Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a bit off topic but I was listening to Andrew Demetriou on SEN on the drive home this afternoon, being interviewed by Kane and someone else, I can't remember who exactly.

It was mentioned about Gil hanging around like a bad smell, and they put a few of Gil's more contentious decisions to AD. To no one's surprise, in AD's view Gil has been absolutely flawless and has never made the wrong call, backed him with everything, even the score reviews. My personal favourite was AD describing Gil's introduction of the pre-finals bye as "genius" - yes, "genius". Was sickening to listen to the amount of back slapping.

Normally I actually quite like Kane, but overtly having to suck up to ex-AFL execs to stay in the good books for your own livelihood as a journalist is a bit of a red flag for the organisation.
Google

“Andrew Demetriou Crown Resorts” and
“Andrew Demetriou Acquire Learning”

…and tell me AD hasn’t covered himself in corporate 💩 since leaving the AFL. Bloke is more toxic than Alan Joyce.

His opinions mean nothing

Last edited:

Considering he oversaw the Rory Lobb two year trade fiasco I’m not surprised tbh. A rare occasion where I’d side with Bell in an argument
Lobb had to be traded to get where he wanted to go, due to being in contract.

The Lobb situation is not comparable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they trade better than us. I understand they have advantages, but they use those advantages to their benefit. I don’t know what the HFC will do if Gresham, Henry, Rats and McKay go elsewhere.
And we have to start looking in the mirror. The HFC is NOT the destination it used to be.

No they trade better than us. I understand they have advantages, but they use those advantages to their benefit. I don’t know what the HFC will do if Gresham, Henry, Rats and McKay go elsewhere.
I’m sure we will move on and hit the draft again.
Not like they are superstars we desperately need.
Good role players that will make us a bit better. Except for Rat. Hopefully he goes to Port

Our long list of targets appears to be at risk of rapidly shrinking to nothing.
This is pretty standard though. All teams would have a long list of targets and only getting 1 or 2, if that, would be common.

Tops, it's still a month before the season ends, can you hold fire on the "Sky is falling" posts? I'd argue we're looking a lot more attractive than we were a year or two ago.

We still managed to convince Amon and Meek to come across last year.

The list of available players is pretty poor by comparison to other years. I'd still argue that Greshem fills our biggest need. If we miss out on all of them, we'll be absolutely fine.

Only going to start getting frustrated if a Ben King type becomes available and we miss out. It almost makes too much sense for him to come to us.

This is pretty standard though. All teams would have a long list of targets and only getting 1 or 2, if that, would be common.

Tops, it's still a month before the season ends, can you hold fire on the "Sky is falling" posts? I'd argue we're looking a lot more attractive than we were a year or two ago.
I am not saying for one moment the sky is falling in, but it is a reality we will need to deal with. We won’t have old superstar salaries to pay this year to help us. Being $3m plus positive with the Cap will allow us to land a big FA but what will it do to the pay scales? There is a lot to consider.
Gresham is very interesting. Henry replaces Brockman and if we don’t pay or play because of the Draft cost, that means Brocky goes without replacement, Bruest one year closer to retirement, an injured Chad, Kosi potentially going to Richmond/North!

No Draft table moves.

I am just saying it will become very difficult List Management wise.

It could be very interesting.

If every List move we make is met by a brick wall for the third year in a row, I am just saying it will not be healthy for List growth in my opinion.

I do, we’ll just keep doing us.

Read my latter Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back