Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breust in his second year of playing averaged 15.5 disposals, 2 goals, 1 goal assist, and 4.8 tackles a game.

That’s at the age Ginnivan is next year

Also in his first year he averaged 12 disposals, 1.8 goals, 0.8 goal assists and 3 tackles a game while being subbed on or off in 5 of his 17 games.

Breust was a long way ahead of where Ginnivan is.
Didn’t Punky debut round Round 8 2011 @ 20 years old… Isn’t jack 20 now! That makes Jack 48 games and 58 goals ahead of Punky.. Super happy we picked up a small forward. Just what we need.

Didn’t Punky debut round Round 8 2011 @ 20 years old… Isn’t jack 20 now! That makes Jack 48 games and 58 goals ahead of Punky.. Super happy we picked up a small forward. Just what we need.

Really was a no brainer given the situation with Brockman leaving and Chad not going to be back anytime soon.

If we draft Watson and Chol/Gunston go through, our forwards next year will be:

Bennetts
Breust
Butler
DGB
Greene*
Lewis
Moore
JOS
Ramsden
Chad
Ginnivan
Watson*
Chol*
Gunston*

I've included Greene for now but I think it's likely he won't be retained.

Who from this list do we expect to be part of our next premiership? Assuming we draft Watson, we'd assume he and Lewis are the only locks. I personally expect DGB to have a breakout year this year and make the 3rd tall spot his own. Hopefully Ginni too if he comes on like we hope.

The rest are speculative or will likely be retired by our next tilt. Lots of work still to go, but a couple of key pieces are there.

Luke’s first year is the year he turned 21 which is this year for Ginnvan. And in his first year performed well above what Ginnivan did this year before taking it up a notch the year after.

For Ginnivan to track the same as Breust he’s going to need to have an incredible year next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breust in his second year of playing averaged 15.5 disposals, 2 goals, 1 goal assist, and 4.8 tackles a game.

That’s at the age Ginnivan is next year

Also in his first year he averaged 12 disposals, 1.8 goals, 0.8 goal assists and 3 tackles a game while being subbed on or off in 5 of his 17 games.

Breust was a long way ahead of where Ginnivan is.
Luke Breust was playing in the Box Hill reserves at the same age when Ginnivan kick 40 goals.

If we draft Watson and Chol/Gunston go through, our forwards next year will be:

Bennetts
Breust
Butler
DGB
Greene*
Lewis
Moore
JOS
Ramsden
Chad
Ginnivan
Watson*
Chol*
Gunston*

I've included Greene for now but I think it's likely he won't be retained.

Who from this list do we expect to be part of our next premiership? Assuming we draft Watson, we'd assume he and Lewis are the only locks. I personally expect DGB to have a breakout year this year and make the 3rd tall spot his own. Hopefully Ginni too if he comes on like we hope.

The rest are speculative or will likely be retired by our next tilt. Lots of work still to go, but a couple of key pieces are there.
Definitely
Lewis
Moore
Watson

Maybe
Ginnivan
Ramsden

Unlikely but have shown some promise
Butler
Bennetts
JOS

The rest I’d put in the highly unlikely category.

I'm just wondering what Bris have seen in Ryan that we may have not. I get he's 25 and we picked him up in the midseason draft and a F2 (let's be honest, it'll be closer to the third round after comp picks and freebies etc. and Collingwood being top 4) isn't to be sneezed at but what are we missing?

Luke’s first year is the year he turned 21 which is this year for Ginnvan. And in his first year performed well above what Ginnivan did this year before taking it up a notch the year after.

For Ginnivan to track the same as Breust he’s going to need to have an incredible year next year.
Breust came on as sub so many times in his first year and had such an impact, hit the scoreboard every time i think

I'm just wondering what Bris have seen in Ryan that we may have not. I get he's 25 and we picked him up in the midseason draft and a F2 (let's be honest, it'll be closer to the third round after comp picks and freebies etc.) isn't to be sneezed at but what are we missing?

I reckon they've seen the writing on the wall for one of their big talls, and Ryan is a quick replacement

Luke Breust was playing in the Box Hill reserves at the same age when Ginnivan kick 40 goals.
And then when he played showed he was a level or two above Ginnivan at his best. Then backed it up year after year.

Where Ginnivan regressed drastically after that 1 year. Where his only good stat was his goals.

It’s incredibly optimistic to even begin to put the start of Breust’s and Ginnivan’s careers in the same category.

Just clocked off work and arrived at Waverley. Lots of fans and media are gathering, huge buzz and great atmosphere around the place. I sense a big few hours coming up trade wise.

JT2_9711-COPY.jpg

Don't really need Ginni to hit quite the same level that Breust did for us for the trade to be a success, though. If he is 75% as good as him over the course of their careers the trade is still easily a win for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back