Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brockman doesn't want to go to Freo what does it matter? He nominated WCE very early on in the piece I don't think he is going to deviate.
He's been talking with West Coast for most of the season, bigger contract from Fremantle might sway him now its an option*.

Yes - adding two Daicos boys to the crux of a side that had already made a grand final in 2018 is all on GW. Not saying Wrighty is a lemon but he has plenty of misses to go with the hits.
Pies people rightly very happy with the guy who brought over Bobby Hill and Tom Mitchell in last year's trade period after that game last week.

He's been talking with West Coast for most of the season, bigger contract from Fremantle might sway him now its an option*.

That would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. I think the Eagles links have been there long before 2023 and they probably have more cap flexibility than Freo by a long way.

Hawthorn have to be a little annoyed with Brockman for requesting a trade to West Coast, rather than W.A, right?
Can't be, its the same every year including players nominating Hawthorn. If a guy wants to return to Victoria and play for Hawthorn they nominate Hawthorn not Victoria

Can't be, its the same every year including players nominating Hawthorn. If a guy wants to return to Victoria and play for Hawthorn they nominate Hawthorn not Victoria
The main thing is that West Coast finished 18th so he'd requested the one club we have nothing to bargain with. It is annoying, but is what it is.

Hawthorn have to be a little annoyed with Brockman for requesting a trade to West Coast, rather than W.A, right?

When was the last time a player said 'hey just get me to my home state, highest bidder for my current team wins!' - players always nominate a team. If this was a kid we wanted saying 'make me a Hawk' we would be furious if Dodo was meddling in their affairs after making their intentions known. Brockman has done what hundreds of players have done before him and it's a bit weird people are expecting different of him. Would it be nice for our club - absolutely - but that's now how this system works. Players want to go to their new home - it's up to the clubs to figure out the rest.

That would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. I think the Eagles links have been there long before 2023 and they probably have more cap flexibility than Freo by a long way.
Yeah West Coast wanted Brockman in the draft and there was talk at the time they were going to use their next pick on him and were surprised that Hawthorn took him prior to them

Yeah West Coast wanted Brockman in the draft and there was talk at the time they were going to use their next pick on him and were surprised that Hawthorn took him prior to them

Yup - it was always playing with fire taking him so we can't be incredulous 3 years down the track that he is keen to go back home, particularly with twins in the mix since we drafted him.

When was the last time a player said 'hey just get me to my home state, highest bidder for my current team wins!' - players always nominate a team. If this was a kid we wanted saying 'make me a Hawk' we would be furious if Dodo was meddling in their affairs after making their intentions known. Brockman has done what hundreds of players have done before him and it's a bit weird people are expecting different of him. Would it be nice for our club - absolutely - but that's now how this system works. Players want to go to their new home - it's up to the clubs to figure out the rest.

When was the last time a player nominated the bottom club as their destination?
Nick Stevens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this Harley talk is quite funny.

Eagles don’t want the risk attached to Harley. You would think that their rebuild will follow the Adelaide rebuild model by targeting local talent. Curtin is that local talent.

Asking for the world when deep down that want to avoid Harley is just part of the game.

Anything more than Pick 3 future 1st and Brockman is too much and we walk away.

Geelong gave up picks 13/15/20 for Jeremy Cameron (the best key forward in the game) with also 2 second round selections coming back
yeah this is the train I'm on.

West Coast will push for the highest price as they should - but there's an upper limit that will have clubs walk away.

I personally think a future first on top of this year's first is too much. A future first (probably top 5 pick) to go up 2 places in the draft is a wild price.
I wonder what clubs are actually willing to put on the table as an offer? Easy for footy commentators to throw all sorts of wild ideas around as though "west coast wont accept anything less" when it's not their accountability or assets invovled.

West Coast are in a good position because if all the trades fall over they get Harley Reid.

When was the last time a player nominated the bottom club as their destination?
Nick Stevens?

Gary Ablett left a prime Cats side to go to a team that was destined to not win much. Weird shit happens. Brockman wants to be with his family. As someone with a kid and has our entire extended family in other states it is bloody hard not having that support network - so I really don't blame Brockman wanting to head back to WA.

Gary Ablett left a prime Cats side to go to a team that was destined to not win much. Weird s**t happens. Brockman wants to be with his family. As someone with a kid and has our entire extended family in other states it is bloody hard not having that support network - so I really don't blame Brockman wanting to head back to WA.
Ablett left the cats on afl backing. It wasn't a career decision, it was a financial one only. It was also not a trade in which the cats got way overs in compo

Ablett left the cats on afl backing. It wasn't a career decision, it was a financial one only. It was also not a trade in which the cats got way overs in compo

Great. Not sure what overall point you're making but I answered your question. Plenty of players join shit clubs - particularly when there is a go home factor at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back