List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big question is how do Essendon justify to their members paying big salaries to McKay and Gresham?

From my outsider's perspective, it looks good for them. They are losing thirty-one year-old broken mid and his huge wage, and gaining a livewire forward pocket, who can play midfield, in the prime of his career plus a super dependable fullback.

It could really be the final piece of the puzzle for a Bombers list brimming with potential and on the cusp of finals for the first time in a long time this year.

If they think they just need to bed in Brad Scott and grow their young guns, then maybe they will be willing to chuck a few extra 100G in, It would be pretty small-time not to splash the cash if they've got oodles of space in their cap, and we all know the Bombers are famously a BIG B I G OMG SOOO BIG CLUB with a POWERFUL administration and a RICH fanbase who boast THE BEST list manager in the AFL and HARD AND STRONG players in ALL POSITIONS.

Hopefully Bombers admin see it that way too.
I felt like a cigarette after reading that fourth paragraph..

Yea I’m liking tholstrup

think he might be a bargain

reminds me of a recent Sydney player hard nut but forgot his name
Interested in who you were thinking of. I like him too. Sometimes doesn’t look fashionable, but he’s doing a great job against men and has some real swagger that we lack. Bit of a bigger Powell Pepper? Not sure quite who he reminds me of

Clark just needs to build his fitness. More often than not he starts games on fire but always fades in the 2nd half. Better fitness will make him stand out a lot more
He’s had Lenny mentoring him over the last year . He’s managed to keep him on the park without leading with his head , so let’s see what another pre season with Lenny can do for him .

Clark just needs to build his fitness. More often than not he starts games on fire but always fades in the 2nd half. Better fitness will make him stand out a lot more
why hasn't he built his fitness to this point? He's had years in the system.
Don't think he has it in him. He's content being an AFL footy player, I don't think he's interested in being anything more than just a name on the stats sheet in the monday morning paper.

Don't think he has it in him. He's content being an AFL footy player, I don't think he's interested in being anything more than just a name on the stats sheet in the monday morning paper.
He could be working his butt off but may just be not aerobically/athletically gifted. I know a few people have mentioned that he's lazy which he could be, but a lot of players will just never have a tank like Wood or Byrnes no matter how hard they work. Fingers crossed he can build some more fitness and run cause he has some nice tricks.

If he resigns he is going to find it very hard to just cruise along because Lyon will be pushing him and let's hope the penny drops.

What a Midfield for
Season 2024
Dylan Shiel 31
Brad Crouch 30
Seb Ross 30
Jack Sinclair 29
Jack Steele 28
Zak Jones 28

The brown smear. Looks like Dard's sheets.

McKay and Gresham are both decent players but the Bombers are overpaying drastically.

If you want to attract free agents you have to over pay in some way. We will probably pay a lot more to attract equivalent players as a small club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a Midfield for
Season 2024
Dylan Shiel 31
Brad Crouch 30
Seb Ross 30
Jack Sinclair 29
Jack Steele 28
Zak Jones 28
Out of that lot only Steele and Crouch will be fixtures, Ross will be into his last year and will only be used if needed , Sinclair will be at halfback , Jones is finished and Shiel is just a salary dump that will be lucky to play.

Fully expect the midfield will be Steele , Owens , Crouch , Windhager , Phillipou - guys like Dow etc to fill the void if needed.

It will all pan out in the preseason matches

The big question is how do Essendon justify to their members paying big salaries to McKay and Gresham?

From my outsider's perspective, it looks good for them. They are losing thirty-one year-old broken mid and his huge wage, and gaining a livewire forward pocket, who can play midfield, in the prime of his career plus a super dependable fullback.

It could really be the final piece of the puzzle for a Bombers list brimming with potential and on the cusp of finals for the first time in a long time this year.

If they think they just need to bed in Brad Scott and grow their young guns, then maybe they will be willing to chuck a few extra 100G in, It would be pretty small-time not to splash the cash if they've got oodles of space in their cap, and we all know the Bombers are famously a BIG B I G OMG SOOO BIG CLUB with a POWERFUL administration and a RICH fanbase who boast THE BEST list manager in the AFL and HARD AND STRONG players in ALL POSITIONS.

Hopefully Bombers admin see it that way too.

If they pay $700k to $750k that's about the average wage now with the CBA going up. If both come good it's absolute bargain basement wages.

You do realise we made finals this year so we can’t be too far away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You obviously don't understand the footy ecosystem. You can make finals off a good fixture, the sides you meet at the right time, jumping early through better fitness base etc. If every side that jumped up just progressed footy would be very easy to pick winners from. Freo were exactly where we were 12 months ago. Now they look way back in the pack. I'd say we are almost modelling on them but going for a few more ready made GOPs to cover for lesser list pieces.

Gold Coast are almost certain to improve. Essendon should be better, Carlton will start faster, Richmond etc etc. To me the Cats and Eagles are the only two that I can't see getting better. No guarantee that we move forward. You can also be a middling list like North were and stay just off the peloton.

I'll PM you in the circle jerk group. :thumbsu:

I'm in a special secondary group where they all circle jerk and I can eat their jizz. Like the cuck special group for less reliable posters that still need to know that we are slightly better than the rest of you.

We could easily shunt that coin for McKay into Gresham and trigger band 1 for you.

Would be the easiest deal you'll see.

We're that far of the cap ceiling.
Would be a like for like replacement for Wingard. Seriously, I normally hate these comparisons but he is almost exactly the same player

Plus we wouldn't have to deal with Essendon. Im sold

Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back