Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayner at the moment gives me Jake Stringer vibes....except he'd obviously have to be a better bloke than The Package.

Has a decent half game here or there, then goes missing for the next 3 1/2 games.

Rinse, repeat.
I think they'd both be offended by the comparison tbh. Rayner because Stringer is a shit bloke, and Stringer because he's actually played at an elite level. Takes a very good player to have a 56 goal season and Rayner hasn't even made it halfway there.

Lol no they wouldn't. You know that being hyper conscious of bias is bias in itself? Rayner is a worse player pretty much across the board, he's just in a better team.
They would and I think you know it.

We are off our heads trading out a young Ryan for a cooked Gunners no matter how much we like the feel good story.

Gunners made a choice. We must hold our nerve here.
Agree. Gunston was a fantastic player for us but he looked cooked this year and he made that choice to leave. Only bring him back for peanuts.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Let's take Worpel out of the equation. Moore and Rayner are a better comparison due to spending more time up forward.

What does Rayner do better than Moore? More burst and agility...?
He's less consistent.
Averages less footy. Averages less in most metrics actually.
Less leadership credentials.
Less workrate.

Call it a bias all you want, but on exposed form I'd expect plenty of opposition clubs to pick Dylan if they had the choice.
Yeah I guess we all see it differently. Comparison by stat's, yeah Rayner loses. Yep, he has more strength, power, explosiveness, agility and general x factor. Dylan gets by on shear work rate and endeavour, but in the right system, and with just a couple of tweeks to his game, Rayner can be great.

I guess I don't just look at current output, but what his ceiling looks like. He's only 23 and I firmly believe he's capable of elevating himself to one of the most damaging and impactful small fwds/midfielders in the game.

For some reason people with very rational minds seem to become so very irrational during trade week. It's baffling

I’ve said it before and I’ll say I it again - not making finals since 2018 has really broken some brains.

Everyone who thought deals should have been finalised super early should have realised that it would never be the case considering Dodo and Essendon are so heavily involved. BZT, D'Ambrosio and to some extent Duursma should be some of the easiest deals to get done, but Dodo going out guns blazing means that they're now three of the most important deals in the trade period - especially with Port and us having plenty of other things we need to get done.

I can't think of a single person who will leave the league in a better place by ******* off into the sunset.

He genuinely comes across as a bloke who’d have zero friends. That interview he did last week with Twomey was just bizarre. I get the feeling he’s a very bitter and twisted little man and this is his way of unleashing it on the world.

They would and I think you know it.
Nah, if Rayner hasn't even come close to hitting his potential in 6 years in the league then I doubt clubs would still be that caught up in it. At this stage it looks like his potential is 14 disposals and maybe a goal-ish a game, if he's not doing better than that at a club with arguably the best attacking brand of football and some of the best F50 ball movement I shudder to think what his output would be at Hawthorn.

If Raynor didn't have pick 1 attached to his name, this wouldn't even be a conversation. Moore has shown far more.
Moore was AA-squad level, if not actual AA level, in 2022 and wouldn't have been that far off 21 and 23. Rayner hasn't come close to that level of consistent play in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Gunston worth Pick 54 or 63 at this point given he didn't play much this year?
I wouldn't give more than 54. And Ryan, although he hasn't been that great, we still need some key depth in our team so we should keep him.

Ryan definitely will not be traded. Stop fretting.
Give me more KeeperLeaguer
dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

The club rates Ryan quite highly and is looking forward to seeing how much progress he can make with a full pre-season behind him.
Since Bris doesn't have a 1st rounder to entice us (i doubt it would anyway) there's pretty much zero chance he's going.

The Kosi/Chol deal is being held up but it will get done. Massimo may get done late. No idea about Gunner as I'm not on that table.
McCabe will be matched wherever he's bid on. Our focus is Dear atm, I think this is what's holding the Kosi/Chol deal up - the picks involved versus what we think we'll need.

We have a couple of plans for draft night which I'm not going to talk about yet but we're far from being idle.

The club rates Ryan quite highly and is looking forward to seeing how much progress he can make with a full pre-season behind him.
Since Bris doesn't have a 1st rounder to entice us (i doubt it would anyway) there's pretty much zero chance he's going.

The Kosi/Chol deal is being held up but it will get done. Massimo may get done late. No idea about Gunner as I'm not on that table.
McCabe will be matched wherever he's bid on. Our focus is Dear atm, I think this is what's holding the Kosi/Chol deal up - the picks involved versus what we think we'll need.

We have a couple of plans for draft night which I'm not going to talk about yet but we're far from being idle.

KL is there any talk about taking Massimo in the PSD?

A

Any word on Smith?

I know that they must be picks involved to help in other ways, but I’m not interested in losing Ryan for Gunston.
Agreed - Gunston for pick 54 is about all I’d entertain.

I still think, if fit, he’s going make our forward-line better, but only for a season or two at most.

No need to put Ryan in the mix at all.

What's happening with CJs brother? Are we going to pick him up

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back