Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumoured that the s#%m are trying to trade up with north to draft Duursma to partner with Xavier. So it becomes clear, deep down they have always wanted to be “the family club” 😉
What would North gain from trading down when they already have 4 first round picks this year and will trade their 2 compo picks this year as well?

I am not surprised
It would look like pick 3, f1, f2 and 2 players
I don't mind it tbh.
We have a lot of players we could replace quite easily but would be valuable to a basket-case team.
You'd be shocked how quickly you will forget them.

We would surely get something back the other way, but the top-end collateral is fair enough.

I guess it depends jut how much they want Curtin.

If they trade with us they could be looking at Curtin + Mckercher or Duursma + Brockman + DGB + a potential top 5 pick next year.

Pretty good way to fast track a rebuild

Reid will be box office. He's going to bring the eyeballs!

And the free agents.

Just think. 2021 shopped around mitchell omeara no takers. 2022 got it done 2023 went after every player over 6ft with two kneees. 2024 land mature tall quality

But we already have skin in the game with west coast Gold Coast richmond Essendon. Just add some secret spices and bring it home

SEN might even rate us C minus

I guess it depends jut how much they want Curtin.

If they trade with us they could be looking at Curtin + Mckercher or Duursma + Brockman + DGB + a potential top 5 pick next year.

Pretty good way to fast track a rebuild

How would they be getting Curtin plus Duursma when they have only 1 pick and so do we?

WCE should either take Curtin at 1 or forget about him. I cannot see North passing on him given they are in desperate need of KPs, although they may be gun-shy after JHF (they sold him for a fair profit). North have a wealth of talent in the midfield already, so Curtin and Duursma would make sense for them.

If WCE are willing to give up on Curtin, then trading out of pick 1 would give them a greater influx of talent they so desperately need. Harley Reid is only 1 player. They need more.

Mind you, they could swap pick 1 for pick 2 plus another first rounder to ensure north get reid and WCE get Curtin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This absolutely reeks to high heaven of the wingard trade. If we are any hope of trading up to pick one you would think one of ward, mackenzie, Worpel or macdonald would have to be involved if our current picks are not even close

CHF and CHB got it done for the hodge pick one. The rest of our talls broke down within 2 seasons

This has to be being done in context that it helps us get top line free agents in 2024, where we can outspend almost anyone.
Maybe the noise this year was just to push up the price of free agents on the move. Essendon would be another with a huge war chest

Someone well liked will go too

WCE should either take Curtin at 1 or forget about him. I cannot see North passing on him given they are in desperate need of KPs, although they may be gun-shy after JHF (they sold him for a fair profit).

Curtain isn't a KP. He's more in the mould of a Jordan Dawson.

Does the fact that Curtin has a hammy injury so close to combine mean its more likely North overlook him & Wet Toast are more willing to part with Pick 1 as Curtin is more likely being available at Pick 3 (4)

Zero chance Norf would overlook him if he was available at pick 2. ZERO.

Arden street would be locked up forever if they didn’t take him.

Clarko was throwing out grenades about 6 weeks ago when he said “the number 1 pick doesn’t always work out” “only 2 numbers one picks have won flags” or whatever he was spruiking in the media.

He is the number 1 pick.

Eagles wil be doing everything possible in the background to get the suns 4th pick to give them a shot at Curtin.

Last edited:
WCE should either take Curtin at 1 or forget about him. I cannot see North passing on him given they are in desperate need of KPs, although they may be gun-shy after JHF (they sold him for a fair profit). North have a wealth of talent in the midfield already, so Curtin and Duursma would make sense for them.

If WCE are willing to give up on Curtin, then trading out of pick 1 would give them a greater influx of talent they so desperately need. Harley Reid is only 1 player. They need more.

Mind you, they could swap pick 1 for pick 2 plus another first rounder to ensure north get reid and WCE get Curtin.
North took a loss on JHF. Were offered way more a year prior.

So until draft night which is still 6 weeks away every single player on Hawthorns list will be mentioned as potential trade collateral by the media as we chase Harley Reid???

Eagles are taking Reid unless Norf hand over pick 2 and 3.

Cannot see it any other way.
Only for another week-and-a-half, isn't it?

Pretty sure only picks can be traded during the draft. Any trades involving player swaps will need to be done during the Trade Period.

Is it worth trying for a Bowes type deal with gws and taking on Haynes’s full contract and trying to get one of their first round picks? (Ideally Richmond’s that they traded for hopper last year, so pick 6-7)

Frees them up cash-wise, we get another top pick, and whilst it’s a cap hit, we keep being told we have lots of money available. We could either shuffle the exiting contracts to fit it in, or do a Geelong and offer him a second year with a small increase and smooth it over a couple of years.

Whilst we don’t need another half back, we could then trade out one of the plethora we have, say Scrimshaw, for a second round or future second round, and improve our draft hand for next year.
Now, I don’t necessarily want to lose Scrimshaw, but it seems like he’s not a guaranteed first 22 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back