Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a deal with 2/3 in it or I floated this mega trade only using 2023 picks as something fairly reasonable where the sides trading up north and dees give up about the equivalent of pick 9 and draft hands end up like this
North 1,6,15,37
Eagles 2,8,17
Dees 3
Cats 11,18
What does everyone give up?

Looks pretty good

Guys.... we're guaranteed to be recruiting a 197cm defender.

He's only like 85 kg. Would get absolutely smashed and ruin his career if we play him early. Look at Jedd Busslinger for example. Despite finishing high in the draft, he was still never played. And that was the right decision. KPPs take long to develop, and the skinnier they are to begin with, the longer it will likely take.

I think our possible deal (4 and future first) is better than those.

Will most likely end up two top 5 picks!

Edit: They still might be able to get Curtin as well.
I think you're a tad optimistic there. They'd get Curtin with the North pick and they still denied it..
Also I don't think future assets are all that appealing considering where WCE stand atm.

I believe Ethan Phillps - last years VFL MVP has signed with Box Hill. He's a big key defender who intercepts as well IIRC.

Can anyone who's watched him shed a little more light on him? Any word as to whether we are in to him at all?

Edit: I see KL said we're considering him for SSP. Awesome!

It’s a deal with 2/3 in it or I floated this mega trade only using 2023 picks as something fairly reasonable where the sides trading up north and dees give up about the equivalent of pick 9 and draft hands end up like this
North 1,6,15,37
Eagles 2,8,17
Dees 3
Cats 11,18
North are big losers in that to go from 2,3,15,17,18

I don't think pick 1 is moving, unless Eagles decide our 4+F1 is better offer. Problem is Reid will improve our ladder spot by 2-3 positions as he is also an avenue for many goals, so that devalues our F1.

North fans have been asking for Dees to just do a direct trade of 6+11 for 3 but Dees want something back. Don't think North will agree to add 18 into the mix, say 3+18+57 for 6+11+42. Sounds fair to me and gives north 2,6,11,15,17,42.

Damn, north are blessed to be gifted all this by their masters.

But I a hoping north keep their 2,3 and offer it to us if we make the improbable trade for pick 1 as we will take Reid.

What does everyone give up?

Looks pretty good
North lose 2,3,17,18 gain 1,6,37
Eagles lose 1 gain 2,8,17
Dees lose 6,11 gain 3
Cats lose 8 gain 11,18

hawkinoz north aren’t the losers they turn their freebies into Harley Reid and still retain a top 6 pick for osullivan and another first rounder. You can’t look at it purely as a football or points transaction, the $ Harley Reid brings for bums on seats or eyes on north games needs to be factored in. Obviously it’s the centre of a deal expect lots of fourth rounder to fly around!

Dees lose 6,11 gain 3
Cats lose 8 gain 11,18

hawkinoz north aren’t the losers they turn their freebies into Harley Reid and still retain a top 6 pick for osullivan and another first rounder. You can’t look at it purely as a football or points transaction, the $ Harley Reid brings for bums on seats or eyes on north games needs to be factored in. Obviously it’s the centre of a deal expect lots of fourth rounder to fly around!
And 2500x $500 limited edition signed and framed Harley Reid #1 draft pick jumpers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees lose 6,11 gain 3
Cats lose 8 gain 11,18

Not using points, I am comparing 1,6,37 with 2,6,11,15,17,42

North are very much into Colby and think he is the better mid compared to Reid.

On their list needs basis, the 2nd one would be better as it is quite likely one or both of 15 & 17 could be converted to F1 picks on draft night. 2,6,11 would be Colby, Curtin, Wilson

Not using points, I am comparing 1,6,37 with 2,6,11,15,17,42

North are very much into Colby and think he is the better mid compared to Reid.

On their list needs basis, the 2nd one would be better as it is quite likely one or both of 15 & 17 could be converted to F1 picks on draft night. 2,6,11 would be Colby, Curtin, Wilson
So you have them taking the dees deal but 3,18 for 6,11 as 18 is gone in your proposal is that right? If so that’s a shocking deal for north. I didn’t mention 42 but under my proposal they would still have it.
Overall you miss my main point. The AFL want Harley at North for commercial reasons and engineered a package that facilitated it, but at the same time made it indirect enough to hide it from most of the football public, who don’t pay close enough attention to notice. All the clubs know this, why do you think the reaction from usually measured people like Chris Scott was so strong. It’s not if it’s when and for what.

Our offer of pick 4 + future first is better than the dees offer.

Pick 4 > Pick 6
Future 1st which may be top 5 > Pick 11 in a compromised draft and a pick in the late teens.

Our offer of pick 4 + future first is better than the dees offer.

Pick 4 > Pick 6
Future 1st which may be top 5 > Pick 11 in a compromised draft and a pick in the late teens.
IF... The eagles are willing to trade pick 1.. I believe we're in the box.. Melbourne can't outbid our offer of 2 x Top 5 picks and North are very unlikely to offer 2 & 3 or 2/3 & F1 (likely top 3 pick).. The task is to convince the Eagles to be patient enough with our F1.. Lot to play out here

4,F1,44 for 1,F3 would be the deal

North's offer suggests they either don't rate Reid much higher than who they'd pick at 2 and 3, or they don't think the Eagles will end up selecting Reid if they hold pick 1.

It won't happen but it would be hilarious if the Eagles decided to take our 4 + F1 offer and only then when faced with the reality they'll miss on Reid, North panic and finally offer up 2 + 3 to us for 1.
This would be the funniest thing ever as we then use pick 2 + 3 and select Watson and Duursma with Reid either being a bust or asking for a trade at first chance.

Dear Baby Jesus.gif

My feeling is if we are able to land pick 6-8 this year with our future first we could get pick 1. it will be enough. We don't need our future first if we are thinking trades (unless it will be a big throw at an out of contract gun) and free agency next season.
Who’s doing that trade to us though? Really can’t see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back