Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could get behind an Esava trade but only as a back man.

No to Baz
No to McKay (big spud and injury prone, we already have a KPF forward who is injury prone)

Liam Henry is a jet, if we could get him for Brocky and a few draft pick swaps for points for McCabe we laughing

Amon and Henry on either wing is making me erect

toy story cup GIF
That's Esava too

We don't have a gorrila full back.
Not even a young one still 5 years off.

McKay make sense as a free hit.

We don't have a mature forward ruck.
So I guess Esava makes some sense.

The two are almost interchangeable from FB to F/Ruck.

The only question is are they any good?
Or are they just going to limit our ceiling long term 'If' other better options become available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's Esava too
Agreed but Esava is a back man, was more saying if we picking Mckay as a forward we may have our two main forwards out for a majority of the year

My thought is we may be able to carry a more injury prone player in a separate area of the ground

Not ideal I know but KP players dont grow on tress

Reading this thread after not clicking on it for 12 hours is the biggest dopamine hit.
And we've got so much more to come... !! :D This time of year is so mad. Love the intrigue and speculation but the anticipation ...

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

We don't have a gorrila full back.
Not even a young one still 5 years off.

Was thinking the same, but not sure it actually matters.

When you think of the best key forwards in the league at the moment, and projected stars, it's players like Jeremy Cameron, Max King, Charlie Curnow, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Nick Larkey.

They're all ridiculously good athletes, but aren't in the same mould as Tom Hawkins etc...

Ironically the most powerful key forward under 26 right now is Mitch Lewis.

Think the days of a strong, lumbering full back are over.

This stuff makes me mad. I know quite a few people who went through the Giants Academy, and let me tell you they are not great beacons of development and support. Some people just want to move away from home. Footy players are people first, you'd be insane if you tried to get sooky about an accountant wanting to move from Perth to Melbourne. Oh no, the player that we had in a few development teams doesn't feel like he owes us his entire life! Cry me a river.

This stuff makes me mad. I know quite a few people who went through the Giants Academy, and let me tell you they are not great beacons of development and support. Some people just want to move away from home. Footy players are people first, you'd be insane if you tried to get sooky about an accountant wanting to move from Perth to Melbourne. Oh no, the player that we had in a few development teams doesn't feel like he owes us his entire life! Cry me a river.
I think you're forgetting something...

It's that Peter Bell is a cnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back