List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its unlikely we have a serious dip at anyone unless we make finals and make a decent dent into a finals campaign
I think we'll be trying to bring players in whether we make the 8 or not.

You can still target youth, which is really not a lot different to going to the draft.

Missing the 8 would only rule us out of going for a big name mature player you'd think.

Yes, but won't happen.
It’s unlikely - but I wouldn’t rule it out just yet.

For everyone else, re NWM.

We have been talking to him about re-signing for months. He has had an offer on the table that he likes since last season.

If he hasn’t signed by mid season.

It will be pretty ominous.

And for those making this about his background. It has nothing to do with it.

He is a kid who misses his core family unit and is very close to them.

The club accommodates trips home for him whenever possible.

But on more than 1 occasion. NWM found it very hard to leave them to comeback.

the irony
Yes the ironing

Monkey Chores GIF

Not necessarily. 3 of the top 10 from the 2020 draft who all went to interstate clubs didn't sign until Feb/March last year.

It is getting made into a bigger issue than it needs to be right now.
Don't think it is being made into an issue at all. It is no fait accompli at all, there is no concrete evidence he is demanding to go home, it is just circumstantial, he wouldn't sign an extension when Windy and Owens did, and and a few people have suggested that while he loves the club, last year he was still homesick.

Does that mean he goes? Not at all. A lot has changed between the end of the last season and the beginning of this and I would doubt one poster here would want him to go. I for one sure hope he signs on.

It was mentioned in the context of this thread, is all and is a live issue until he signs for us. As bird_man posted some on here should not get triggered because some here are discussing it.

Hope you're right, but the inference is there to be made. Clearly the club would like to have him re-signed now, as they've done with the other players in his draft, and it does not seem likely to me that Nasiah is holding out for more cash or a better deal. So what do you put it down to?
Managing the news cycle.

Managing contract discussions because Gallagher was thinking of going back go SA.

NWM and his management think that after 17 games in his first season he might be worth a bit more.

Club being culturally sensitive and aware and making sure that when he signs he's completely comfortable with it.

Heaps of other reasons more logical than an unsubstantiated rumour about being homesick that nobody in the footy industry has ever mentioned.

He fronted up for the start of training before Christmas and he fronted up to training at the resumption of this year. Chill pill time.

Currently we have 16 players currently OOC at the end of the year - do we assume they are all gone?

Yes, because they were likely weighing up whether they want to stay or go home.

That is why it's usually the players that go interstate that leave it longer to sign.

And not all of them end up staying, plenty choose to go home after 2 years.

I'm definitely not making it a huge issue but there is a reason it's being discussed.

If he hasn't signed in 2 months I'd be getting worried
Yes, interstate players typically take longer to sign which is why the hysteria some posters want to make about him still being uncontracted is currently over the top.

Yes, interstate players typically take longer to sign which is why the hysteria some posters want to make about him still being uncontracted is currently over the top.
They take longer to sign because the weigh up whether they want to go home

And the fact is, quite a few that don't sign into their 2nd year go home

Can you show me where in this thread the over the top hysteria is?

I haven't seen it. It's just a well balanced and realistic conversation.

By that some token, some need to stop being triggered when other posters point out their gossip should not be treated as factual information.
Thought this was a forum when topics are discussed in context. Didn't realise some topics are taboo.

You see the thing is a few posters were discussing a topic then others who obviously don't want to be want to discuss just wanted to deride and disparage posters who do. You don't need to contribute if the subject doesn't suit you. Could you point our who has been 'hysterical' while discussing NWM.

Until he is signed, I will discuss the possibility in this thread, you can scroll past it you like. Would be nice if you wouldn't be so dismissive of people especially some who have more info than you apparently do.

Anyway I am out. Will discuss away from prying eyes with people who actually know what is going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise that McKay is a free agent...

If North finished bottom two then he'd definitely be worth a crack. They'd probably have to let him walk without trading and just take the compo.

Managing the news cycle.

Managing contract discussions because Gallagher was thinking of going back go SA.

NWM and his management think that after 17 games in his first season he might be worth a bit more.

Club being culturally sensitive and aware and making sure that when he signs he's completely comfortable with it.

Heaps of other reasons more logical than an unsubstantiated rumour about being homesick that nobody in the footy industry has ever mentioned.

He fronted up for the start of training before Christmas and he fronted up to training at the resumption of this year. Chill pill time.

Currently we have 16 players currently OOC at the end of the year - do we assume they are all gone?
You’ve provided a handful of alternative hypotheses (all equally “unsubstantiated” I would note, which of course means nothing because we are in the world of speculation), but none of them seems more likely than the homesick hypothesis.

Anyway, hope he signs and time will tell.

Would love Callaghan but another key forward should be our main target.

Harry Himmelberg the only notable of the gettable KPF's on the Free Agents list so more likely will be looking at someone via a trade.

From our own players, getting Gresh (RFA) and NWM extended should be our highest priority.
I would be perfectly happy to let Gresham go if he netted us a top 10 pick.

Imo he's just dunstan with a few more tricks around goal.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't realise that McKay is a free agent...

If North finished bottom two then he'd definitely be worth a crack. They'd probably have to let him walk without trading and just take the compo.
I recently had a discussion on the Norff board with some of their more literate supporters on this exact subject.

Apparently he's an RFA so there's no real chance he can just walk since they can offer more than us. And then how do you replace a 200cm 100+kg fullvack with a draftee, even if that draftee is pick 2.
Nor would the PSD be an option...

Of course we should still have a go though..

I recently had a discussion on the Norff board with some of their more literate supporters on this exact subject.

Apparently he's an RFA so there's no real chance he can just walk since they can offer more than us. And then how do you replace a 200cm 100+kg fullvack with a draftee, even if that draftee is pick 2.
Nor would the PSD be an option...

Of course we should still have a go though..
I barely ever watch North games. How good is McKay actually? I feel like his reputation could benefit from the fact that his twin brother is a gun (aka the Scott effect).

I barely ever watch North games. How good is McKay actually? I feel like his reputation could benefit from the fact that his twin brother is a gun (aka the Scott effect).

He's a gun. If you want a big gorilla stopper who holds the backline together he's top shelf. In a good side he'd be a star.

I think we'll be trying to bring players in whether we make the 8 or not.

You can still target youth, which is really not a lot different to going to the draft.

Missing the 8 would only rule us out of going for a big name mature player you'd think.
Should rule us out of the elite younger group too which are now going to finals contenders who are cashed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back