Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the club you nominate can fulfill the trade requirements then you go to the club of choice otherwise you go where its best for the club..

No. If we had a player coming to Victoria who nominated us and were struggling to fulfil it and the Shinbeggars sauntered in with their swag of free picks and got the player instead we would all be, rightly, ****ing furious.

Howdy hawkers, I come in peace. Just on the Brockman deal, I suspect that the later picks that WCE have will be reserved for Lance Collard who is part of some academy or other, Naitanui or NG. Its not like WC to walk players to the preseason draft usually, but considering Brockman doesn't appear interested in moving to Freo despite the four year offer (crazy, right?), it seems that the hawks will just need to deal and move on.

It will happen for a future third. We're trying to get more - you would as well if a young, talented player was leaving - but we'll end up settling while you think you've given up too much.

My gut feel of what happens now is:

• WCE retain pick 1
  • NM retain picks 2 and 3
  • We retain pick 4 and trade F1 + F2 for B Smith

Draft as follows:

1) WCE - Reid
2) GCS - Walter
3) NM - McKercher
4) NM - Duursma
5) HAW - Watson
6) WB - Curtin
The Bulldogs want Watson and we want Smith, a pic slide to 4 with our future first going to the dogs, will be what it takes.

Amon was a free agent, he earned his right to choose where he wants to go.
OK Amon was a poor example. My point being, if Duursma or another contracted interstate player nominated us we'd expect it to get done. Not have the rest of Vic scrambling over each other to get the player.

Howdy hawkers, I come in peace. Just on the Brockman deal, I suspect that the later picks that WCE have will be reserved for Lance Collard who is part of some academy or other, Naitanui or NG. Its not like WC to walk players to the preseason draft usually, but considering Brockman doesn't appear interested in moving to Freo despite the four year offer (crazy, right?), it seems that the hawks will just need to deal and move on.

Twomey reported today that he expects Collard to be selected between 15-20. He generally doesn’t miss and you can’t match bids inside the top 40. So you’re probably wasting your time sitting on picks

No. If we had a player coming to Victoria who nominated us and were struggling to fulfil it and the Shinbeggars sauntered in with their swag of free picks and got the player instead we would all be, rightly, ******* furious.
Yeah it works both ways but I would be okay with it.

As it stands the players have to much power when it comes to player movements. What the point of contracts if the player has to agree to a trade?

If a player wants out that badly then why should the club be punished to accept anything less than what they want especially for someone under contract?

Players are quick to sign long term contracts but also want the ability to change to teams of their choice when they want? Isn't hat abit unfair?

Imagine if the club signs a player to a long term deal and then that player has an injury that will have long recovery time and they might not be back to their best - imagine if the clubs had the ability to just terminate the contract...imagine the up roar from the players about contract then.

OK Amon was a poor example. My point being, if Duursma or another contracted interstate player nominated us we'd expect it to get done. Not have the rest of Vic scrambling over each other to get the player.
Yeah if we have the capital to get it done, port shouldn't be forced to accept a 4th or 5th or 6th for him just because he nominated us if he contracted...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright got his targets most of the time, except when the AFL stepped in.

That is just nonsense. He kept missing - Lynch, Shiel, Coniglio. Then he and Clarkson gave away the farm for Wingard because they couldn't land an A grader. Even if we look at Brian Lake. We picked up Lake because the Bulldogs had enough of him and virtually gave him away to us. Seriously.

The biased media narrative being pushed is the Hawks are unreasonable. On the other hand the Cats wont accept pick 24 for Esava and yet the media narrative is so very different.

Here is a comparison between the two players.

Esava RatugoleaNameJacob Koschitzke
Geelong CatsTeamHawthorn Hawks
Forward, RuckPositionForward
75Career Games
48​
Murray BushrangersOriginAlbury
July 24, 1998Date of BirthJuly 11, 2000
25yr 2mthAge23yr 3mth
198cmHeight196cm
108kgWeight96kg
2016 National DraftLast Drafted In2018 National Draft
Round 3, Pick #43Last Draft PositionRound 3, Pick #52
Geelong CatsLast Drafted ByHawthorn Hawks
2023Stats for Season
2023​
16Games
12​
5.8Kicks
4.7​
3.1Handballs
3.9​
8.9Disposals
8.6​
4.4Marks
3.2​
0Goals
0.8​
0Behinds
0.8​
1.4Tackles
2.2​
0.1Hitouts
2.2​
0.6Inside 50s
0.8​
0Goal Assists
0.2​
0.6Frees For
1.2​
0.8Frees Against
0.2​
4Contested Possessions
5​
4.8Uncontested Possessions
3.8​
7.1Effective Disposals
6.7​
79.80%Disposal Efficiency %
77.90%​
2.2Clangers
0.9​
1.4Contested Marks
1.4​
0Marks Inside 50
1.8​
0.1Clearances
0.3​
2.3Rebound 50s
0.2​
6.1One Percenters
1.1​
0Bounces
0​
83.6Time On Ground %
78.8​
0Centre Clearances
0​
0.1Stoppage Clearances
0.3​
1.2Score Involvements
3.6​
119.4Metres Gained
84.9​
1.6Turnovers
1.4​
5.8Intercepts
0.8​
0Tackles Inside 50
0.7​
Thanks for that now I want a F1. 😂

HYPOTHETICAL MEGA TRADE:

Hawthorn OUT: Pick 4, Brockman, DGB, Worpel, Bramble, F-1stHawthorn IN: Pick 1, D'Ambrosio
Geelong OUT: Ratugolea, Pick 8Geelong IN: Worpel, Lycett, Pick 40, Hawks F-1st
Port Adelaide OUT: Lycett, Pick 40, Pick 48Port Adelaide IN: Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher
West Coast OUT: Pick 1, Pick 57West Coast IN: Pick 4, Pick 8, Brockman, DGB
Essendon OUT: D'Ambrosio, Zerk-ThatcherEssendon IN: Bramble, Pick 48, Pick 57

Cats give us Pick 8 in exchange for Worpel & Future 1st, which we move to West Coast along with Pick 4, Brocky & DGB for Pick 1.
North can go to the draft again for messing around with rubbish deals 😂

HYPOTHETICAL MEGA TRADE:

Hawthorn OUT: Pick 4, Brockman, DGB, Worpel, Bramble, F-1stHawthorn IN: Pick 1, D'Ambrosio
Port Adelaide OUT: Lycett, Pick 40, Pick 48Port Adelaide IN: Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher

Cats give us Pick 8 in exchange for Worpel & Future 1st, which we move to West Coast along with Pick 4, Brocky & DGB for Pick 1.
I hope we have plenty of spare Vaseline

HYPOTHETICAL MEGA TRADE:

That is terrible for us

My gut feel of what happens now is:

• WCE retain pick 1
  • NM retain picks 2 and 3
  • We retain pick 4 and trade F1 + F2 for B Smith

Draft as follows:

1) WCE - Reid
2) GCS - Walter
3) NM - McKercher
4) NM - Duursma
5) HAW - Watson
6) WB - Curtin
AFL rules in Relation to future picks state you can't trade both your future 1st & 2nd unless the AFL decides its okay for arbitrary reasons.

That is terrible for us
How?? We have enough midfield bulls, especially if we get Harley in. I don't rate Massimo but he's gonna come here so may as well get the Bombers involved to get Port involved with Zerk Thatcher, and then get Geelong involved with Ratugolea to steal Pick 8. If anything, Cats would be the biggest loser.

Edit - DGB will go to West Coast eventually, so why not pull the trigger now.. And Worpel will be big for Geelong. Win-win-win

Unfortunately the blood thirsty mob have decided they will be stuffing him into a cannon and firing him into the sun.

HYPOTHETICAL MEGA TRADE:

Great effort on the fonts! That's where I'd stop.

The Bulldogs want Watson and we want Smith, a pic slide to ful with our future first going to the dogs, will be what it takes.
Good point. Hopefully NM back themselves with Curtin then Duursma or Colby will slide to us.

Hypothetically if this eventuates and Curtin slides to us at 5(6), do people think we would take Curtin or look for Caddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back