List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely kidding me if you wouldn't want this kid on your list :tearsofjoy: We're not in the position to turn down talent / future stars no matter what position they play.

Hard not to get excited by that. Marks like his brother and closing speed to size ratio is obscene. Beautiful kick too.

He's spent plenty of time forward for Carlton. If he were a genuine key forward he'd kick goals.

Played half a dozen games side by side with Pittonett this year and looked a long way off a genuine forward. In fact he didn't kick a goal when they played together by the looks of it.

I'd love any talented player in the comp on our list but to give up a first round pick for another first ruck that can rest forward, that is the question.

I've watched him play enough to think he's going to be a supertstar. I must watch his good games because he marks and converts well and is on his way to being special already. If you got him for a FRDP you'd run away laughing at your luck. He's 23 and 41 games in to his career.

I've watched him play enough to think he's going to be a supertstar. I must watch his good games because he marks and converts well and is on his way to being special already. If you got him for a FRDP you'd run away laughing at your luck. He's 23 and 41 games in to his career.
I agree think he will be a super player and one of the best big men in the league

I've seen him plenty and just don't see it, not as a key forward anyway.

Definitely plenty of potential there as a ruck.

Most Carlton people I talk to, including my old man say the same thing and if you read the thread on the trade board none of them seem too fussed about losing him.

If it turns out he plays a fair chunk of the year in the VFL then maybe the price would be worth chasing him, but I wouldn't want to be giving up our first for him at this stage.

I've seen him plenty and just don't see it, not as a key forward anyway.

Definitely plenty of potential there as a ruck.

Most Carlton people I talk to, including my old man say the same thing and if you read the thread on the trade board none of them seem too fussed about losing him.

If it turns out he plays a fair chunk of the year in the VFL then maybe the price would be worth chasing him, but I wouldn't want to be giving up our first for him at this stage.

It sounds like he's Essendon bound anyway so we don't need to worry about it. Perhaps we chase Draper then if you think TDK is a single position ruck.

Here is one post from a Carlton supporter that stood out

I think De Koning still has the potential to make it, but turning 24 this year the "he's still developing" argument won't stack up for much longer. I'm aware rucks take the longest of all positions to develop.. but facts are he is yet to play a single good game of footaball at AFL level. Not one.

The truth is Carlton was a much better football side when De Koning doesn't play. Statiscially he was the worst #1 ruckman in the competiton last year in clerance differential, and this was with a great midfield at his feet. Pittonet isn't exactly a star but the clearance differential with him rucking vs De Koning was staggering. Injuries were the only reason De Koning played in 2022, and if Pittonet was fit he would have had yet another year of reserves footy.

Casual fans will love his highlights package, in particular his abiltiy to take the odd contested grab, but he does not impact games of footall. He does little around the ground. Doesn't kick goals. Is not dangeours as a resting fwd. And gets destroyed in clearance.

Unless De Koning wants to accept a very modest contract I'd let some other side buy into the hype and we'll take the picks/players that come back our way.

Here is one post from a Carlton supporter that stood out

I think De Koning still has the potential to make it, but turning 24 this year the "he's still developing" argument won't stack up for much longer. I'm aware rucks take the longest of all positions to develop.. but facts are he is yet to play a single good game of footaball at AFL level. Not one.

The truth is Carlton was a much better football side when De Koning doesn't play. Statiscially he was the worst #1 ruckman in the competiton last year in clerance differential, and this was with a great midfield at his feet. Pittonet isn't exactly a star but the clearance differential with him rucking vs De Koning was staggering. Injuries were the only reason De Koning played in 2022, and if Pittonet was fit he would have had yet another year of reserves footy.

Casual fans will love his highlights package, in particular his abiltiy to take the odd contested grab, but he does not impact games of footall. He does little around the ground. Doesn't kick goals. Is not dangeours as a resting fwd. And gets destroyed in clearance.

Unless De Koning wants to accept a very modest contract I'd let some other side buy into the hype and we'll take the picks/players that come back our way.

You get BF nuffies whining about Max King. I think he looks potential star quality

You get BF nuffies whining about Max King. I think he looks potential star quality
I know you do.

There are plenty of Carlton fans that think along the lines of this poster though, he's not just having a whinge.

At the end of the day his record will do the talking. Yes he does some nice things but has never looked like doing any damage as a key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliott Himmelberg would be the best lower cost KPF/ruck combo IMO. Perhaps he'd be worth a sniff around.
Agree I have mentioned him to friends as a should be target for the past two trade periods. He would be a very good pick up, then also attract his brother as a free agent from GWS and we have our forward line structure.

The other is Ratugolea is OOC at seasons end and wanted out last year, so perhaps he is another option.

We mighten have to sell the farm to get a player???

Agree I have mentioned him to friends as a should be target for the past two trade periods. He would be a very good pick up, then also attract his brother as a free agent from GWS and we have our forward line structure.

The other is Ratugolea is OOC at seasons end and wanted out last year, so perhaps he is another option.

We mighten have to sell the farm to get a player???
Ratugolea.
Fijian.
Without the Cursing.

Do not want.

Gringo looks at TDK and sees…

VJ3Ek9Z.jpg

Joel Amartey is also out of contract. Vic based and would be cheap. Personally I’d have him rated way behind E.Himmelberg and TDK.

I've been big on him for ages. He would be a great get.

Won the vfl goal kicking last year I think

Not sure but he was leading at one point at least. I watched a couple of the free to air VFL games and he stood out in the Sydney VFL set up. He was pretty unlucky to not be in the best 22. Looks like he would have been better than Reid in hindsight.

Zach Sproule (ex GWS) is another tall forward who could pinch hit in the ruck. Rated him in the VFL/NEAFL when he was younger, has signed with South Adelaide in the SANFL for 2023.

He never really came on but he was meant to be promising. He'd be worth watching for a mid season draft pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back