercher/Sanders and Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back