Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn should be saying to West Coast, Brockman mus be included in a package which involves Pick 1.
Could be Pick 4, Future 1st and Brockman for e.g

If not and there not willing to accept Brockman as part of the Pick 1 negotiations then we are strictly only dealing with Freemantle.
He's home sick after all, he's still going back home.

Hawthorn should be saying to West Coast, Brockman mus be included in a package which involves Pick 1.
Could be Pick 4, Future 1st and Brockman for e.g

If not and there not willing to accept Brockman as part of the Pick 1 negotiations then we are strictly only dealing with Freemantle.
He's home sick after all, he's still going back home.
And then Brockman goes to West Coast in the pre-season draft for nothing.

And then Brockman goes to West Coast in the pre-season draft for no
Club X will just pick up Player X in the pre-season draft, gets thrown up every year time and time again.

I would love for somebody to put up, how many players have been walked through the pre-season draft in the past 3 or 4 years.

Everybody throws it up with every second player mentioned during the trade period. But how many have actually been walked to the PSD?

Brocky can't be too 'homesick' if he's only wanting to go to one team within the same city....

Club X will just pick up Player X in the pre-season draft, gets thrown up every year time and time again.

I would love for somebody to put up, how many players have been walked through the pre-season draft in the past 3 or 4 years.

Everybody throws it up with every second player mentioned during the trade period. But how many have actually been walked to the PSD?
When has a club refused to trade a player to the bottom side and that player not ended up there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times has the team with the first pick in the PSD been the team the player has nominated?

The player being out of contract too.

I'm tipping it hasn't happened often, if at all. And thus it's a completely legitimate threat for the WCE to throw at us.

How many times has the team with the first pick in the PSD been the team the player has nominated?

The player being out of contract too.

I'm tipping it hasn't happened often, if at all. And thus it's a completely legitimate threat for the WCE to throw at us.

Adelaide and Hately I think?
GWS wanted a first round pick, Adelaide was the only interested and Adelaide offered a pick in the 40s.
Ended up walking to PSD and has since been delisted.
Fremantle's genuine interest may have helped us secure a better deal here.

Ignoring everything else, if that is our draft haul this year, we will have done pretty well.
Not sure about that, taking our gifted pick to the draft and matching some bids is the bare minimum. Not a disaster but it would be a very underwhelming return.

Zane Duursmas' manager was on trade radio earlier and implied that he'd unlikely slip past NM assuming they take picks 2 + 3 to the draft.

It's a really interesting situation between WCE and NM at the moment...
2+3 is way overs.
2/3 + F1 is too risky for NM as it could be pick 1 next year.
2/3 + combination of late first rounders just isn't going to cut it for WCE.

Gut feel is WCE take Reid.
NM take McKercher & Duursma.

We would then very likely take Watson, but I get the feeling WBD are going to try and flip our pick. Hopefully that helps form the basis of a Bailey Smith trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back