Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The asking price is pick 3, F1, Brocky and DGB.

Would you?

It's probably a bit much. But maybe we could justify the loss of a F1 with the inclusion of McCabe, as we'd still be getting two first round talents in. Also, Brockman is leaving anyway.

If we could snag a first from GWS, which seems extremely unlikely, then it would look even better.

Hello, hope Esava is a good player for you if you get him.
Would you consider trading 3,2024r1 for 4,5 somehow. Some sort of 3 way trade with GC, Melbourne.

That leaves 29 for Esava.

Esava is a potato and I wouldn't want us to trade even our fourth rounder for him.

Future second I’d still be saying yes quickly though.
Is that with or without DGB + Brocky thrown in too? I’d be reluctant to add DGB as well especially if it was against his wishes but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Hawks get
Pick 1

Eagles get
Pick 3
Pick 29 (from Dogs)
DGB
Brockman

Except there’s a good number of posters here who do discuss genuine inside info who’ve backed it up over multiple off seasons. There’s also genuine trade gossip and news that gets discussed along with hypothetical trades. If bored teenage trolls posting stuff that had already been discussed in all caps and emojis is how you get your entertainment though, then again there’s Twitter/X where any number of deadshit trade accounts post regurgitated Bigfooty gossip. Highly recommend it if that’s what you’re into.
Don’t have twitter mate, but sounds like you patrol those as well! Are you as negative on there too?
Again it’s a hypothetical trade thread and if there’s anything on here I think is far fetched or made up I just have a giggle and keep scrolling. It’s not hard!
Anyway don’t wanna argue, have a good one 👍

Hello, hope Esava is a good player for you if you get him.
Would you consider trading 3,2024r1 for 4,5 somehow. Some sort of 3 way trade with GC, Melbourne.

That leaves 29 for Esava.
Serious question…if your mob had pick 29 would you give it up for Esava? That right there is your answer.

I don’t get why people think it’s a steep price let’s break it down.
Picks 3 and f1 for pick 1. So we use a lose a future pick let’s say 5 and gain a jump in draft points worth an early second pick. It’s not that much to get a generational talent. Also next year is mid heavy Harley rounds out our midfield and we bat deep considering it doesn’t include Ward mackenzie MacDonald yet.
Brockman - gone anyway no contract mostly still about potential eagles have PSD threat his value is low we will be lucky to get 38 for him more likely 54. DGB doesn’t want to leave and no real value. I don’t know why he’s being discussed apart from a stupid media article.
The trade I would consider would be 3,f1,29 and brockman for 1,38,54. Take Reid McCabe and a rookie hopefully bring in McKay and Gresham as FA.

I don’t think this is entirely true. I think it’s important how you perceive how ‘the last year hitting draft’ is said. I take it as we won’t be relying on that as the only avenue in which to bring in talent. I don’t think it means to combine a bunch of high end draft picks to bring in 1 kid that is still an unknown commodity.

Reid at this stage could be an absolute bust and for that kind of outlay it could set back our rebuild 2-3 years which would likely then waste the prime years of guys like Sicily and others.

I love to draft Reid but that is a huge a$$ risk.

Of course he could be a bust like any player drafted but every person in Australia has been talking this kid up for 18 months so you take that risk every day.

My old man was at the Trent Croad rally when we were moving him on for Hodge.

These are risks but the reward for this kid is too great to not be in swinging hard for him.

Is that with or without DGB + Brocky thrown in too? I’d be reluctant to add DGB as well especially if it was against his wishes but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Hawks get
Pick 1

Eagles get
Pick 3
Pick 29 (from Dogs)
DGB
Brockman

Other clubs offers will be better than this proposal unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd throw in our F1 for Harley. Next year is full of solid midfielders, but no one who stands out enough to make it inconcievable. We have good midfield depth, but Harley Reid has the potential to be the best player in the league. You only get the chance to draft one of those once in a decade.

F1 + 3 + Brocky.
Don’t think we need to throw DGB in.
Exactly. I don't understand how Denver gets involved in this trade. İt means we have zero value for him. 21 year old KP utility yet to fully develop but has shown glimpses of his potential shouldn't be just thrown in as steak knives for any deal
I am however, ok with losing two top pix for someone of the calibre of Harley+ Brock. You get that deal done everyday of the week.

Of course he could be a bust like any player drafted but every person in Australia has been talking this kid up for 18 months so you take that risk every day.

My old man was at the Trent Croad rally when we were moving him on for Hodge.

These are risks but the reward for this kid is too great to not be in swinging hard for him.

Which option would you prefer?

OPTION 1

WC
get
Pick 3
Hawks F1

Hawks get
Pick 1

With Option 1 we draft Reid (with no 1st rounder in 2024)

OR

OPTION 2

GC
get
Hawks F1

Hawks get
Pick 4

With Option 2 we draft two of Watson, Duursma or McKercher (with no 1st rounder in 2024)

I'd be taking option 2 every day all day.

Last edited:
There are a couple of sides who could put decent packages of picks together to entice West Coast. This will be an expensive bidding war and West Coast need players who are ready to go. If you want Reid you’re going to have to part with some hard assets - DGB and Brockman would almost have to be on the table as well as multiple picks.

I reckon the Dees will be coming hard for him.

Yes but what’s Melbourne’s best offer?
Their starting point is Pick 5 which is absolutely too low for Curtin.
Their own pick will be around Pick 15-18.

Now they could get really silly and throw in a future first too. But again, they are in the Premiership window.

So it would be:
Pick 5 + Pick 16 (this year) + Pick 16 (next year)
vs
Pick 3 + ~Pick 6 (next year) + Brocky.

I think they’re fairly equivalent personally. North could blow both out of the water with 2 & 3 though.

There are a couple of sides who could put decent packages of picks together to entice West Coast. This will be an expensive bidding war and West Coast need players who are ready to go. If you want Reid you’re going to have to part with some hard assets - DGB and Brockman would almost have to be on the table as well as multiple picks.
Spot on. It would get the deal done for mine.

Curtin is a flight risk. North know it. Doubt they pick him.

From all reports, the McKay offer is $650k a year, which is band 2. So North should only get one bite at the top end.

Spot on. It would get the deal done for mine.

Curtin is a flight risk. North know it. Doubt they pick him.

From all reports, the McKay offer is $650k a year, which is band 2. So North should only get one bite at the top end.
Say they only get band 2 compo are you assuming North won't offer pick 2 + F1? We're talking about North here remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back