Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HYPOTHETICAL MEGA TRADE:

Hawthorn OUT: Pick 4, Brockman, DGB, Worpel, Bramble, F-1stHawthorn IN: Pick 1, D'Ambrosio
Geelong OUT: Ratugolea, Pick 8Geelong IN: Worpel, Lycett, Pick 40, Hawks F-1st
Port Adelaide OUT: Lycett, Pick 40, Pick 48Port Adelaide IN: Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher
West Coast OUT: Pick 1, Pick 57West Coast IN: Pick 4, Pick 8, Brockman, DGB
Essendon OUT: D'Ambrosio, Zerk-ThatcherEssendon IN: Bramble, Pick 48, Pick 57

Cats give us Pick 8 in exchange for Worpel & Future 1st, which we move to West Coast along with Pick 4, Brocky & DGB for Pick 1.
North can go to the draft again for messing around with rubbish deals 😂

I'm surprised you didn't include Day and Frenchie as Hawthorn OUTS going to *
🤣

I feel as if the Tiges could be in for some pain. Their first rounder trades last year sent them backwards and their first pick this year is 28. You need to get it right.
Couldn't agree more.

Taranto/Hopper are their Mitchell/O'Meara/Wingard. Difference is Dimma bailed when he saw the writing on the wall, whereas Clarko hung on too long.

Question is whether Yze is smart enough to realise they need to rebuild like Sam is doing for us.

I was just pursuing the Tyler Brockman thread and saw that it seems his agent, Colin Young, has some issues currently with Freo.

I do like they're in there punching away, he'll still end up at WCE but I think it will help us with the trade.

HYPOTHETICAL MEGA TRADE:

Hawthorn OUT: Pick 4, Brockman, DGB, Worpel, Bramble, F-1stHawthorn IN: Pick 1, D'Ambrosio
Geelong OUT: Ratugolea, Pick 8Geelong IN: Worpel, Lycett, Pick 40, Hawks F-1st
Port Adelaide OUT: Lycett, Pick 40, Pick 48Port Adelaide IN: Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher
West Coast OUT: Pick 1, Pick 57West Coast IN: Pick 4, Pick 8, Brockman, DGB
Essendon OUT: D'Ambrosio, Zerk-ThatcherEssendon IN: Bramble, Pick 48, Pick 57

Cats give us Pick 8 in exchange for Worpel & Future 1st, which we move to West Coast along with Pick 4, Brocky & DGB for Pick 1.
North can go to the draft again for messing around with rubbish deals 😂
No way Hawks give so much for Pick-1. If we get 8 from Cats for Worpel we just give 4 & 8 and DGB to Eagles for Pick-1 and KEEP F1.
I rather like the Dogs 5 and Smith for Hawks 4 plus F1 deal.

• Pick 4 + F1 --> (WB) Pick 5 + Smith
  • Brockman --> (WCE) 2024 Third Round Selection
  • 2024 Third Round Selection [via WCE] + 2024 Third Round Selection [via Haw] --> (GC) Mabior Chol + 2024 Third Round Selection [via GC]
  • Koschitzke + Pick 32 --> (Richmond) Pick 28 + Pick 49
  • 2024 Second Round Selection --> (St. Kilda) 2024 Second Round Selection + Pick 34 | Gives them the ‘early second’ for Henry
  • Pick 49 --> (Essendon) D'Ambrosio
AFL Phantom Draft
Pick 1 (WCE): Reid
Pick 2 (GC matched bid): Walter
Pick 3 (NM): Duursma
Pick 4 (NM): McKercher
Pick 5 (WB): Watson
Pick 6 (Haw): Daniel Curtin
Pick 18 (Haw): William McCabe | matched with Picks 28, 34 | Pick 34 becomes Pick 49
Pick 40 (Haw): Calsher Dear | matched with Pick 49
Pick 50 (Haw): Best available

Ins

Bailey Smith
Mabior Chol
Massimo D’Ambrosio
Daniel Curtin
William McCabe
Calsher Dear
???
Newcombe (elevated)

Starting 22
B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Curtin Jiath
C: Amon Nash Ward
HF: CMac Chol Moore
F: Breust Lewis Impey
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Mackenzie* Smith Maginness Ramsden
Sub: Scrimshaw
*More likely Worpel starts ahead of Mackenzie but for team balance Mackenzie can play across half-back in a Sheezel role.
I don't mind that.

I will be super happy with that. We get 2 quality guys for one. Smith and may be Curtin and we are set for an excellent year.

I’m not sure maybe a Future 2nd as is Smith worth a pick swap of one place and a top 5 pick next year .

As you can see we will have a excellent year next year but in reality next year will likely be another bottom 5 ladder position as we still have alot of holes.

We should be trying to get more future 1sts from clubs not give our one away.

We should still be hitting the draft hard.

Everyone says we need to hit FA but how many firsts did the 2010 side have before we brought in the older players we need a base we don’t have that base yet.

Wait, so Smith and 5 for 4 and a future 1st?

Do that deal
We almost certainly miss out on Wiz or Duursma with that deal though.

McKercher gettable at 5, but another midfielder who prob won’t get games for quite some time with what’s in front of him. Duursma and Watson are plug and play from day 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players should have to nominate for the draft where clubs actually have to use a pick. They will still get picked up if good enuf but stops some of these shenanigans.
This is a really good point. Perhaps a compensation mechanism could be incorporated whereby wherever the player is selected, the pick used comes back into play and allocated to the team from where the player departed. I acknowledge there may be some issues with this type of proposal.

I was just pursuing the Tyler Brockman thread and saw that it seems his agent, Colin Young, has some issues currently with Freo.

I do like they're in there punching away, he'll still end up at WCE but I think it will help us with the trade.
Young is also Henry's Manager so will have to deal with Freo regardless.

Maybe he’s just always had his sights on the Eagles?

Maybe all he’s ever heard is how good they treat their players?

Maybe he has a connect with Bateman?

Maybe he values just how much the Eagles have always been into him?

It’s his decision. People need to come to terms with it.
I know it is his decision but to ignore the HFC and our mutual best interests is very poor. Particularly after giving a commitment, that is my issue.

We almost certainly miss out on Wiz or Duursma with that deal though.

McKercher gettable at 5, but another midfielder who prob won’t get games for quite some time with what’s in front of him. Duursma and Watson are plug and play from day 1.

1. WC - Reid
2. North - Duursma
3. North - Curtin/Mckercher
4. Dogs - Watson (if they're that keen)
5. Hawks - Whoever North didn't take.

I reckon there's a big chance Curtin is available at our pick in this scenario.

Curtin and Smith into our side for a single pick slide is massive for us going into 2024.
Worry about the missing F1 later on.

I will be super happy with that. We get 2 quality guys for one. Smith and may be Curtin and we are set for an excellent year.
Except it's not 2 for 1 as we wouldn't have our pick 3-8ish pick next year. Smith would be seen as next years 1st rounder. If they desperately want Watson then there is no need to add anymore then a 2nd rounder.

Trust me, we will see Shaggy running around in a West Coast jersey one day. And Bramble will be bursting off the Bombers half back flank.

He's getting forced out of the team mate. As a high pick who's playing for an interstate team, regardless of how s**t WCE are right now, he'd be wanting to go home I bet.
If he wanted to go home then he would’ve asked this trade period. Perfect opportunity for him. Yet he wants to stay

I know it is his decision but to ignore the HFC and our mutual best interests is very poor. Particularly after giving a commitment, that is my issue.
I am sure Colin Young will be making these decisions. Brockman is a young kid relying on his manager to advise him.

Trust me, we will see Shaggy running around in a West Coast jersey one day. And Bramble will be bursting off the Bombers half back flank.

He's getting forced out of the team mate. As a high pick who's playing for an interstate team, regardless of how s**t WCE are right now, he'd be wanting to go home I bet.

You couldn't be more wrong on the last point.

Straight from horses mouth but DGB loves Melbourne and the Hawks. Loves the group and the group loves him. If he leaves it's because we pushed him.

Colin Young and Peter Bell are best mates after the amicable split between Freo and Rory Lobb

My gut feel of what happens now is:

• WCE retain pick 1
  • NM retain picks 2 and 3
  • We retain pick 4 and trade F1 + F2 for B Smith

Draft as follows:

1) WCE - Reid
2) GCS - Walter
3) NM - McKercher
4) NM - Duursma
5) HAW - Watson
6) WB - Curtin
Your gut feel is what I’ve been saying all week. I still think we’ve been instructed by WC to make the bid for pick 1 as competitive as possible and if North end up coughing up a decent outlay then they’ll look after us re Brockman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back