List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Hawthorn seem to nail their MSD picks where Brady *s all ours.

Not saying RHJ is a bust, but with Brady’s track record the odds aren’t in his favour.

For better or worse this kid was in our VFL team for zero games in the covid era as well. Not sure how much that kept him out but we must have had some look at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think you can really compare a 19 year old RHJ and a 25 year old Ryan. Different phases of development.
Ryan should really be making an impact at his age if he wants to be an AFL player.
And I don't think it's all Brady making the MSD pick. I'm sure Thursfield had some input. Tigers may well have taken RHJ next for all we know.

Don't think you can really compare a 19 year old RHJ and a 25 year old Ryan. Different phases of development.
Ryan should really be making an impact at his age if he wants to be an AFL player.
And I don't think it's all Brady making the MSD pick. I'm sure Thursfield had some input. Tigers may well have taken RHJ next for all we know.
It doesn’t matter if Richmond we’re going to take this is not about Hansen jnr this is about our recruiting department passing over a player that to anyone with a brain knows we need. Looks like anyone who is tall and can fill a void we put a line through them you can’t make this shit up.

It doesn’t matter if Richmond we’re going to take this is not about Hansen jnr this is about our recruiting department passing over a player that to anyone with a brain knows we need. Looks like anyone who is tall and can fill a void we put a line through them you can’t make this s**t up.
Our list is so full of holes, we desperately needed a couple of small forwards as well..

Our list is so full of holes, we desperately needed a couple of small forwards as well..
We will delist at least 3 small forwards this off-season - small forward was & is a definite need.

Anyone who is upset that we didn’t take Ryan should be more upset we didn’t take a second pick because we would’ve been able to take him there. We have Free and Comben who will most likely stay out for the rest of the season. Hindsight is 20/20 and there is still a lot to play out.

Also for perspective - like someone mentioned Ryan is 24, only had his first impactful season this year and got drafted. I’m sure if Edwards was given the time to develop until he was 24 even he would be able to make an impact at AFL level.

Matt Crouch?

I can’t stand the idea of a slow inside mid, but if Cunners hangs them up and Greenwood is delisted it would make a bit of sense.

He is a clearance animal and although he is slow, he covers the ground far better than the two mentioned above.

He’d also be a huge upgrade on someone like Howe.
Howe is pretty versatile and a hard trainer and doesn’t really get inside mid time at AFL level so I think that he is better for the list as of right now than Crouch. How Crouch is playing right now is essentially a slower version of what we want Phillips to be - high clearance numbers and clean with the footy - think Phillips is the path they’ll follow as an inside distributor along with Wardlaw who has many strings to his bow.

The question has been asked many times have we hit rock bottom as a club.

I think discussing who is a better fit for our list out of Matt Crouch and Dan Howe is pretty bloody close.

We will delist at least 3 small forwards this off-season - small forward was & is a definite need.

Anyone who is upset that we didn’t take Ryan should be more upset we didn’t take a second pick because we would’ve been able to take him there. We have Free and Comben who will most likely stay out for the rest of the season. Hindsight is 20/20 and there is still a lot to play out.

Also for perspective - like someone mentioned Ryan is 24, only had his first impactful season this year and got drafted. I’m sure if Edwards was given the time to develop until he was 24 even he would be able to make an impact at AFL level.
Mate if we don’t take some talls soon we are going to be a team of short people Goldie is nearly finished ,McKay is probably gone , Comden is always injured, Edwards doesn’t look like it , Xerri the juries out, Free l haven’t seen much of. Larkey needs some help.

Hawthorn seem to nail their MSD picks where Brady *s all ours.

Not saying RHJ is a bust, but with Brady’s track record the odds aren’t in his favour.
The idiotic thing is the last two msd we have had two available spots but only used the one pick.

A free swing to look at someone for 6 months and we go - we’re fine 😱

It’s not like salary cap is the issue there either…
Time anyone in the recruitment / list management that has been at the club longer than 3 yrs be sacked

So many stuff ups and so many holes still on the list - we haven’t even got potential back ups in so many areas on the field

Mate if we don’t take some talls soon we are going to be a team of short people Goldie is nearly finished ,McKay is probably gone , Comden is always injured, Edwards doesn’t look like it , Xerri the juries out, Free l haven’t seen much of. Larkey needs some help.
Reckon we’ll recruit 3-4 talls this off-season - just need them to be the right ones

The idiotic thing is the last two msd we have had two available spots but only used the one pick.

A free swing to look at someone for 6 months and we go - we’re fine 😱
The player gets to nominate if it’s a 6 month or 18 month contract. I don’t have the stats in front of me, but I doubt too many are nominating only 6 months. Given the fact we have to reduce our playing list down due to our list size being inflated as a result of the AFL assistance package, it would be silly to draft a suspected spud and be stuck with him for 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back