FB: Hardwick Blanck Sicily
HB: Weddle McKay Impey
C: Amon Newcombe B. Smith
HF: Gresham Georgiades Moore
FF: Breust Lewis Duursma
FOLL: Worpel Reeves Day
INT: Nash Srimshaw L. Henry Seamus
Jiath

Dunkley netted the dogs 2x first rounders because he was coming off a bnf winning season, no chance they get the same for Smith
Smith has much higher upside though. There's some Dusty Martin to this situation. 2 years ago when the Dogs made the GF and Smith had a belter of a finals series he'd be just about the most valuable player in the comp on an open market. He has dropped off a lot since then but the upside remains very high if he gets himself right.

We can afford to outbid other clubs on salary and should do it. We have been stockpiling cap space and getting nowhere for years. Pay up.

If he was then keen and it can be done for our F1 and something else that does not involve pick 3, we'd be mad not to get it done. He's a complete point of difference in our already strong young midfield group and is only 23 at the start of the next year.

We'd need to be open to trading a player of value though as dogs might not want just picks and we won't want to part with 3.

So, we also in the hunt for Henry! Can't see how Freo would want anything less than a pick in the 15-19 range.
I would be happy with Gresham as a free hit , McKay also as a free hit . But both smith and Henry is nothing but a pipedream. I'd take smith before Henry if it came down to that.
Would it surprise anyone if the club wanted these players so much that we don't end up with a top 10 pick?? Think about it.

I like Bailey Smith but he's not the type of player you give up big collateral for IMO. Great accumulator but an absolute butcher of the ball, especially for someone predominantly on the outside. Haven't seen him able to hit the scoreboard with much regularity either.

Don't see him as enough of a point of difference to justify the cost.

If we can get Smith for not much more than a future 1st I'd be on board but no way am I trading pick 3 as part of any deal, highest pick we've had in almost 20 years.

Trading 2 firsts should only be in play for a key forward like King.

A midfielder like Smith is a luxury not a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

İ just can't see the draft capital needed to get Smith this off season. We want a top liner in the draft at pick 4 so that won't work for us. Our future first swap with gc to the dogs for Smith won't get it done I'm assuming. Maybe a player of quality to sweeten up the deal and Chad would've been perfect with his late season form and dogs still chasing the premiership dream but that won't cut it. Having said that, if smith does nominate us then you get that deal done. MM, the floor is yours.
Trade our future first
Salary dump from GWS to get a first round pick

Either one get us a pick to get B.Smith, he's not costing more than one good first round pick given the situation.

This would be a great haul.

Smith is a known quantity. He’s had a disappointing trot but I hope we see opportunity here. Think of Worpel and the fine season he’s had. I’d back us to get Baz to his best. We’d all be pretty smug when it happens.
Typical buy low move

People throw the term first rounder out as if they’re all the same. You’d prefer pick 5 (one first rounder) than 17 and 18 (two first rounders). Our future first would get it done.
That's true. Geelong and Collingwood - the other clubs mentioned by Caro - would likely need two first rounders. But our F1 would probably be priced as a top 5-6 pick. Still think it would F1 plus something of good value though.

Don't want to do this to myself. Bailey Smith would be my absolute dream signing.
Unreal player. That final he kicked 4 in was mesmerising.

Has some issues, but has the potential to be one of the 5 best players in the comp, and I KNOW Sam would love to work with him.

Despite Baz's resistance in his draft year, I reckon his preference is to get out of Victoria if anything. He's a Sydney regular and has a penchant for getting his rig out on the Gold Coast.

While I'd certainly take him at the Hawks, I'd be reluctant to give up top currency. Mitchell knows far better than I, though.

Don't want to do this to myself. Bailey Smith would be my absolute dream signing.
Unreal player. That final he kicked 4 in was mesmerising.

Has some issues, but has the potential to be one of the 5 best players in the comp, and I KNOW Sam would love to work with him.
He is not even on the piss with his Bulldog mates apparently. But we have got to keep our pick 3. I understand everything is being considered internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back