List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole Bytel will be gone at the end of the year conversation is ridiculous. The kid is in the best 25 for the last 10 rounds. Both Ross and Crouch will be 30 next year, time to start to phase them out and see what the youth can do. Ross and Crouch won't take us to a premiership.
Port are playing the youth in the middle and they are successful, why not give it a go against an opponent like Hawthorn.
Speed .... Ports youngsters are quick footed Bytel offers no differance to Ross or Crouch, we are lacking leg speed

This whole Bytel will be gone at the end of the year conversation is ridiculous. The kid is in the best 25 for the last 10 rounds. Both Ross and Crouch will be 30 next year, time to start to phase them out and see what the youth can do. Ross and Crouch won't take us to a premiership.
Port are playing the youth in the middle and they are successful, why not give it a go against an opponent like Hawthorn.
Ross more time in the 2's maybe. Crouch is in extremely good form this season. Would love to see Steele rest forward more. He's a solid mark and kick and would free up more time for Windy/Bytel.

Sinn and Callaghan probably cost 2FRDPs Dow would be pocket change and would be ready made. Probably push Ross straight out of the midfield. Dow isn’t a superstar but he’s a solid ready to go player. Worst case he’s depth, best case is he becomes another Brad Crouch type pick up for very little outlay. It lets you develop and draft your own kids at the same time.
Would prefer Dow over TDK
Really hope we give Bytel a chance to prove himself before seasons end

Doug's is a spud , McKay only marginally better IMO,

McKay is a big one on one defender who is excellent at it but is also injury prone. Dougal is a solid GOP IMO. He's not a huge liability except when we expose the defence.

Would prefer Dow over TDK
Really hope we give Bytel a chance to prove himself before seasons end

Bytel is a good enough player but needs to play in one of Crouch or Steele's spots. He's been bloody unlucky to be injured when ever a spot opens up.

I'd prefer a Grundy type deal where they still pay a portion of his salary and we cough up a pick around 30.

Yeah maybe they would too. Again depends how far they’ve stretched the cap

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I look at it this way.
Whitfield is worth say 650-700k (just guessing)
Get say $200k per year of his salary paid from GWS, so now it's $800k to Stkilda, meaning that draft pick included costs StKilda about $150k each year over 4 years abouve Whitfield's real value. Take it and run.
Trade Pato for a pick upgrade and it costs us a 3rd round pick.

Add to this. The JDG money for 2023 has been banked. Gresh in for a haircut. Jones gone. Probs Dmac too. Only Hunter and Mason probably looking at a pay rise. And the SC supposedly increasing next year.
Great business!!!

I look at it this way.
Whitfield is worth say 650-700k (just guessing)
Get say $200k per year of his salary paid from GWS, so now it's $800k to Stkilda, meaning that draft pick included costs StKilda about $150k each year over 4 years abouve Whitfield's real value. Take it and run.
Trade Pato for a pick upgrade and it costs us a 3rd round pick.

Add to this. The JDG money for 2023 has been banked. Gresh in for a haircut. Jones gone. Probs Dmac too. Only Hunter and Mason probably looking at a pay rise. And the SC supposedly increasing next year.
Great business!!!
The goalposts have moved on this deal.
Replace Whitfield with Jelly.

Yeah, Rozee and Butters have speed. I wouldn't call JHF a quick midfielder.
Maybe but he has core strength, reads the ball in a contest off the scale, he's like a cross between Gary Jnr, Bucks and Danger.
He will be the best of them barring injury or madness. That's saying something as I seriously rate the other two.

I'm just not getting all this talk about Whitfield , why would we want another back flanker , yes i know he has been injured but we still have Coff to come back and I still have faith he will be a very good player for us ,I think our picks and cash can be better used

I'm just not getting all this talk about Whitfield , why would we want another back flanker , yes i know he has been injured but we still have Coff to come back and I still have faith he will be a very good player for us ,I think our picks and cash can be better used
+ FRDP, that's the only reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could put Sinclair on ball at that point and gain an elite midfielder.

That's why i said coff can play back flank and get sincs more in the guts

I think he can but he's getting to the stage where if he makes it it's a bonus. Will have played 16 games since 2020 and none since 2021. Looks unlikely to make it back this year after breaking down again. He's going to have to come from a long way back to even get back to Sandringham.

Yeah I’m hearing from some port mates he wants out and obviously it’s why he isn’t signing and they’re hearing it’s us
They keep banging on about swapping for Pou lol
Its been brewing for a long time , i had info given to me back in Aug 22 saying that he would be coming to us , remember #gringo2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back