Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
F1 + 3 + Brocky.
Don’t think we need to throw DGB in.
If we can get a second first rounder inside the top 10, I'm not trading for Reid.

The combination of Duursma and Watson would be far more beneficial than just Reid. Those two would completely change our forward line.

Reid arguably plays his best football, as a half back, as shown by his underage championships. He has the ability to lock down opponents, while simultaneously intercepting everything in sight. A clone of Hodge and Stewart. He is the best player in the draft, but the gap to Watson, Duursma, McKercher and Curtin is exaggerated, largely by Cal Twomey. He is going to be a good player, but his form hasn't warranted the hype. He isn't worth two of these type of players mentioned above personally.

If we can get a second first rounder inside the top 10, I'm not trading for Reid.

The combination of Duursma and Watson would be far more beneficial than just Reid. Those two would completely change our forward line.

Reid arguably plays his best football, as a half back, as shown by his underage championships. He has the ability to lock down opponents, while simultaneously intercepting everything in sight. A clone of Hodge and Stewart. He is the best player in the draft, but the gap to Watson, Duursma, McKercher and Curtin is exaggerated, largely by Cal Twomey. He is going to be a good player, but his form hasn't warranted the hype. He isn't worth two of these type of players mentioned above personally.
First sane post I've read in about 3x pages.

Spot on. It would get the deal done for mine.

Curtin is a flight risk. North know it. Doubt they pick him.

From all reports, the McKay offer is $650k a year, which is band 2. So North should only get one bite at the top end.
They'll get pick 3, lock it in . Pretty sure they wont get access to Sanders though.

They need to be careful setting a precedent. If they give them band 1 for $650k a year, it opens up a massive can of worms moving fwd.
You know the AFL TD. They do what they want and will have a narrative to suit. The most corrupt big business in Australia

They need to be careful setting a precedent. If they give them band 1 for $650k a year, it opens up a massive can of worms moving fwd.
So would access to Sanders . A few clubs already unhappy at this prospect and the AFL know it.

Its more likely they baulk on Sanders but use the herb and spices to give pick 3 on Mckay .
North get their extra pick and most likely trade it up anyway .

Worth noting that North can apply for assistence eg Sanders but if the AFL knock it back they get nothing . Its not like they say here you go though have a 2nd rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct nor can we.

Even if North don’t get band 1 compo I am sure pick 2 plus something else will be on the table which guarantees them curtain.

If they don't get pick 3 in compo then I think we will be able to guarantee Curtin. Hopefully he's told North (and us) he's got no intention of staying in Melbourne. North will take McKercher or Watson.

Prefer Duursma and Watson than just Reid. Rather use our 2nd rounder, future 1st and Brockman to get Gold Coast’s 1st

As good as Reid will be I think Duursma and Watson address two huge needs in our forward line. Lewis, Moore, Duursma, Butler and Watson would be an amazing group to move forwards with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back