List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope we hold 2 & 3 and our later 1st rounders, I know it was partly due to injury but our boy Sheez took out the rising star this year and Wardlaw is looking exceptional.

Sheezel/Wardlaw>Ashcroft

Let’s get ourselves another Sheez/Warlord @ 2 and 3 and then the 4 of them can wave at Reid from the premiership podium
Don’t blame Reid; he would probably prefer to stay in Victoria

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Reid - he looks to be a future gun and has a mature head on his shoulders. Just don’t want to see us cough up 2 potential stars in their own right for him.

After our 4 guns wave at him from the podium he can nominate and come over anyway 🤣

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Reid - he looks to be a future gun and has a mature head on his shoulders. Just don’t want to see us cough up 2 potential stars in their own right for him.

After our 4 guns wave at him from the podium he can nominate and come over anyway 🤣
Are you assuming the players we pick at something like 22 and 23 will be future stars? That's less likely.

Are you assuming the players we pick at something like 22 and 23 will be future stars? That's less likely.

I’m assuming on average they’ll be better players with better skills than our current bottom line which needs to improve

The point of the late firsts offer for 1 is it was a response to the demand for 2&3.

It’s widely established no matter what we draft two of the first three live picks.

Just a quick one if we can get gws pick 7 salary dump Haynes for 15 and cats 8 for 17/18
Would eagles swap 1 for 7and 8 and next years 2rd rounder
🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣
GWS don't need to do a salary dump so even if the Eagles would, certainly the GWS wouldn't.

Just on Haynes, I wouldn't mind him at the Roos but he seems like the type you'd like to see as a one club player. Seeing Goldy post yesterday with two of his kids in Essendon tops getting excited about the * almost made me vomit.

IF we want Curtin, you do a deal with Melbourne.

He looks like lasting to that pick at the moment. You don't take him at 2 or 3 and they seemingly want Watson ahead of the Dogs.

I don't think Melbourne have the capital to pay us overs for 3 and then go for 1 without including someone like JVR.

6 and 11 will end up something like 8 and 14. It looks really poor on paper for 3. It's essentially worse than what WCE did for Wardlaw last year. Possibly worse given the drop off after the first 10 players.

My personal preference is to go after 7 or 8, we get O'Sullivan there, which enables us to do whatever we want at 2 & 3.

My number 1 preference is to try and get 2,3,7,8 and go to the draft. There's a slim possibility that you could land both Curtin and O'Sullivan at 7 & 8.

Or alternatively Sanders and O'Sullivan, which I think the club would privately love... Personally I'd be going O'Sullivan and Caddy with those if we selected Duursma. McKercher, Duursma and Sanders would be like a pig in a trough and investing far too much in smalls. I'd do McKercher, Watson and Sanders though.

There's only going to be possibly 2 selections between Curtin and O'Sullivan so recruiters likely don't think there's a massive amount between them either.

Last edited:
Just a quick one if we can get gws pick 7 salary dump Haynes for 15 and cats 8 for 17/18
Would eagles swap 1 for 7and 8 and next years 2rd rounder
🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

It’s been reported Geelong are holding pick 8 to draft night. Will only trade once Sanders is off the table.

Perfect scenario would be to get GWS pick to take Sanders (if available) then trade with the cats.

He hasn't cemented a spot in the Geelong side for 4 years, but would waltz into ours.

Nice theory but it just doesn't work like that. Esava wants to play for Port. Geelong have to deal with Port. If we came in with an offer all it would do is force Port's price up/do Geelong a favour. Nuts to that.
Force Port’s price up?

I’m sold, let’s do it!

A reminder it was 4 years between Cunnington and McDonald our next top 10 pick.

Again, another 4 years between McDonald and LDU.

Prior to Cunners we had Ziebell and Hansen over a 3 years period.

We have the opportunity (if we can land the trades) to draft 4 x top 10 talents in one draft, that previously took us a decade of drafts to amass under Laidley/Scott.

Not factoring in Sheezel/Wardlaw/Phillips and Thomas/LDU about to enter their primes.

Reid isn't worth losing that opportunity.

This side will click eventually and there's going to be a period for 5+ years where we dont have top 10 picks, we need to bank them while we have them. Not burn them.

We absolutely should not take into account fans when making draft selections...but I sat behind the Ajax fan club at the first St. Kilda game and you can see the impact of certain players. It was mixed emotions having to tolerate 20 kids standing up and down and wandering between seats in the middle of quarters but they were hopelessly in love with Sheezel and you can't help but crack a smile.

With Jy and potentially Reid / O'Sullivan I am partial to the idea of building a bit of a base in the state's north. Sets us up for a post-Tasmania annual game against GWS in Albury-Wodonga.

“Fremantle’s 11th-hour bid to nab Hawthorn small forward Tyler Brockman from under cross-town rival West Coast’s noses has fallen short, with the Eagles still set to get their man.

West Coast and Hawthorn are expected to agree to a deal as soon as Friday, with the small forward adamant the Eagles were the best club for his young family…

Henry’s move to St Kilda isn’t likely to go through until next week, with the Saints still having to work through a deal to trade Nick Coffield to the Western Bulldogs, while waiting to see what compensation they get if Jade Gresham signs with Essendon.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf is Cam Luke yapping on about right now
He is sipping from the Dawks board

TLDL: Wants the FA compo to be linked to the club the player is based to, not the offering club

I love the fact that we trolled the druggies from the west by offering 15,17,18.

No doubt they would decline the offer but the best part is that they then begged North for 2 and 3 after claiming a week ago they wouldn't be approaching clubs.

Keeping picks 2 and 3 better than one pick every day of the year.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Any trades expecting to happen today?
Greesham signing as a FA would be about it
Most of them are caught in a holding pattern until someone relents, maybe a couple today but not much until Tues/Wed, we just need to chill for the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back