Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, just to provide a somber moment amidst all the trade talk. I know what I’m about to say is not the most relevant and is a controversial topic.

But I think it’s really important we spare a thought for a group of people who are really struggling right now, barely able to function from hour to hour. They have lost all hope at this point.

Please. Spare a thought for all the lads on Trade Radio. They have been trying desperately to keep the trade hype alive despite nothing happening for the first 8 hours of todays session.

The dedication they show in their struggle to discuss the same potential yet mundane trades is truly heroic. The ability to talk about Esava for the fifth time today, yet seem interested in a story they’ve delivered about 20 times in the last week … I just cannot fathom the depths of amnesia they must succumb to in order to keep going.

Please. Spare a thought for Trade Radio.

Mike Myers No GIF

Total gripe of mine when Kool-aid is used here a BigFooty. It's cordial FFS 😂

I think it has a very specific reference, back to the Jonestown massacre.

As a distinct cultural reference, with American origins...
Ill Allow It GIF

True enough. Can you accept that I'm giving you confirmation?

Anyway, there's been discussion about our pick 4 but we are highly unlikely to trade it.
If North does the deal they get Reid meaning Eagles take Curtin and one of Duursma/Watson/McKercher leaving us a choice.
If North don't do the deal, they'll take Curtin & probably McKercher leaving Duursma for us so dropping back to 6 just to get 11 will actually narrow the choice of players we look at.
Oh, sorry for being so self-evident :) I should just said the club has no plans to trade out of pick 4 and left it at that.
I wasn't having a go. There just hasn't been any surprises this year. Media reports on Hawthorn have been accurate and our dealings all appear to be at the margins. The North charity probably cost us any real shot at the big pick 1 move.

I agree that Brockman is probably the pick of the 5 and that Chol is an upgrade on Kosi. Not sure whether that gives rise to an overall improvement or not (presuming the deals all get done), but it's at the margins regardless.
Chol is the big one for mine.

Not so much for his raw ability (although he does have a bit) but more for the structural effect of having a competent forward/ruck.

If Chol can play the role Kossy was playing in the latter part of the year (second key forward / ruck) but do it better we will be much better off.

Ill Allow It GIF

I prefer 'injecting the thymosin' if we're talking questionable substances and cultheads.

T

Try the Merry Pranksters .. Tom Wolfe
True that...but in that sense 'drinking the Kool-Aid" was a positive...all about "opening your mind, maaaan!"

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" as a metaphor for being blindly deceived comes from Jonestown...

Last edited:
True that...but in that sense 'drinking the Kool-Aid" was a positive...open your mind, maaaan

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" as a metaphor for being blindly deceived comes from Jonestown...
There is a great doco on Jonestown with footage of when the US senator and concerned relo's fly in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph now saying a future 2nd isn't enough for Soldo, but laughing at our valuations.

Get the #uck outta here
Is anyone a bigger shill for a club than Ralph is for the Tigers? Just embarrassing every time

Ill Allow It GIF

Although apparently they drank the British equivalent, Flavour-Aid. Whether that's because they were in Guyana (a former British colony), well, who knows.

But it's certainly more interesting than news from today's trade period! :)

I wish I could pretend to be an ITK given the outcomes on all scenarios are pretty evident (and I could definately make it look like I know what I'm talking about) but I have too much integrity to masquerade that I'm one of the very few people that would actually know and that I'd risk that by posting what I know here (when it's definitely against club rules)...

But for those interested in what will happen:
  • Deals for Chol and Kozi remain on and will get done - these are the current priority and it's just about agreeing to terms for max value. Direct trade with Gold Coast has so far not yielded the desired result so an attempt to get Richmond involved to satisfy the Suns is under way. A fair agreement will inevitably be reached involving the movement of some later picks over the next 48 hours. Future selection likely to be involved and a trade that values Chol slightly higher than Kozi is expected to go through.
  • Massimo will get done also. Will not be walked to the PSD. A token pick/pick swap will get the job done late once the time for posturing for max value has elapsed. Waiting to see what picks are left after the Chol/Kozi trade is currently part of the equation.
  • Bailey Smith is not on for this year - Bulldogs and his management are not sufficiently interested unless a significant change of heart from Bailey himself occurs (unlikely). Groundwork has been laid for another attempt next year when out of contract.
  • We continue to show interest and put forward deals we believe to be reasonable for pick 1. Deals have been listened to but no significant interest yet. Unlikely West Coast agree and we'll be happy to take pick 4 to the draft.
  • Gunston is a wait and see. Ryan will not be traded for him. Deals for Chol (Kozi) and even Massimo are the priority. We're considering a very late pick to get him home for his leadership and forward craft.
  • Some pick swaps deals are still being floated with various clubs. Nothing overly progressed at this stage.
...and of course, all situations are fluid ;)

Anything anyone else wants to know?
CJs brother, I want him

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ahh so you spent all that effort just to s**t on a few posters. Awesome work.

Hey? No, not at all.

The point of my post was to primarily inform the thread on what we should expect the outcomes of the
trade period should be on all of the relevant trades being discussed in here (i.e. the purpose of this thread).

I assume that's what people are interested in and my post was to give my view in answering some of the posts I saw that was saying things like "are we still doing this trade", "will we give Brandon Ryan or a second rounder"', "are we walking Massimo to the PSD".

I think the likelihoods on these are relatively self evident and was sharing my expectation, whilst making sure everyone knew I don't have "inside intel".

The premable was only secondary and this was to pre-empt the inevitable question - "are you guessing or do you know" (and in so doing, highlight my own temptation to get the credit of an "ITK" given the likelihoods are very evident).

With your follow up, I was also then highlighting that we don't need to be inside the club to have a sense of the answers to these questions.

I apologise if my post was interpreted as somehow having a go at other posters as it wasn't the point at all.

Although apparently they drank the British equivalent, Flavour-Aid. Whether that's because they were in Guyana (a former British colony), well, who knows.

But it's certainly more interesting than news from today's trade period! :)
Believe it or not "It's not Kool-Aid, it's Flavour-Aid!" is a recurring trope in one of my group chats...regarding US cultural hegemony and appropriation*

*Yes, I associate with some sad individuals

Hey? No, not at all.

The point of my post was to primarily inform the thread on what we should expect the outcomes of the
trade period should be on all of the relevant trades being discussed in here (i.e. the purpose of this thread).

I assume that's what people are interested in and my post was to give my view in answering some of the posts I saw that was saying things like "are we still doing this trade", "will we give Brandon Ryan or a second rounder"', "are we walking Massimo to the PSD".

I think the likelihoods on these are relatively self evident and was sharing my expectation, whilst making sure everyone knew I don't have "inside intel".

The premable was only secondary and this was to pre-empt the inevitable question - "are you guessing or do you know" (and in so doing, highlight my own temptation to get the credit of an "ITK" given the likelihoods are very evident).

With your follow up, I was also then highlighting that we don't need to be inside the club to have a sense of the answers to these questions.

I apologise if my post was interpreted as somehow having a go at other posters as it wasn't the point at all.

Fair call - apologies if I misread. I’m beyond the point of exhaustion so me getting it wrong is magnified more than usual.

Last edited:
Hey? No, not at all.

That’s how I took your post and tbh I’m staggered others didn’t see it also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back