Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ at his best will 100% get a game over Scrim. He is perfect for Sam's gameplan. Whether he gets his body and confidence right and gets back to his best is a different story.

If it came down to the three med defenders on our team fighting for one spot I would take Weddle over both tbh.
Here's the thing, they're fighting for different spots, with Sam's view on Scrimshaw's role. If we're targeting blokes like McKay it's threatening his role, where CJ returning to fitness is more in line with Seamus' role.

I don’t care if people post their outlandish views or even pretend they know more than they do, who really cares. the only thing I see that needs to stop so far is the exchange that got personal where 2 posters were calling each other idiot and dickhead. That’s banter for good
mates over a beer not here.
Debate the posts don’t insult the people guys and you will be fine.

Too briefly, he blazed across the the firmament, brightening the heavens.

So brightly, we feared to look.

Now he is gone.

Farewell LilScooper... you were too beautiful for these dark satanic forums..

I refuse to believe that the artist formally known as Little SC00per 1 isn't the love child of RnL and Dom- two people who I think we all agree are truly elite posters.

I'm a fan of anyone who is able to give me a little hope and a little laugh and SC00ps did both

I don’t care if people post their outlandish views or even pretend they know more than they do, who really cares. the only thing I see that needs to stop so far is the exchange that got personal where 2 posters were calling each other idiot and dickhead. That’s banter for good
mates over a beer not here.
Debate the posts don’t insult the people guys and you will be fine.
99+% that was the same idiot/dickhead, from separate accounts.

Here's the thing, they're fighting for different spots, with Sam's view on Scrimshaw's role. If we're targeting blokes like McKay it's threatening his role, where CJ returning to fitness is more in line with Seamus' role.
im not convinced we will persist with this but if we do then yes that's right

im not convinced we will persist with this but if we do then yes that's right
Well the thing is, if we're not gonna persist with it where does he go? Scrim's most effective role is currently occupied by arguably the best defender in the league, he doesn't move enough to compete for CJs role - that's been tried and tested and we've moved on. Sam doesn't strike me as a guy who will return to something he's already written off as tested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, there’s some real miserable people in here! Getting all angry at a guy for posting. Who cares if it’s not accurate and he’s making it up, ignore it if you want but getting upset over it…… Some people need to go have a beer and get laid!
Spot on...and I know just the place ...its in Ginza Tokyo but all the whingers have a full pre-season to get there.

IMG_1437.jpg

Last edited:
Well the thing is, if we're not gonna persist with it where does he go? Scrim's most effective role is currently occupied by arguably the best defender in the league, he doesn't move enough to compete for CJs role - that's been tried and tested and we've moved on. Sam doesn't strike me as a guy who will return to something he's already written off as tested.
box hill but Scrim is way too good to be playing VFL so idk. but regardless of which role he ends up playing there will be a real squeeze for his spot (if we add McKay)

The CJ of the last two years doesn't deserve a spot in our side. He's far too error prone, fumbly, has poor positioning and seemingly has been worked out by opposition sides. Hope he turns it around.
You've gotta be careful saying that around here mate. You'll get downvoted into oblivion.

FWIW it's needless to say I love the bloke hope he can turn it around and have a better season next year. If he were anyone else, i.e. not a fan favourite and part of the core group of young guys I think he'd be trade bait. It's a tricky one.

The CJ of the last two years doesn't deserve a spot in our side. He's far too error prone, fumbly, has poor positioning and seemingly has been worked out by opposition sides. Hope he turns it around.

Last two years is harsh - pre-injury last year he was an absolute weapon and was playing beautifully and brimming with confidence. This year he was disappointing I’ll absolutely grant you.

Hoping it’s a case of getting his body right again and finding that confidence once more.

Lacked continuity this season & was apparently injured, despite playing. Not surprised by 2023.

He's like a Matt Suckling, for mine. Has a badass attacking attribute, but also has a/some pretty glaring defensive deficiency/ies.

Can be a weapon, but requires cover from a robust defensive system.

Lacked continuity this season & was apparently injured, despite playing. Not surprised by 2023.

He's like a Matt Suckling, for mine. Has a badass attacking attribute, but also has a/some pretty glaring defensive deficiency/ies.

Can be a weapon, but requires cover from a robust defensive system.
Spot on. Not a pure defender.

Last two years is harsh - pre-injury last year he was an absolute weapon and was playing beautifully and brimming with confidence. This year he was disappointing I’ll absolutely grant you.

Hoping it’s a case of getting his body right again and finding that confidence once more.
I think some have quickly forgotten how good CJ was tracking the season before his injury run. Yes he has some deficiencies like most players do but I’ll back Sam to utilise his strengths.

Last edited:
Play him as a mid. I remember when drafted he had dreams of being another Bont type. Re-cast him as another Nash and Day and see how he goes. He certainly has the talent, and his kicking and marking skills would be a great point of difference around the ground.

Better yet, let him find his feet as the next Jack Gunston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back