Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm told by a member of the B. Smith family that it is off for this year. The discussions around RFA next year though are full steam ahead.

I was told by a member of the Spargo family that Charlie was requesting a trade to North Melbourne.

Fluid!

Let us have hope for this Wednesday please haha.

My 4 year old daughter has been to a few games now. Her favourite players used to be Mitch Lewis, Will Day and James Sicily and since the Collingwood game it is Sticks.

So for what it is worth, it's a definite no to trading Sticks.

A forward line with some uncanny offensive weapons and the right mix of height, speed, pressure and accuracy, think
DGB, Mitch Lewis, Dylan Moore
Luke Bruest, Sticks, Watson/Duursma/Butler

Rotating in Wingard, Hustlewaite, Jai, O'Sullivan ,Ferg, Reeves and Ramsden with Amon, CJ, Daisy and Weddel threatening from the arc is going to win enough games to give finals a shake.

What's happening with CJs brother? Are we going to pick him up

For 2021, the top-20 picks are a protected zone from NGA players. If a club picks them in that part of the draft, their NGA club has no ability to match a bid on them. But if they are bid beyond the top-20, they can join their NGA club if it chooses to match a bid.

From 2022, clubs will have even less access to NGA players. Next year (2023), they will only be able to match bids for NGA prospects from pick 41 onwards, meaning essentially the first two rounds of the draft are off-limits for NGA players.

We already offered them our best package and it was rejected. We realistically have no ways of improving the offer.

We don’t necessarily have to improve it.

They could have knocked it back in expectation of getting a better offer (2+3).

If that doesn’t materialise, perhaps they reconsider ours. I still think our offer is the best on the table atm.

There is talk that the afl is going to move the FA trigger to 6 years rather than 8. Meaning that he would be a free agent next year. Probably what is meant.
If they haven't announced it yet, they wouldn't bring it in and announce it for the next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish I could pretend to be an ITK given the outcomes on all scenarios are pretty evident (and I could definately make it look like I know what I'm talking about) but I have too much integrity to masquerade that I'm one of the very few people that would actually know and that I'd risk that by posting what I know here (when it's definitely against club rules)...

But for those interested in what will happen:
  • Deals for Chol and Kozi remain on and will get done - these are the current priority and it's just about agreeing to terms for max value. Direct trade with Gold Coast has so far not yielded the desired result so an attempt to get Richmond involved to satisfy the Suns is under way. A fair agreement will inevitably be reached involving the movement of some later picks over the next 48 hours. Future selection likely to be involved and a trade that values Chol slightly higher than Kozi is expected to go through.
  • Massimo will get done also. Will not be walked to the PSD. A token pick/pick swap will get the job done late once the time for posturing for max value has elapsed. Waiting to see what picks are left after the Chol/Kozi trade is currently part of the equation.
  • Bailey Smith is not on for this year - Bulldogs and his management are not sufficiently interested unless a significant change of heart from Bailey himself occurs (unlikely). Groundwork has been laid for another attempt next year when out of contract.
  • We continue to show interest and put forward deals we believe to be reasonable for pick 1. Deals have been listened to but no significant interest yet. Unlikely West Coast agree and we'll be happy to take pick 4 to the draft.
  • Gunston is a wait and see. Ryan will not be traded for him. Deals for Chol (Kozi) and even Massimo are the priority. We're considering a very late pick to get him home for his leadership and forward craft.
  • Some pick swaps deals are still being floated with various clubs. Nothing overly progressed at this stage.
...and of course, all situations are fluid ;)

Anything anyone else wants to know?

I know this won’t be popular, but my best guess is that I think we get pick 1 and it ends up 4, F1 and DGB. Eagles sell it as 3 top 6 picks.

At the end of the day, whether you rate DGB or not, with chol, Gunston coming, he’s a fringe player for us at best next year abs I reckon push comes to shove he says yes, just like Burton did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back