List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should rule us out of the elite younger group too which are now going to finals contenders who are cashed up
Success is a big factor in getting players in. Look at when we got Crouch, we'd just come off finals and looked like we were on the rise.

The only hope of getting McKay would be if we exploded this year in my opinion.

Success is a big factor in getting players in. Look at when we got Crouch, we'd just come off finals and looked like we were on the rise.

Yep, need to make our own luck.

Should rule us out of the elite younger group too which are now going to finals contenders who are cashed up
Probably, but there will always be plenty of options there.

Even the clubs at the bottom of the ladder are able to attract players looking for opportunity that they feel suit their needs.

I doubt we will be sitting on our hands

I doubt NWM will leave now we have so many of his SA mates around him. The only player/s I would be trading for at seasons end are a key forward and perhaps a later pick for a backup ruckman.

Otherwise we go back to the draft and keep taking best avaialable.

I agree. But I'd happily take Rachele for NWM if he made a request to go home.

100%

clubs challenging have also evolved in their list strategies and have discovered they can get in the next crop of elite younger talent, making it a sustainable build. offering them less coin but a place in an established side and all the benefits that go with that plus playing finals. beyond that it means we are offering huge coin on potential similar to carlton on cerra, which i can't see us doing.

Playing in that backline, he probably has more 1v1 defending experience than any player in the league.

If he is not getting 10 kicked on him weekly, probably means he goes alright
Who gets 5 kicked on them theses days let alone 10. It’s all team defence otherwise guys like wilkie and battle would be monstered by bigger guys. It’s hard to argue don’t pay big for backs when you look at the dees but they got their midfield right first. By the end of the years I’m really hoping and pretty sure the mids will be right. Then we look at key forwards and backs or more importantly a forward ruck. Even when king is back this year we are a tall less than last year. That is fine if Sharman or owens become consistent goal kickers but they aren’t near it yet.

Last edited:
A punter on Saintsational (Lloyd21) has suggested we will have a List Manager, as well as NWM signed within the next 2 weeks.

No he had no timeline on NWM signing. The 2 weeks was only on the List Manager.

been assured NWM going nowhere…and told list manager will be announced probably in 2 weeks

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm about as fit as the next middle aged overweight diabetic one armed smoker I'd say.

But I'm not 197cm, nor can l, or have l ever been able to football.
Sounds like Ryder now. Well obviously not but he just wouldn’t be anywhere near fit enough to play afl footy in 7 weeks let alone earlier to get in a few practice games.

I'm about as fit as the next middle aged overweight diabetic one armed smoker I'd say.

But I'm not 197cm, nor can l, or have l ever been able to football.
ryder could barely manage to get through last season.

his body was cooked at AFL level. Talent was still there however :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back