Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s basically two likely outcomes from here -
1) North take Curtin + McKercher, meaning you take Duursma and we get Watson.
2) North take Curtin + Duursma, meaning you take Watson and we get McKercher.

Both are great outcomes for the Dogs, so can’t imagine the club is worried either way
I actually think it’s option 3 where north take mckercher and duursma. We end up with Watson and you have either curtin or sanders. I think north’s “interest” in curtin is to try and force a trade with west coast, but if push comes to shove they won’t take him

Our key position stocks are our weakness - by far.

I would’ve thought losing Ryan would be the last thing we’d consider.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
On a related but different note, by what logic do clubs have control of players who are out of contract? Why can Geelong make any demands re Ratugolea’s trade when by definition he has no contract with them? Why can’t he just go wherever he wants to ( same with Brocky)? How do clubs retain an interest in a player who is no longer under contract to them?

On a related but different note, by what logic do clubs have control of players who are out of contract? Why can Geelong make any demands re Ratugolea’s trade when by definition he has no contract with them? Why can’t he just go wherever he wants to ( same with Brocky)? How do clubs retain an interest in a player who is no longer under contract to them?

Because port definitely want him but don’t have any leverage other than trade what Geelong wants or risk him being convinced to stay or go to another club in the pre season draft.

Because port definitely want him but don’t have any leverage other than trade what Geelong wants or risk him being convinced to stay or go to another club in the pre season draf
Because port definitely want him but don’t have any leverage other than trade what Geelong wants or risk him being convinced to stay or go to another club in the pre season draft.
But what I don’t get is why a club can insist on terms for a player they have no contract with any longer in the first place. What call does a club have on a player they no longer have a contract with? Seems incongruous to me.

Because port definitely want him but don’t have any leverage other than trade what Geelong wants or risk him being convinced to stay or go to another club in the pre season draf

But what I don’t get is why a club can insist on terms for a player they have no contract with any longer in the first place. What call does a club have on a player they no longer have a contract with? Seems incongruous to me.

They have the ‘signing rights’ (For lack of a better term)

I actually think it’s option 3 where north take mckercher and duursma. We end up with Watson and you have either curtin or sanders. I think north’s “interest” in curtin is to try and force a trade with west coast, but if push comes to shove they won’t take him
So much uncertainty around Norths selections. If there’s just one thing we can safely assume, it’s that there’s zero chance North are going to pick the most suitable players. Their recruiting team jumped the shark when they picked Philips over McDonald

not much u can do if Brisbane is seriously offering an MSD player (picked basically last in that draft too mind you) with 6 month's experience a three-year deal. you would be insane as Ryan not to take that. basically guarantees you will have a shot at a real AFL career

We could offer the same…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not groundbreaking stuff but Smith was/is keen to get to us .
Dogs have called our bluff but I would be somewhat confident for next year , given he was knocking back other clubs flat out .

How do we get Smith and a FA KPP if that’s what the plan is.

IMO the Hawks need to find a way to get a F2 from a team to use to get back into the this years draft after the McCabe bid. There are many very good kids that will be available.

The Suns and the Swans have the Shinbegger 2024 EofR1 picks. These would be perfect but I don’t see how we get them.

Brisbane would seem the best choice as they will have to get points to match for the top 10 Ashcroft-mark-2 bid. We ask for Brisbane’s F1 for our F2 and F3, and maybe a kicker…

The Hawks then use Brisbane’s F1 to get back into the 2023 draft to get our target (pick 18 to 30 range)

Last edited:
What's happening with Massimo?
Any movement

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last best Bigfooty info says Dodo is being obstinate and asking for pick 33. Utterly ridiculous. Hawks will not do that.

Edit: Be clear: while I would like to have the authority to write the above, it is not my info… it is KLs.

Last edited:
IMO the Hawks need to find a way to get an F2 from a team to use to get back into the this years draft after the McCabe bid. There are many very good kids that will be available.

The Suns and the Swans have the Shinbegger 2024 EofR1 picks. These would be perfect but I don’t see how we get them.

Brisbane would seem the best choice as they will have to get points to match for the top 10 Ashcroft-mark-2 bid. We ask for Brisbane’s F1 for our F2 and F3, and maybe a kicker…

The Hawks then use Brisbane’s F1 to get back into the 2023 draft to get our target (pick 18 to 30 range)

What ever F1’s we get I’d rather keep it.

If it’s let’s say Brisbane’s it would be around from pick 15-18 so we would need to get around the same this year I think.

Richmond are the 3rd club...at least, that's whats being reported
Yes. But if the pick we get from Tigers is just forwarded alone for Chol then that's just two trades independent of each other. Gold Coast are not giving or getting anything from Tigers directly so it's not really a "3 club trade".

I suspect a pick from the GC goes back to Tigers hence making it a "3 club trade".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back