Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me what makes him better?

He has had 1 AFL standard season and is 3 years older than Kozi

His stats are almost identical to Kozi

His work rate and effort is often questioned and ha been at 2 separate clubs

So tell me what makes him a clearly better player?

Clearly Hawks list management do, offered Kosi a stop gap 1 year minimal contract. Offered Chlo a 3[+1] year bigger contract
A lot of the BF hawks wanted Kosi delisted.

Clearly Hawks list management do, offered Kosi a stop gap 1 year minimal contract. Offered Chlo a 3[+1] year bigger contract
Richmond are also offering Kosi 3 years.

Very comfortable walking away from Massimo and Chol if a good deal cannot be agreed. We should not be overpaying for average players.
they simply wont do that unless it is ridiculous asking prices which industry wide they think the Chol price is about right due to the contract that was offered. If Hawthorn cant spin it that it is on the other team they wont walk as they dont want to sour relationships with player agents that have had their player publicly name Hawthorn as their team of choice.

What does that matter? Player value is subjective. We clearly value the ruck half of the ruck/forward, Richmond value the forward half. As someone else said on this thread, just because you've got a new car it doesn't mean you won't try to get maximum value for the old one you don't need anymore.

He had an existing contract of 2 years we have added another two to entice to come over. with a 3rd year performance based

What does that matter? Player value is subjective. We clearly value the ruck half of the ruck/forward, Richmond value the forward half. As someone else said on this thread, just because you've got a new car it doesn't mean you won't try to get maximum value for the old one you don't need anymore.

Of course, I was just responding to the other post, my view and clearly hawks list management view Chlo > Kosi.
All for getting best value, if best offer from Tigers is 60+ for Kosi then no deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contract length does not necessarily mean anything in these cases. We were right to offer Kosi 1 year. The only way for Richmond to get him him was to offer 3 years. Similarly for Chol. Richmond have a need for a KPP. So they look for one. Once that was out there, our need became greater. So we offer Chol what he would be looking for. Doesn't change the asking price or the buying price. That is driven by market and circumstance.

Sounds simple doesn't it? By why in the hell should we pay the same for Chol? GC want to get rid of him. Would want a couple of extra bid matching picks thrown in.

Should work out that if gc pays his remaining contract we pay more. If we take his contract, we pay less (ie. Grundy, Melbourne, sydney)

I think the view of Hawks List Managemnt is very relevant to who is the better player.
So can you offer up anything on the two players or not?

Gold Coast are pushing him out what does that say about where he is rated?

Kozi is offering 3 years what does that say about him?

I'm somewhat surprised that we haven't made a play for Billings.

Would cost next to nothing from a trade perspective, and with Wingard out for most the year, Brockman now gone and some genuine question marks over the likes of Butler, I think he would be a good fit as a small forward/half forward depth option.

I actually think he would make sense as a Hawk. One of the things the team struggled the most with this year was connecting with the half forward line in transition. Statistically, Billings is a heavily uncontested player who generates a lot of uncontested marks for a half forward, generates scores/assists at a decent clip and mostly takes care of the ball.

I think he could play a role working hard to make himself available for kicks from half back and the wing in transition, not too different from how Chad is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back