List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he'd like to stay, but is getting shopped for compo just like we did with Goddard.

He's not a player who can easily be replaced at all, but we do love to give players a kick on the way out.
His management asked STKFC not to offer a contract so HE could shop himself around, but you know feelings over facts are all the go nowadays.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, lately you have been in some weird downward spiral and sharing your opinions of doom.

Acres and Ben Long is now what your holding your hat on. 2 blokes who were cusp 22 players and regularly in and out of the side.

The Fact is that we have improved in the past 12 months. More so than at any point in the last 12 years. We have some genuine gun youth. We have just had multiple all Australians.

We were cut throat sacking Ratten and going after and appoint Lyon.

If the club want to adopt the same approach and bin all your favourites. Of which all are whipping boys this year to get more kids on the list. Then let’s go for it.

You cry about direction. You’re getting it.

You cry about not investing in youth. We are doing that.

Seriously. You aren’t even close to the pulse with your narratives of late.

Haven't mentioned Long in a long time. That was a good trade in hindsight. Acres was a ****ing idiot move and impossible to justify as a positive. It was a stuff up.

I don't agree with the decisions that we are making. If you are expecting me to act happy when I don't think things are a good idea you'll be waiting a long time. I'm someone who believes in averages. If you get a pick around 18 in an ordinary draft, very rarely will it become as good as Gresham.
Looking at GWS with guys like Coniglio and Hogan coming good, you could easily see Gresham coming good. I'd hold. Trades are only as good as how they improve the list. Anything that brings in a whole lot of pieces and involves too many moving parts is usually a wank and you end up doing dumb shit like throwing in Acres to look like you got it all done.

Rattan was a good move and I was 100% behind it.

We have improved mostly because we hit gold in the draft in 2021 and Sinclair, Battle, Hill, Marshall, Wood and Sharman types stepped up. Lyon is a master coach and he extracted every drop available.

I don't know how much is list and how much is systems but to me the list probably over performed. It will be interesting to see if they can back it up with the extra additions. You expect him to have more of his pieces in and without a missing forward line he's got less excuses. I hope it's more of 2023 but not confident at all.

We had a good system but the list is still a fair way off. A fit Steele and King will make a difference but not sure it will be enough to move us forward and others might jump us I think. Dow and Henry will push guys like Byrnes and Seb Ross out maybe but not sure that it will be the kind of injection that will thrust us forward. A lot will rest on how much more Owens, Phillipou and Windhager step up. Kids usually don't improve in a straight trajectory unfortunately.
Fully expect the team to vastly improve , a squad in its 2nd year with a system the coach is instilling into play.

A lot to play out but if we only lose Gresham and gain Henry - we lose a 26yr old and gain a 22yr old who has already been able to rack up 30+ possession games , has speed and can kick - which unfortunately Gresham has not been able to do.

But the big improvement will be in the players that we missed at the beginning of the year - King , Membery , Hayes , Coffield and Sharman was overlooked and not having a list of players to really pick from with Jones , McKenzie , Billings unavailable as well- however these players are only really depth now anyway but it would of been good to have and I fully expect Steele will get back to his explosive best.

On top of that Owens , Windhager are 2 players who I fully expect to take another step up just due to there dogged determination - which is unlike the usual kids that come through development.

Milera it may be tough to continue the development he has shown over the past 2yrs and if he does well we might have a superstar on our hands , but I would be happy if he has the same type of season as this year.

Kids like Phillipou , Camaniti , Keeler , Hotton , Heath will be good to see they can get out of them this next season.

On top of that there is a lot to play out - and who we bring into the club.

Let's see if we get the other first round pick and what other players we pick up, but if they are not pushing for the top 4 next season there is something wrong.

Preseason is going to be massive.

Some dick on a footy forum ≠ facts

But whatever makes the koolaid go down better.
Why the abuse? It is generally known that is the case.
He wanted to look around, Saints happy to keep him, he has not been 'shopped around'.
Take a breath and cut the abuse mate.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure he'd like to stay, but is getting shopped for compo just like we did with Goddard.

He's not a player who can easily be replaced at all, but we do love to give players a kick on the way out.
He wants to leave to play more at the MCG and make more money.

He literally got dropped in the middle of this year - that doesn't happen to someone who isn't easy to replace.

The big question is how do Essendon justify to their members paying big salaries to McKay and Gresham?

From my outsider's perspective, it looks good for them. They are losing thirty-one year-old broken mid and his huge wage, and gaining a livewire forward pocket, who can play midfield, in the prime of his career plus a super dependable fullback.

It could really be the final piece of the puzzle for a Bombers list brimming with potential and on the cusp of finals for the first time in a long time this year.

If they think they just need to bed in Brad Scott and grow their young guns, then maybe they will be willing to chuck a few extra 100G in, It would be pretty small-time not to splash the cash if they've got oodles of space in their cap, and we all know the Bombers are famously a BIG B I G OMG SOOO BIG CLUB with a POWERFUL administration and a RICH fanbase who boast THE BEST list manager in the AFL and HARD AND STRONG players in ALL POSITIONS.

Hopefully Bombers admin see it that way too.

Get ****ed m8.

Players know when they’re getting pushed out, Rosco is as good at the PR spin as anyone.

Tim And Eric Oops GIF

Indisputable facts, courtesy of Fox News
1. The only type of player more certain to make a good football team a champion football team is a Tasmanian;

2. The only type of player better than a Tasmanian champion is two Tasmanian champions;

3. All great St Kilda teams have included Tasmanians, that's why they were great teams;

4.Whatever trade/deal/fraud/swindle/theft that secures a Tasmanian champion to the St Kilda Football club is justifiable;

5.McKercher and Sanders are guaranteed to be champion Tasmanian players, either would be wonderful, both would be fantastic;

6. Gresham has peaked, he does some very good things but he's not in our best 22 next season - sometimes he looks at his foot while kicking (probably so the ball doesn't miss his foot) instead of where he is kicking the ball to - unforgivable beyond Auskick;

7. For those who find it hard to understand, Dylan Shield is merely the lubricant in the proposed deal, he allows the relationship to be consummated for the smiling satisfaction of both parties; and

8. For the Gresham/Shield deal to be the Dildo's last trade with us would be schadenfreude and karma all rolled into one - serve them bloody right!!!
More true now than ever in the era of soy boys and safe spaces. Gimme players from the NT and TAS any friggn day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back