Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. Go for Baz but only if we keep pick 3. That is not negotiable
2. Need forwards to help Mitch Lewis. Gresham for free is ok but we need another talk to come good. Kosi against the best defender is no good. Forget Liam Henry we have lots of those running types.

Cover off on these , don’t play Frost again and pieces are coming together .

Were we to get 6 + 12 for it and we were able to spend 6 on Watson would that change your mind?

That would bring more talent onto the list, but we're not getting Smith for pick12.

IMO we start first with what is IMO our priority, and that should be 1 of 2 options:
1. Get Harley Reid if at all possible.
2. Get Duursma if you can't get option 1 done.

After that, do the best with whatever you can.
The dream is to get them both - they are exceptional talents that rarely come along, let alone when you're near the bottom.

I do not like the idea of compromising our priorities to get a small forward (Watson) when Gresham is a free agent, and an outside mid, especially when we have outside running options (+Bailey Mc. in development).

Not a fan of getting Smith. Absolutely butchers the footy. Would want to play as inside mid as well and i don't see a position for him there with Frenchie also needing to get in there. Plus the Dogs would want top dollar for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite Baz's resistance in his draft year, I reckon his preference is to get out of Victoria if anything. He's a Sydney regular and has a penchant for getting his rig out on the Gold Coast.

While I'd certainly take him at the Hawks, I'd be reluctant to give up top currency. Mitchell knows far better than I, though.
Pretty sure he just wants to get out of Bevo

Gresham is a great free hit. Could not be better timing with Chad's injury and the likely departure of Brocky.

Bailey Smith is a 10 year investment. If we can get a trade done for our future first and change, you take it and run. Baz at his best will dominate the league for many years to come.

Pick 3- Zane Duursma

We would have to pony up big time , they want two firsts one being in the top 5 .
Big risk to make it happen I would have thought
Coming off the worst 2 years of his career, plus has off field issues, he has another bad year there next year and the Bulldogs bargaining power will drop even more. Our first next year is more than enough.

I really like watching Smith. Quality player no doubt, but he does come with baggage. Drug strike, fines, bans, mental health issues, leaves of absence. It's not all Cotton On billboards, abs & a greasy mullet. There's other stories too. Buyer beware. I like him ... just saying!

Last edited:
Pretty sure he just wants to get out of Bevo
Per very good authority (as in, primary source), the whole strictly-Bevo discontent from players is overblown. Of course it's there to an extent, but the footballing program as a whole is what needs to be overhauled. Remember, Bevo has a poor relationship with the media as a whole.

My extremely biased towards Hawthorn hypothetical:

Gresham FA.
Bulldogs part with Smith for a future first + swap of future seconds.
Brocky, 47 and swap of future thirds for Henry.
28 to Brisbane for Lohmann.
Draft Duursma with 3, go into deficit for McCabe.

Ins
Gresham (26)
Smith (23)
Henry (22)
Lohmann (20)
Duursma (19)
McCabe (19)

Would still be short an A-grade CHF and CHB but Rome wasn't built in a day and by climbing the ladder we can make ourselves attractive to quality prospects.

I really like watching Smith. Quality player no doubt, but he does come with baggage. Drug strike, fines, bans, mental health issues, leaves of absence. It's not all Cotton On billboards, abs & a greasy mullet. There's other stories too. Buyer beware. I like him ... just saying!
Yes and they are ONLY stories. Do you reckon he has not learnt from the circumstance. He is the bloke that will prepare the most professionally. Just like Sam himself, and appeals to Sam today. As long as it does not cost our third pick this year. We will TRY to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back