Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nah. There’s stalled trades all over the shop - no pressure cooker here. MM has already gotten what we needed for Brockman and seemingly hasn’t blinked with idiot demands like pick 60ish for Kosi and a future second for Massimo. MM is getting it done much like he mostly has since taking the reigns. Deserves a lot more credit around here (even if most of the ‘sleepy’ stuff is just for the lulz).
This ⬆️
Rule No. 11. Understand the Power of Silence in a Negotiation (quoted from NewDawn Partners: experts in, B2B Sales and Procurement)
One of the most critical times for you to deploy silence is immediately after you have made an offer or presented your position. Often negotiators feel uncomfortable, for example, with their opening price position. Consequently, they continue to explain why this price is so high, begin to apologise, and then begin to negotiate themselves downward! The correct answer is to present your position confidently and then smile, stop talking (or ‘zip it’ as we like to say) and maybe go take a nap.

Last edited:
Ryan showed some promise in his opportunities after being drafted, but so did DGB as a debutant who got the freedom to come in and just play on instinct. It’s a whole different ball game once they’re expected to play a full season and adhere to game plans.

I have no idea if Ryan makes it as a player. Just looking at the facts though, he’ll be 26 next month. He’ll probably need at least 2 pre-seasons to put the mass on and build his tank to become a consistently effective player - if he even can do that. In that time does he prove to be a better option for the ruck/fwd role than Ramma or Chol. Or even Tucker.

There’s a lot more unknowns than knowns with him. Which is why he went second round in the MSD in the first place.

The fact the club was only prepared to offer one year extension suggests there’s some doubt. If Brisbane are prepared to give us their F2 + Gunston then I think that’s worth considering. Personally I’d prefer we send something else back and try and make it their F1.

There's been a lot of chatter that the trade of Smith for a 1 pick upgrade to the Dogs was floated and has come to nothing. Having said that a lot can change on the last day of trading.

If they do the Ryan deal you back they are doing it for strategic reasons. It helps having extra second as that allows us to trade our first and second out according to the rules. Also our second much more appealing than lions in a trade for pick 1 or a big name next year. If he goes well done for coming from nowhere to get into the AFL and a 3 year deal at a premiership contender and good business by us for the last pick in the MSD. Win win win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, re D'Ambrosio, if Dodo changes his offer to a senior list spot, he'll be forced to the PSD where the Kangas will 100% take him.

Let's see what transpires.

I know we're in a world of Zooper goals and manufactured drama, where anything goes... but surely someone at AFL house would have to say "you're taking the p155 bombers, that's not a genuine offer".

Getting some real F1 Drive to Survive vibes from this off season.

Let's clarify this situation. The Gold Coast Suns, who traded away pick 7 to the reigning champions to dispose of another first-round pick, are now seeking a second-round pick for a player currently not part of their starting lineup. This player is also facing disapproval from their incoming coach. As an additional twist, they are set to acquire four more top 20 players, including a highly talented forward through their academy, at no cost.

Last edited:
I know we're in a world of Zooper goals and manufactured drama, where anything goes... but surely someone at AFL house would have to say "you're taking the p155 bombers, that's not a genuine offer".

Getting some real F1 Drive to Survive vibes from this off season.
I feel if the AFL didn’t stop such an act, the players association would step in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back