List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nek minnit

SOS & Gub pull the Whitfield & pick 5 heist & turn that into Harley Reid.

Reverse melts, statues built, Dunstan never spoken about again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt we get anywhere near Reid but just getting a high pick and Whitfield would do.

I reckon Sydney has some young midfield talent worth chasing. I’d throw the bank at Braeden Campbell who, like Jordan Dawson was, is being held back a little. Matt Roberts also looks like a high production player to me.

Why would Dow come to St Kilda if he’s chasing more game time in the ones? West Coast would be his best bet.

And why would we chase Dow if we’ve got Bytel and Windhager in the twos? Are we expecting to lose a mid?

I’d much prefer we chase the Josh Sinn and Finn Callaghans of the AFL world.

I would say that both Jones and Bytel are gone end of the year, Seb Ross' spot looking shakier every week, and with Gresh's injury history and his manager saying that he prefers to play forward with short mid stints then I think we have a need for more midfield depth (would still prefer elite mid's). If he comes as a delisted free agent or for a 4th-round pick, then worth it IMO.

I don't view Hayes or Hammer as a 2nd ruck. I'm talking genuine ruckmen. Your point is valid though, we have no real backup if Marshall goes down, as such theres Matt Flynn on the FA market and although hes average in all stats he's a step up on Campbell.
Since Marshall has a few good years left l think it's smarter to wait and see if we need to spend big on another mature ruck. It's capital spent better elsewhere ATM.
Flynn is 5th league wide for taps to advantage (I read recently) which is probably the biggest knock on Marshall is that his hitouts don't really go to our advantage often enough. Flynn's actually handy resting forward too. Would be happy to get him as a FA to replace Campbell.

Flynn is 5th league wide for taps to advantage (I read recently) which is probably the biggest knock on Marshall is that his hitouts don't really go to our advantage often enough. Flynn's actually handy resting forward too. Would be happy to get him as a FA to replace Campbell.
Wow, of any ruck with more than 6 hit outs, Owens has the best HO to advantage percentage! Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 11.34.05.png

Ben McKay would be my plan A, B and C..

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is this Whitfield and a high 1stRP total bullsh*t or what?

Would be the bargain of the century and seems way too good to be true

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depends how desperate GWS are. He’s still got 4M over 4yrs. We’d at least have to offer 800k * 5, he’s got a lot of talent but he’s nearly 30 and has his injury problems, the pick would be nice, but good lord that’s a lot of salary space. Although he did have 32 disposals last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends how desperate GWS are. He’s still got 4M over 4yrs. We’d at least have to offer 800k * 5, he’s got a lot of talent but he’s nearly 30 and has his injury problems, the pick would be nice, but good lord that’s a lot of salary space. Although he did have 32 disposals last week.

I'd prefer a Grundy type deal where they still pay a portion of his salary and we cough up a pick around 30.

I reckon Sydney has some young midfield talent worth chasing. I’d throw the bank at Braeden Campbell who, like Jordan Dawson was, is being held back a little. Matt Roberts also looks like a high production player to me.

Roberts played well over here as a U18 from
Memory as well

Sounds like Gres to Carlton then.

How would they afford him?
4YlQiab.gif

This whole Bytel will be gone at the end of the year conversation is ridiculous. The kid is in the best 25 for the last 10 rounds. Both Ross and Crouch will be 30 next year, time to start to phase them out and see what the youth can do. Ross and Crouch won't take us to a premiership.
Port are playing the youth in the middle and they are successful, why not give it a go against an opponent like Hawthorn.

OK, this is mighty tangential, but TDK's grandfather (Paul Smith) played in St Kilda's first ever premiership, the 1957 under 19s team. BRING HIM HOME.
You should go on HARD QUIZ.

Special subject: TDK to St Kilda - concept and history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back