Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DGB is now a forward in the coaches eyes, how much on-field time would Gunston take away from him?
He wouldn't take any, because it's best not to think of players as competitors. Mitchell isn't going to play someone who genuinely isn't performing, so it's up to DGB to play the level of football that gets him selected - irrespective of whether Gunston is in the side or not.

Well that is my opinion and I will stand it thanks for your concern.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

tenor.gif

I actually disagree with most people saying gunners will only be good for 10-12 games. I think he can play 17+ games if he gets his back right.

He and Breust won't bring the forward pressure they once might have.

Will be Russian roulette - all time great body on body goal kickers vs. the modern, less talented running defenders.

Not unhappy by any stretch though. Gunston is just like Luke - super potent goal kicker if he's even half fit.

We really needed to get Schultz too I felt, given Brockman is gone. Can't believe Tyler looks to have stitched us up there, when we could have covered him if he'd just been happy to be at home.

Seems like we bent over for him all year to try and make him happy, and took full advantage of that without returning any favors. Really disappointing.

Wiz or Dursma going to help though I guess. Reid would also if that one is possible...

Arguably the most talented top end of any draft in history. And you can still make an argument that he's easily in the top 6.

He's had one down year. Nobody was questioning his elite ability before that.
Where has he finished in their b and f s ??

My bulldog friend who’s a sensible person says his kicking inside 50 and in general is very average and he Doesn’t play half forward well

He needs to get his back right to get out on the park. Full stop.
I’m not confident that he ever will. Plus he chose to leave - no hard feelings but he made his decision- we are on a different course now. DGB doesn’t need Gunston helping him next year, Dermott has already been earmarked as his mentor in 24

I've solved it 😎

Pick 4, Pick 33, F2, F3, F4 for Pick 5, Smith, F2, F3, F4, Pick 72, Pick 75

Pick 5 + F1 + Brockman for Reid + Pick 58 + Pick 63

Kozzy trade pays for Chol trade

Dogs F4 for Gunston + Pick 67

Leaves Picks 54, 58, 63, 67, 72, 75 for bid matching (and they will all come in a handful of spots after the 4 bids before McCabe and when unused selections get removed)
The Smith deal is the most probable one. Smith wants out - his coach doesn't like him much - they are desperate for our pick-4 to take a kid -> SO LET THEM PAY OVERS. I would even start negotiations with 4 and our F2 first.

The difficult one will be to convince Eagles. Our (post Smith deal) 5 and F1 may not be enough unless we threaten to indicate we take Curtin with pick 5. Now that Gunner is coming back may be add DGB (I hate to loose him personally though - but if it get us Pick-1).
Your thoughts?

I think we need to move past Gunston
You already have and that's all good but I want to cheer him off the ground with punk next year. He will be invaluable to us this pre season we will have a lot of young forwards that haven't played with each other and need to improve their forward craft. He will also be good for a few games 10 to 15 maybe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF and it is only an IF right now, they can get him back cheaply then I have no concern with it. If Brisbane want anything more than a 4th though I would be getting uneasy.
Surely the Brions would accommodate him with an easy move given they gave no collateral and the long term relationships he has with people there.
I think his career end could be a bit similar to Ben Dixon in supporting the growth of those around him for 2 years then bow out a year before we are really challenging.

Surely the Brions would accommodate him with an easy move given they gave no collateral and the long term relationships he has with people there.
I think his career end could be a bit similar to Ben Dixon in supporting the growth of those around him for 2 years then bow out a year before we are really challenging.
Would surely think so. It was a weird signing in the first place when you really think about their list. Would think it would be an easy deal but the fact they werent planning on it at all might mean they now looking at contingencies

Is Smith that good that we'd be willing to trade a future first for?

Genuine question, I don't really watch other games and when I've seen him play against us I haven't been too impressed.
He was played out of position last year, he would give the midfield some point of difference as would think he played inside and outside rather than wing/high half forward.

If they could use him as a link player and the second touch guy from the centre square yeah he is a good player

If Hawthorn think they are going to start climbing the ladder then it makes more sense than if they think they will finish bottom three again

The Smith deal is the most probable one. Smith wants out - his coach doesn't like him much - they are desperate for our pick-4 to take a kid -> SO LET THEM PAY OVERS. I would even start negotiations with 4 and our F2 first.

The difficult one will be to convince Eagles. Our (post Smith deal) 5 and F1 may not be enough unless we threaten to indicate we take Curtin with pick 5. Now that Gunner is coming back may be add DGB (I hate to loose him personally though - but if it get us Pick-1).
Your thoughts?
We can't threaten the Eagles with anything because North have two picks above our Pick 4 (or what could be Pick 5), and North will have to trade one of those - either Pick 2 or 3 for Harley. WCE can just do the North trade at that point, and take Curtin at 2 or 3 before we do anything.

Your thoughts?
I was originally thinking 33 + F2 + swap of 4 and 5 for Smith but wanted us to be able to trade our F1 so changed it to swap of F2, F3, F4 which they would deem likely in their favour.

If the Dogs want Watson as much as has been stated, then the Eagles chances of getting Curtin with 5 is no different to 4 so the only real concern would be North and it seems doubtful they would actually pick him there and even if they did, WC would probably be happy with whoever is left out of Duursma and McKercher so it's a win either way (and they would be hoping our F1 may mean they have 2 x Top 3 picks next year as well).

I'd rather keep DGB and it sounds like he's happy staying with us but if it's the difference between Reid and no Reid, I could be talked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back