List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah December birthday.

Hope he nominated us, sounds like a decent talent.

Getting him, Windy and Owens in the space of a few years could be a good chance of luck for us
He will. He is in our academy program and at boarding school down here

Yeah December birthday.

Hope he nominated us, sounds like a decent talent.

Getting him, Windy and Owens in the space of a few years could be a good chance of luck for us
Think he’s in the Saints Academy, so you’d imagine they’re on board. Spide has a photo with him in the last few months and looks like he’s closing the height gap very quickly. I took a look at him in the under 16s out of interest and he’s certainly very athletic.

Where does our next ruckman come from? Do we attempt to trade in another 'ready to play' ruckman at seasons end or wait for the younger players to develop?

Max Heath still has a way to go development wise and Campbell has always been a backup? Campbell seems to be a solid club man/trainer so he might a better option than we give him credit for, but there is still a hole in the list.

Marshall is 27 yo so he has plenty of time left, Campbell is 31 yo so at most has 2 or 3 years left. Down the track we may have Heath, Keeler & even Adams possibly ready to go, but do we need another 'ready to play' option between Marshall's age and the kids (19-20 yo)?

Where does our next ruckman come from? Do we attempt to trade in another 'ready to play' ruckman at seasons end or wait for the younger players to develop?

Max Heath still has a way to go development wise and Campbell has always been a backup? Campbell seems to be a solid club man/trainer so he might a better option than we give him credit for, but there is still a hole in the list.

Marshall is 27 yo so he has plenty of time left, Campbell is 31 yo so at most has 2 or 3 years left. Down the track we may have Heath, Keeler & even Adams possibly ready to go, but do we need another 'ready to play' option between Marshall's age and the kids (19-20 yo)?
We can always grab one off the end of year merry go round, there's squeezes at Hawthorn (Reeves, Meek, Lynch), GWS (Flynn, Briggs, hopefully not Preuss) and Richmond (Ryan, Soldo, Nank) or use the mid-year draft to grab a state leaguer type (Harry Boyd from Norwood, Sam Naismith from Port Melbourne)

Think he’s in the Saints Academy, so you’d imagine they’re on board. Spide has a photo with him in the last few months and looks like he’s closing the height gap very quickly. I took a look at him in the under 16s out of interest and he’s certainly very athletic.
He will. He is in our academy program and at boarding school down here
Yep, in gold coasts academy too though so there's that.

Definitely more likely to choose us now he's down here

Is Boston Everett a ruckman or playing key positions at the moment?

Edit: I have hope Heath will be ready once Campbell retires

Think we will make a play for Tom DeKoning

Is Boston Everett a ruckman or playing key positions at the moment?

Edit: I have hope Heath will be ready once Campbell retires
He was playing primarily FF in the Champs from what I saw. Mind you, he may have grown another couple of inches already and apparently has a great spring. His kicking action looks pretty poor.

Still listed as of the start of this month according to Rookie Me
Well considering he is living in Melbourne, going to school in Melbourne, playing football in Melbourne and has this written about himself and little Frankie, it's safe to say he isn't in the GC academy. However, being from the gold coast he is eligible for their program, but that's it

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3oi6kDP.jpg

4XXfm4U.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the U16 GCS vs Brisbane game where Boston kicked 3 goals and was named in the best. As mentioned he does have a strange kicking action almost Phil Krakouer like. He is obviously a project player and has a long way to go, but after watching that game I wouldnt say he is going to become the next Reiwoldt or even Spider. If he continues to grow and fill out he might develop into an option?

Last edited:
A few Carlton posters think he’s off to Geelong

Well the Cats do not much around. They will already be into their targets for the next trade periods.

I have no ide if TDK is on their taget list or not. Bur ruck is one of their few weakspots. That plus they do need to keep bringing some more younger players in. They did masterfully well in this period just gone.

Well the Cats do not much around. They will already be into their targets for the next trade periods.

I have no ide if TDK is on their taget list or not. Bur ruck is one of their few weakspots. That plus they do need to keep bringing some more younger players in. They did masterfully well in this period just gone.

The Tigers and Cats show how broken the system is when two finals teams can stockpile top players or premium youth while the lower sides get stripped bare. The balance stuff is way off at the moment. Probably Gil's biggest stuff up. He's made the competition much less weighted towards climbing the ladder as he chased dollars.

I'm not saying that we haven't spend the last 12 years trying to self sabotage any efforts to improve and taking every misstep but the AFL don't leave a light on for you any more.

The Tigers and Cats show how broken the system is when two finals teams can stockpile top players or premium youth while the lower sides get stripped bare. The balance stuff is way off at the moment. Probably Gil's biggest stuff up. He's made the competition much less weighted towards climbing the ladder as he chased dollars.

I'm not saying that we haven't spend the last 12 years trying to self sabotage any efforts to improve and taking every misstep but the AFL don't leave a light on for you any more.
I know many don't agree with this but the whole nominating a club thing is really ridiculous and inherently flavours the big clubs.

Having said that we haven't been screwed by it that badly compared to Gold Coast and GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back