Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have absolutely nothing of value to add for my first post in this thread other than contributing to the 1000 page target.

I never thought I was one for gossip, rumours, or a bit of ‘he said, she said’, but my intent following of this thread over the last few weeks says otheriwse.

Thank you all for the entertainment and updates in the lead up to D-Day. 😌

The club need to appoint a experienced head to do the trade/FA side and Sleepy can do the drafting side.
I think you are 100% wrong.

I wouldn't call him Sleep Mark because he doesn't adhere to the media froth and bubble, he is not a DH, club first.

He has done very well so far, is Amon and Meek not good trading first year in? he already has an experienced team that he works with, do you want an experienced head like Dodo? the perennial media portrayed 'Trade Winner'?

Yeah, nah. There’s stalled trades all over the shop - no pressure cooker here. MM has already gotten what we needed for Brockman and seemingly hasn’t blinked with idiot demands like pick 60ish for Kosi and a future second for Massimo. MM is getting it done much like he mostly has since taking the reigns. Deserves a lot more credit around here (even if most of the ‘sleepy’ stuff is just for the lulz).

The Brockman trade was fair. Massimo is hardly worth mentioning. I wouldn't say MM has done a good or a bad job at this stage. A few offers have been on the table and we have failed to seal the deal ( probably a good thing in Mckay scenario) plenty off cap space available. I would like to improve our draft hand if we can't secure any class talent. Let's wait and see maybe their is a smoking gun.

Last edited:
  • First trade Ryan for Gunston + Bris F2
  • Then move 44 + F3 for Ginnivan + Coll F3
  • Then Coll F3 + 63 for Chol + GCS F4
  • Kosi for Ric 41 (via Port Soldo trade) + Ric 65
  • Bris F2 + GCS F4 for Ess 35 + D'Ambrosio

IN: Gunston, Ginnivan, Chol, D'Ambrosio, Ess 35, Ric 41, Ric 65
OUT: Ryan, Kosi, 44, 63, F3

Leaves us with: 4, 33, 35, 41, 54, 65

Much stronger draft hand, losing only a F3 for next years draft (much better than giving up our F2), and getting in all the players we're after
Use the F2 as a chip like I've said here. We can get all our trades done and have a better draft hand.

I think you are 100% wrong.

I wouldn't call him Sleep Mark because he doesn't adhere to the media froth and bubble, he is not a DH, club first.

He has done very well so far, is Amon and Meek not good trading first year in? he already has an experienced team that he works with, do you want an experienced head like Dodo? the perennial media portrayed 'Trade Winner'?
The decisions of list managers can only be appreciated in hindsight. So far, some of our more 'maligned' decisions in recent years (drafting Day ahead of Kemp, Connor Macdonald ahead of Tyler Sonsie) look to be absolute winners. Not to mention the gold we've struck with some mid-season draft picks. When this era of hawthorn is over, I have the feeling that the names of Ben McKay and Esava Ratugolea will be long forgotten.
A F2 sounds great in theory for Ryan but after draft compromises, that’s nearly pick 40. No thank you.
I agree, Brandon Ryan a far important cog than a second round pick we'll get in next year. Absolutely no way we will do that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already offered as much with Brockman + Pick 1 & future 1st which was rejected, so clearly the club views it as a good plan.

Maybe the addition of an extra 1st will tempt the eagles to accept.
We can only hope not

I get why we would want to keep Ryan, shows promise in an area of need but if we do trade him for something like a F2nd it's as close to printing draft picks as you can get.

And would make us officially the kings of the Mid Season draft, if we weren't already.

Happening as a DFA. But no trade will be brokered.
My guess on Dodo’s plan, if it can be called that, is to ensure that Massi becomes a DFA so that the Hawk’s future bargaining position, after Massi is out of contact, is reduced. He is doing this at the expense of the Dons getting a draft asset. The guy would cut off his own nose to spite his face.
IMG_3016.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't get why we've left 6 *ing trades to be done in a day. Not easy and puts a lot of pressure on each deal.
One has already fallen over (D'Ambrosio), so we've actually got 5 to do.
A lot to play out if they all go down to the wire.

I agree. Risky business and clubs do hold out to the last minute as a tactic to get the deal they want due to time pressure. That is why so many deals get done on the last day. We could finish up paying overs and getting unders because we have so much on the table. One of the problems for the club is that we have been chasing so many deals. Would like a more narrow and targeted approach in the future.

My guess on Dodo’s plan, if it can be called that, is to ensure that Massi becomes a DFA so that the Hawk’s future bargaining position, after Massi is out of contact, is reduced. He is doing this at the expense of the Dons getting draft asset. The guy would cut off his own nose to spite his face.
View attachment 1833749
You're giving him far too much credit by considering him being capable of such Machiavellian craftiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back