Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Radio Launch tomorrow could we hear something 🤣🤣🤣
team america vomit GIF

I wonder if we see McKay as a fwd not a defender. Wouldn't surprise me. I feel like he would be more valuable to the side up fwd with Lewis given our backline is pretty solid. In the short term anyway. Bottom line he does give the side more flexibility.

The others side of the equation for consideration if Mackay arrives, what happens to the excessive amount of HBF we have? And Frost?

If Frost isn't moved on then he can be a backup.

We have Scrimshaw, Sicily, Weddle, CJ and Impey that can play that HBF role.

CJ and Weddle may be used further afield, or in Weddle’s case may be used in a back pocket too. Impey can play a variety of roles.

Closer to playing finals than your mob. Last time you made the 8 we beat you by 9 goals from memory. But yeah we aren't going great.
History says we will win plenty more before your mob gets back there.

Remind me how many premiership do you have? An when did you win your last 3peat?

I think you will lose players if you don’t move Bevo on soon.

It's refreshing to hear that we've been aggressive in pursuing McKay. The cap space is there to be used, so now it'stime to start cashing in.
Individually McKay might not appear to be worth the price tag, but his value to the overall structure of the team would be immense.

I wonder if we see McKay as a fwd not a defender. Wouldn't surprise me. I feel like he would be more valuable to the side up fwd with Lewis given our backline is pretty solid. In the short term anyway. Bottom line he does give the side more flexibility.
Have you seen B.McKay play up forward ? He makes his brother look like D.Jarman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remind me how many premiership do you have? An when did you win your last 3peat?

I was responding to an Essendon supporter, wasn't talking about Hawthorn who I think will be a major player in the next 3 years. To answer your question, 2 premierships in our history & more than likely no more in my lifetime (especially if Bevo keeps getting re-appointed). Dunkley left because of Bevo & more will follow eg Smith, West and Naughton to name a few.

They will be made to collect Sanders
With what, pick 3? That doesn't make any sense.

Have the afl ever handed fa compo and told a club who they have to select with it?

Or is there chat that they will they be given 11 and told they have to use 3 on Sanders? That makes lots sense. If i were North I'd just say you can keep 11.

The McKay compo has nothing to do with their potential assistance package

This just sounds like wishful thinking.

With what, pick 3? That doesn't make any sense.

Have the afl ever handed fa compo and told a club who they have to select with it?

Or is there chat that they will they be given 11 and told they have to use 3 on Sanders? That makes lots sense. If i were North I'd just say you can keep 11.

The McKay compo has nothing to do with their potential assistance package

This just sounds like wishful thinking.
It’s not

North will be getting 11 as it doesn’t affect non finalists picks of the top talent, they have been told that

It’s pick 3 for McKay, but they get 11 from the AFL if they pick Sanders

Not Wishful

Fact

McKay almost had an All Australian year a few years back. He can play and once de-northed would be the flow on effect of freeing Sicily and co to worry about the intercepts / running off and setting up scoring chains instead of worrying about the talls.

If we can get McKay and get full seasons out of Lewis / Ryan / Blanck then we are a huge chance to play finals in 2024
Let's not over-egg the pudding. McKay was not almost All-australian, there's a whole squad of players who get named as being almost All-australian.

He's a decent player, but he's only had one patch of good from in his career. The positive thing is how little footy he's played, which indicates that he could have a decent amount of improvement left.

I'll happily welcome Ben to the club, but I can't help feeling that handing a massive contract to the brother of a star is Mitch McGovern 2.0

Last edited:
This is not true because motlop got first rounder and his contract was one of the special herbs and spices deals to get Ablett back to Geelong in a feel good story of the year
The Holy Trinity!!1!1!1!

Remember the jerk off before Easter Monday that year was insane, lucky we knocked them off by a point

Delete your post. Clearly he was responding to a non-Hawk

It’s not

North will be getting 11 as it doesn’t affect non finalists picks of the top talent, they have been told that

It’s pick 3 for McKay, but they get 11 from the AFL if they pick Sanders

Not Wishful

Fact
The non finalists and finalists for that matter are affected by Sanders not being in the pool of players available to them..do the AFL think clubs are stupid not to see that.

You need to apologise to Peter Wallis as they came in good faith to recommend us over the *. They were responding to a * supporter who didn't like their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back