Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some one else calculated, Ginni was traded in for equivalent of pick 24. We need to use the current ladder positions for this and not try to satisfy ourselves with imaginary scenarios of we rising and pies falling.

Pick 24 is way overs for Ginni and am not happy that Wright managed to F*^% us again after last yr with Titch.

Brocky was 44 & 63, so around late 30's pick

I was expecting us to trade their 39 for our 44 as even just swap of F2's was over but we went the other way and added F3 as well to mix.

hampers f1 trade now and will see us fold more easily for Kosi and Ryan under argument of facilitating F1 trade.
We didn't trade Pick 24, I wish people would stop using pick values outside of the bidding process.

Mate they sent Geelong pick 7 for nothing. Trying to understand their rationale is a fool's errand.
I actually hope they end up stuck with Chol, they deserve it.

While we will be down a KPP and not ideal, maybe we could think about developing Rama or Meek into that Ruck/KPP, even getting a few games into Dear assuming we draft him.

Chol is not worth the hassle imo

As some one else calculated, Ginni was traded in for equivalent of pick 24. We need to use the current ladder positions for this and not try to satisfy ourselves with imaginary scenarios of we rising and pies falling.

Pick 24 is way overs for Ginni and am not happy that Wright managed to F*^% us again after last yr with Titch.

I was expecting us to trade their 39 for our 44 as even just swap of F2's was over but we went the other way and added F3 as well to mix.

hampers f1 trade now and will see us fold more easily for Kosi and Ryan under argument of facilitating F1 trade.
It's only worth pick 24 if both clubs finish in the same place. If hawks improve a bit and Collingwood drop off a bit then it's closer to a pick in the 30s.

Ginnivan and Watson to me seem very different players.

Equivalent of Pick 24 in overall pick value/points. We didn't trade Pick 24 for him which is what you are making it look like by saying Pick 24 is way overs.

I have no issues with the trade for Ginnivan. MM did a good job here.

I couldn’t give a flying whatever theoretical pick value you want to give it. People who hold fast to pick values do my head in.

Guess who went pick 24 in the past 3 years? Charlie Clark, Toby Conway, & Blake Coleman.
Total games played? One (6 disposals)

We have just landed a premiership small forward who will actually add something to our weakest area of the ground.

Last edited:
Can someone remind me of the rules please... To trade an F1, do you need to have a F2, F3 and F4?

I ask because we dont currently have an F3. Saying thats what we want for Kosi might be a smoking gun that the F1 is still in play?

Am I reading this right?

I couldn’t give a flying whatever theoretical pick value you want to give it. People who hold fast to pick values do my head in.

Guess who went pick 24 in the past 3 years? Charlie Clark, Toby Conway, & Blake Coleman.
Total games played? Zero

We have just landed a premiership small forward who will actually add something to our weakest area of the ground.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

This glass is half empty and I WILL NOT be satisfied with any acknowledgement less than that.

Can someone remind me of the rules please... To trade an F1, do you need to have a F2, F3 and F4?

I ask because we dont currently have an F3. Saying thats what we want for Kosi might be a smoking gun that the F1 is still in play?

Am I reading this right?
Yes need to get that f3 from Richmond to move f1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Croc and Frenchy, but you can tell they aren't natural forwards. Ginnivan might not be the strongest, fastest, greatest athlete ever. What he is is a goal kicker and we need a few more of them around if we're gonna win anything next year.

You must not have watched much of Croc this year.

He definitely has forward craft.

Am I reading this right?

That’s exactly why we’ve been so keen on keeping picks in each round.

Get the feeling the club is preparing for anything, need the flexibility on draft night. If north don’t stump up 2 & one of 3 or F1, we’ve put the best offer to the eagles.

Am I reading this right?
It's probably not as huge of an issue as it appears because we can simply ask for the team we are trading with to give an F3 back to us in the deal and it is fine.

e.g. we could do Pick 4 and F1 to Eagles for Pick 1 and F3 (not saying we/they would do that btw, just using it as an example of how we can still make it work if we were wanting to trade our F1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back